Threaded View

Spyder Garage

As I understand it, all the device does is to tell the Spyder that the throttle is turned further than it really is - in theory, you can do the same thing if you have faster and more nimble wrists, so I can't see any potential damage from it. (That said, others may know differently.)

Now, despite the fact that it only does that little thing, the effect is a FEELING of more power and responsiveness, and to me one of its best attributes is that it doesn't really mess with the electronics or mechanicals in any meaningful way, and yet still gives you the experience of an upgraded ride. And, after all, it's the feeling that creates the enjoyment.

I've seen plenty of people say it isn't worth it, but while I'm sure I missed a post or two, everyone I've seen who has actually purchased one has found it worthwhile.

I can't imagine not having one.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-22-2024 at 01:23 AM.
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.