Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default spiderpops bump & skid plate

If you hace this plate does it help the handling of the spider rt in stong winds ???

RR Springfield (1 mile South of Cantrall) Illinois
    Spyder Garage

Default Bump Skid Plate

Quote Originally Posted by MIKIE & DEE View Post
    If you hace this plate does it help the handling of the spider rt in stong winds ???
    This bump skid plate is great when your out on the highway. Get behind a semi and you, as a rider, your head, maybe bouncing around but the is way steadier than without it. Haven't experienced any side winds per say but it may not help there. Great product, well worth the price and wish I had it prior to SpyderFest.

Without Trailer
    With Trailer

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MIKIE & DEE View Post
    I had the bump skid, AKA critter splitter, etc., put on at Spyderfest. The ride home was wet, cold and windy. Had a lot of head and cross winds on the way. I really didn't notice any difference in the handling but I do have the Elka front shocks. Since the install of the Elkas the Spyder handles cross winds very well. If you want the bump skid get it for what it is meant for, keeping road debree from damaging your Spyder. Some people have reported improved handling and gas mileage but I haven't really noticed any difference in either. Plus it really looks good on our pearl white RT Limited.
    MODS: Elka Shocks, ESI RT HMT Brake Light, ESI RT Brightsides, ESI Fender TIPS, ESI RIPS, ESI RT Day Runners, Grip Puppies
    AmerSeal Sealant, KewlMetal Kewlock, Scorpio I900 Security System, Stebel Nautilus air horn, KewlMetal Highway Brackets & ISO Wings
    Corbin seat, trunkrest & driver backrest, Capt.Jim's Belt Tensioner, SpyderPops LaBlock, Cat Shields, Bumpskid & Belt Guard
    Seal PUP Floorboards, BRP chrome, Ron's Anti-Sway Bar, Lamonster LED Head/Fog Lights & BRP Air Scoops
    2011 RTL , White

Spyder Garage

I had the Elka's installed first on my RT Limited, went on a couple of long rides and I knew the shocks needed some tweaking.
    I then had the bump skid installed right at closing time and then left for another ride.
    I mentioned to my wife that I immediately felt the bike track better.

The next day I had John from Elka adjust the shocks and WOW what a difference!
    I believe that both the Elka's and Bump skid are a winning combination.
    2011 Pearl White RT Limited
    HMT Brake Light, Fender Tips Kit, Mudflap Lights, GloRyders, Seal Floorboards, Powerlet 12V, Garage Door Momentary Button, Bump Skid, Elka's Stage 1, Ultimate Sea, Air Wings

Member of the Woodstock Spyder Ryders (Illinois)

Spyder Garage

I got the BumpSkid at Spyderfest. Noticed no difference on the way home, stock shocks.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

I also had it installed at Spyderfest and I rode in some really strong head and cross winds for 2 days and I can't say that I noticed any difference in handling.

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    I also had it installed at Spyderfest and I rode in some really strong head and cross winds for 2 days and I can't say that I noticed any difference in handling.
    Yeah, but, the real question now is...have you gotten to split any critters yet?!

Number One: 2008 Yellow GS SM5. I love my Spyder.
    Number Two: 2012 RT-S Limited (the poop colored RT) I still have Number One, but Some Girl made me buy Number Two...

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Some Guy View Post
    Yeah, but, the real question now is...have you gotten to split any critters yet?!
    We didn't have any critters cross our path on the way home and there aren't many critters (4 legged) in Las Vegas so I'm not sure why I bought the silly thing
    !

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member Arr MiHardies's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Because it looks better and is better when we bottom out on all those speed bumps or parking lot entrances.
    President - Spyder Ryder of America - Mojave Desert Chapter
    National Web Master - Spyder Ryder of America

SpyderLovers Sponsor scooterexpress's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

.. now it's time to cook that road kill after the nice job the critter splitter did

Tall flag mount, spyderpops skid plate & stainless steel screen mesh, airhawk adjustable cushion, raised white lettered tires.

Spyder Garage

I think all the critters got word of our weaponry and are now bunkered in.
    2011 Pearl White RT Limited
    HMT Brake Light, Fender Tips Kit, Mudflap Lights, GloRyders, Seal Floorboards, Powerlet 12V, Garage Door Momentary Button, Bump Skid, Elka's Stage 1, Ultimate Sea, Air Wings

Member of the Woodstock Spyder Ryders (Illinois)