Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

When I bought my Spyder a Comfort Seat was part of the deal. When I got it home I noticed that there was quite a bit of slop between the seat bottoming out when being sat on and the point where the lug actually catches in the latch when you put the seat down and actually hear the latch catch. It was intuitively obvious from the set up and jam nuts on the seat lug that there was easily room to take out some of the slack, but not adjust the jam nuts so tight that the lug fit too tightly into the latch thereby putting unnecessary strain on the seat cable. I even allowed some extra space so the lug easily catches in the latch with my seat rain cover on. If you push down on the front of the seat when it's latched and there is NO play between the lug and latch you MIGHT be asking for trouble in the future. It isn't rocket science.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    After you do this and discover lots of scratches etc. on the back of the gas tank you will wish you didn't remove that post .... the seat WILL move forward / backward when you are riding it .... that POST prevents that movement ..... Mike
    At one point I had removed the bolt and it was a pain to get it back on adjusted right. Mike
    2014 RT Limited Matte Silver, Belt Guard, RT Dash Mount, Show Chrome Can-Am Spyder RT Passenger Arm Rest, Show Chrome Full Size Brake Pedal,Best shop manual, Spyder keycover with hole, Utopia drivers backrest, Showchrome trailor hitch, ShowChrome Acc Trailer Acc Rack, 2014 CA Spyder RT-RTS Master Collection-HDSv5, Airhawk Cushion, Spyderpops bumpskid, Ipod cable, Led lights, Driver Hiway pegs, Shorty Antenna, Pin Striping, ECU flash, TriAx adjustible handlebars,
    Will it ever stop--NO

Spyder Garage

Well after the problem I had this weekend getting a key stuck in my ignition so I could not open the seat or the frunk I put a screw in to keep the seat lock open and cut 2 pc of PVC that slip into a coupler (16" total--only 9" will fit under the seat) that stays under the seat to keep seat up when fueling or ???. I would like to find something else metal or wood that would hinge in the middle so it would fold in half to store and when straightened a piece of pipe would slip over the hinge to keep it straight. I left the bolt in place to go into the locking hole. Thanks, Mike
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2014 RT Limited Matte Silver, Belt Guard, RT Dash Mount, Show Chrome Can-Am Spyder RT Passenger Arm Rest, Show Chrome Full Size Brake Pedal,Best shop manual, Spyder keycover with hole, Utopia drivers backrest, Showchrome trailor hitch, ShowChrome Acc Trailer Acc Rack, 2014 CA Spyder RT-RTS Master Collection-HDSv5, Airhawk Cushion, Spyderpops bumpskid, Ipod cable, Led lights, Driver Hiway pegs, Shorty Antenna, Pin Striping, ECU flash, TriAx adjustible handlebars,
    Will it ever stop--NO

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wmh9680 View Post
    Well after the problem I had this weekend getting a key stuck in my ignition so I could not open the seat or the frunk I put a screw in to keep the seat lock open and cut 2 pc of PVC that slip into a coupler (16" total--only 9" will fit under the seat) that stays under the seat to keep seat up when fueling or ???. I would like to find something else metal or wood that would hinge in the middle so it would fold in half to store and when straightened a piece of pipe would slip over the hinge to keep it straight. I left the bolt in place to go into the locking hole. Thanks, Mike
    Why make a strut? What's wrong with the factory one?
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    Why make a strut? What's wrong with the factory one?
    If you keep the locking mechanism open like I did with the screw the seat will always be in the up position since the lock no longer locked the seat down. Actually my bike did not have a strut. The previous owner removed it so I bought a replacement I found here on the forum and it worked fine but it does not open the seat up as far as it can go. Since I was locked out this weekend I decided to make sure that never happens again so I disabled the lock. Thanks, Mike
    Will it ever stop--NO

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default WELLLLLLL NOW THAT YOU MENTION IT

Quote Originally Posted by wmh9680 View Post
    Send me your phone number and I'll send you a pic of mine ...... It raises my RT seat more than double what the OEM height is, it attaches to the frame -like the oem strut, and fits in-line with the frame just like OEM ...... Mike