Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    Only on hairpin corners and only slows us down never interferes with the direction we are traveling in. I ryde an RS - 17 front 27 rear sm5
    I've only had the nanny kick in once when I took a sharp curve too fast and the left-front wheel was getting light on the pavement. I've spent all my twisty ryding since then to see if I could do it again because it was fun!
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It can be a bit addictive ; can't it?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tehrlich View Post
    I can't believe I just read "8 psi" in a tire. If I had that low of a pressure, I'd be on the rim.

Now, I have an RT, but I run 26psi up front and 28-30 in the back. Fox shocks upgrade and RonJon sway bar. Yokohamas all around. I ride really hard at times. No nanny.
    Funny thing that you mentioned this 'Ron-Jon sway bar thing. As I had these T-Shirts made up a little while back as a gag. There is a local BBQ that is real good and we frequent it often. The owner's wife rides a Spyder so they knew who I was. Once we got to know them well I started calling the owner 'The Big Kahuna' and one of the employees started calling me 'Ron-Jon'. I made these T-Shirts to go along with it.

T-Shirt-B.jpgT-Shirt-F.jpg
    Last edited by BajaRon; 07-19-2018 at 11:18 AM.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Can't say for sure, but SpyderDeb and I have experienced a similar event on our F3's: one a 2018 F3-L and one a 2015 F3-S. In a hard cornering event and there is some fine sand/dirt on the road surface, and always on a right-hand sweeping corner, the traction was compromised and the nanny/computer did what it was supposed to do - decelerate and brake to counteract the slide. Unfortunately, even though the event is less than maybe 2 seconds, the bike moves in a straight line and into the left/on-coming lane. The event is over too quickly to try to force the steering to move back into the correct lane. We've never experienced it on a left hand corner.

Oh, tech details: Kenda tires, 25 psi front and 25 - 30 psi rear; RT sway bars with solid heim joint links; laser alignment on both. They were not bump-steering to throw the back end around. The '15 has Fox Podium shocks all around, while the '18 is stock suspension.

Wayne
    pauly1 - SpyderDeb's 'wrench'
    2018 F3-T & 2015 F3-S Road Warrior Foundation Tribute customs
    IBA #48220 SS1000 BB1500
    2015 F3-S , OEM na Basic Black with Custom Wrap

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Ron,
    How can I get one of those shirts?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    Funny thing that you mentioned this 'Ron-Jon sway bar thing. As I had these T-Shirts made up a little while back as a gag. There is a local BBQ that is real good and we frequent it often. The owner's wife rides a Spyder so they knew who I was. Once we got to know them well I started calling the owner 'The Big Kahuna' and one of the employees started calling me 'Ron-Jon'. I made these T-Shirts to go along with it.

Is that you? Nice shirt. I'd like to purchase. I'd add a little phrase. Something you and I have discussed. Nothing bad.

Spyder Garage

Default Roundabouts

I can receive a visit from nanny every time I run a little hot through a roundabout. It goes like this: hard right, hard left, hard right, and crack the throttle before straight. Nanny gives me back throttle control as soon as I get pointed straight again and the centrifugal force drops.
    Tony

2012 RT-S SE5 - Viper Red
    Castle Atom SV Tarmac Modular Helmets
    Sena SMH5 Headsets
    Ultraguard Half Cover
    Hopnel Luggage: Frunk, Top Case, and Saddlebags
    Big Bike Parts Short Spiral Antenna
    Kumho Ecsta AST 225/50R15 Rear Tire - Got almost 18,000 miles before replacement with Riken Raptor
    Vredestein Quatrac 5 165/65R-14 Front Tires
    BajaRon Spark Plugs and Wires
    EBC Rear Pads and Rotor from BajaRon
    Riken Raptor HR 215/60-15 Rear Tire

Future Plans:
    2013 Cooling Kit
    BajaRon Sway Bar
    High-Mount Brake Light
    2012 RT-S , Viper Red

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I squawked a front tire this morning making a hard left after being stopped at a traffic light! I think Nanny kicked in about then but I was close to straightening out so didn't really feel it!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Yes!! Seeee that is exactly what confused me!

You should have that t-shirt made with a big anti-sway bar sticking out of a Spyder...
    2015 RT Limited: Fox Shocks - RonJon swaybar and links - BRP Comfort Seat - BRP Triaxis handlebars - Yokohama tires (26psi fronts 28psi back) - Centramatic wheel balancers - BRP belt tensioner - BRP Short windshield - CATdelete/Spyder1 attitude exhaust - Lamonster footpegs - sintered brake pads - LED TRYCLED lights - BumpSkid

2015 RT Limited , black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Ron,
    How can I get one of those shirts?
    If you want a shirt, just email me at fyredad@hotmail.com

I don't have a big inventory, but I think I have all sizes from Medium to 4XL left.

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    Is that you? Nice shirt. I'd like to purchase. I'd add a little phrase. Something you and I have discussed. Nothing bad.
    You will have to refresh me on the 'Little Phrase' as I do not remember it. Sorry... I probably will remember as soon as you tell me... again.

I never forget anything! But sometimes I do remember late.

No, that is not me. I try to stay out of pictures if at all possible. Someone might recognize me!

That is Daniel. He is shipping, receiving, and whatever else I don't want to do at the time.... I think they call that an 'Employee'?

Spyder Garage

If you want a shirt, just email me at fyredad@hotmail.com

I don't have a big inventory, but I think I have all sizes from Medium to 4XL left.

You will have to refresh me on the 'Little Phrase' as I do not remember it. Sorry... I probably will remember as soon as you tell me... again.

I never forget anything! But sometimes I do remember late.

No, that is not me. I try to stay out of pictures if at all possible. Someone might recognize me!

That is Daniel. He is shipping, receiving, and whatever else I don't want to do at the time.... I think they call that an 'Employee'?
    Two crescent wrenches as crossbones, way away from your artwork. No one will know what it means.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    Two crescent wrenches as crossbones, way away from your artwork. No one will know what it means.
    Are we back to 'Shooter' again!? No wonder you had me thrown there!

I would never do it because it would be too close to Lamont's logo. Plus, no matter the intension, it would look like I was trying to slide in on his theme. Nobody should do that, especially friends. But I know you're not serious so it's all good...

Spyder Garage

Are we back to 'Shooter' again!? No wonder you had me thrown there!

I would never do it because it would be too close to Lamont's logo. Plus, no matter the intension, it would look like I was trying to slide in on his theme. Nobody should do that, especially friends. But I know you're not serious so it's all good...

I'm not going to add anything. I like it as is. I'll be wearing it to my workouts, including pickleball.

Spyder Garage

Update on my Nanny issue
    I just got home from another ride with the hot rod triker friends. I'm happy to report I found the issue and fixed it. I only made 2 Adjustments from last time I rode with them.
    1. Adjusted the air pressure to 17 PSI from 20.
    2. I made a mod to the passenger sensor switch where it can not get depressed from my seat and my weight.

I believe this was the problem all along. I rode threw all curves without nanny intervention but one. That was a very bumpy curve and nanny worked as intended.

My mod was this.
    a. Remove seat.
    b. remove cap/button on the sensor
    c. I found a piece of 3/4" pipe isolation and cut a slice off the end just thick enough to hold the button up. (about 1/2") and put it over the sensor. The hole in the center of the isolation should not interfere with the switch.
    d replace the button cap.
    e. replace seat.
    f. done
    Last edited by AY4B; 07-21-2018 at 11:15 AM.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Default Slipping on "ICE" at 100 degrees

Just got in after a little ride for lunch to the foothills. We were cruising the 1/2 mile gravel loop through the mountain park on gravel when my wife Sena'd me "somethings wrong with my bike!!"

As head mechanic for our rydes, I immediately paniced, and pulled over as she coasted up and after seeing she still had power, controls, etc. I said I'd ride behind her to watch for

anything happening with her rear wheel. No other problems on the 30 mile blacktop back to home, (other than the heat), and no strange sliding on ice, shimmy as she described the

bike "letting go". I can only go on the assumption it was one of those fluke bump, unweighting and low traction conditions that sometimes cause a loss of connection to the rodeway
    07 Shadows, Aero, Spirit gone but not forgotten
    03 Harley Sportster, 07 RK moved on
    11 RT- 76,000 mi, 15 RT-S- 44,000 mi, traded for current 15 base RT and 16 F3T
    2015 RT , OEM Black Gloss

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AY4B View Post
    Update on my Nanny issue
    I just got home from another ride with the hot rod triker friends. I'm happy to report I found the issue and fixed it. I only made 2 Adjustments from last time I rode with them.
    1. Adjusted the air pressure to 17 PSI from 20.
    2. I made a mod to the passenger sensor switch where it can not get depressed from my seat and my weight.

I believe this was the problem all along. I rode threw all curves without nanny intervention but one. That was a very bumpy curve and nanny worked as intended.

My mod was this.
    a. Remove seat.
    b. remove cap/button on the sensor
    c. I found a piece of 3/4" pipe isolation and cut a slice off the end just thick enough to hold the button up. (about 1/2") and put it over the sensor. The hole in the center of the isolation should not interfere with the switch.
    d replace the button cap.
    e. replace seat.
    f. done
    So good to hear that you got this 'Bug' worked out! I had a feeling it was going to be something like this. Seemingly insignificant changes to tire pressure, alignment, etc., can make a great deal of difference on the Spyder.

A Spyder set up right may be the best ride on the planet! A Spyder that isn't right may be the worst. The great thing is. It usually doesn't take that much to go from bad to beautiful!

Spyder Garage

So good to hear that you got this 'Bug' worked out! I had a feeling it was going to be something like this. Seemingly insignificant changes to tire pressure, alignment, etc., can make a great deal of difference on the Spyder.

A Spyder set up right may be the best ride on the planet! A Spyder that isn't right may be the worst. The great thing is. It usually doesn't take that much to go from bad to beautiful!
    Thanks, the difference was amazing. I am thinking a lot of people have the same problem but have it yet figured out what to do and do not ride two up. Using this mod does not disable the switch, it just gives more resistance than the little springs that are in there to hold up that button.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic