Thread: Factory CB

Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Iv'e got no dog in this fight, but I know that this has been a sore spot for many owners for years now, but isn't a CB just a CB? Back in the day, I had a cheapo CB in my VW van (I traveled a lot then) and I could talk to anybody, no matter what brand CB I or they had. What is it about Can-Am CB's that makes them so crappy? I mean, this is ancient technology, not like it was just invented last week and the bugs not yet worked out.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The CB has its own volume control in the menu screen, is that all the way up?
    I am on my 3rd CB myself.
    Last edited by stevedfive; 05-31-2017 at 09:01 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stevedfive View Post
    The CB has its own volume control in the menu screen, is that all the way up?
    I assume that was directed to me ?

Yes, it is all the way up.

The AM/FM has plenty of volume and it is up only about 1/3 of the way.

I how have an adapter to plug my phone into the AUX input.
    When I get it back it will be interesting to see how the volume is on that input.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinCT View Post
    Iv'e got no dog in this fight, but I know that this has been a sore spot for many owners for years now, but isn't a CB just a CB?
    Well yes but like anything else the quality can vary, sometimes a LOT.

In this case, it seems to be the INSTALLATION that causes most of the problems.
    Improperly installed antennas seems to be the worst culprit.
    Now we have improper grounding too.
    Oh.....and the controls seem to be a little finicky sometimes too.

It does NOT appear that there is any inherent design defect with the radio itself.