Hybrid View

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dltang View Post
    I had a QLink 150cc Scooter prior to my Spyder. I really did like it and I rode it everywhere. It worked just fine. I actually was looking to upgrade to a larger scooter when we came across the spyder. I had a very good experience and for the price, it fit my needs. Just like the spyder, the dealership has a lot to do with it. I could have purchased a much cheaper version of the scooter on line but I wanted to get one from a real dealership. I used the same dealership that I have currently for my spyder. I had a little bit of work on the scooter but it was all under warranty. Never put out any extra money for it. I changed the oil regularly and took care of it. I can see why people would purchase these chinese knock offs. It you can't afford more you made do with what you can afford. If you take care of it and work with reputable people, it usually works out to your advantage. I am sure there are plenty of horror stories but hey, look at the outsider that reads our forum. What do you think is going through his mind about the spyder. Anyway, I love my spyder way better than my scooter but I did have a good experience and that is what the question was.

Interesting to hear that people have had some success on the Chinese scooters. Perhaps this is more of a dirtbike/atv issue?

On my ATV's/Dirtbikes I change the oil & oil filter after every other ride with a good synthetic oil and clean/oil the air filters after every ride. I prefer to do all the engine work on the fleet, so I'm critical about maintenance. All of my families quads/bikes right now are Honda's (except the Spyder), but we've owned some from all the big 4 Japanese manufactures with great success.
    Last edited by SpyderKev; 08-31-2009 at 09:43 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderKev View Post
    Interesting to hear that people have had some success on the Chinese scooters. Perhaps this is more of a dirtbike/atv issue?

On my ATV's/Dirtbikes I change the oil & oil filter after every other ride with a good synthetic oil and clean/oil the air filters after every ride. I prefer to do all the engine work on the fleet, so I'm critical about maintenance. All of my families quads/bikes right now are Honda's (except the Spyder), but we've owned some from all the big 4 Japanese manufactures with great success.
    At the time we got it, the QLink was supposed to be the top of the line Chinese scooter. For that, we paid a $1000 + premium for it over a lot of other cheap 150cc scooters. I didn't think as much of it as dltang did but it was hers and she rode it just about anywhere she could. I would have preferred one of the Japanese scooters over the QLink but they were another $1500 (and up) more than what we paid for the QLink.

In the end, that scooter led us both to the Spyder so I guess it worked out in that respect.
    Former Happy Spyder Owner
    Just decided it was time to move onto other things.