Spyder Garage

Default Getting ready to purchase first Spyder.

Found this forum while researching Spyder. Looking at a new 2016 or 2017 RTS. Looking for info on good dealer in St. Louis Mo. area. Checked with Big St. Charles and CowTown. Any advice on these or others? Currently have a 2013 Harley Sportster 1200C to trade. Should I expect a large increase in insurance or possibly lower? Looking to add the 3 years BEST coverage. Should I do this upfront or wait 2 years?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mocruiser View Post
    Found this forum while researching Spyder. Looking at a new 2016 or 2017 RTS. Looking for info on good dealer in St. Louis Mo. area. Checked with Big St. Charles and CowTown. Any advice on these or others? Currently have a 2013 Harley Sportster 1200C to trade. Should I expect a large increase in insurance or possibly lower? Looking to add the 3 years BEST coverage. Should I do this upfront or wait 2 years?
    I would wait on the extended warranty. Just give yourself time to get use to the difference between the bike and the Spyder. I rode 2 wheels for 45 years. Had my both knees replaced and went the Spyder route. Didn't like it at first and missed the 2 wheels. But now I have just as much fun as ever. If I had good knees would probably own both. Usually Cow Town has good deals. Check with Pitbull in Springfield. They seem to always make good deals.
    David

Spyder Garage

I tried haggling and got nowhere, but it was discounted pretty good. The only other thing I wish I would have done is upgraded the seat. Good Luck and post pics when you get it.

2016 Can Am Spyder RT-S SE6

Spyder Garage

Welcome! I would recommend that you call Pitbull Powersports down in Springfield. They are easily one of the best dealerships in the country and will take care of you. It's well worth the short drive down there from St Louis.

Spyder Garage

I would wait on the extended warranty. You have two years to decide if you need it or not. It is an added expense up front--for some it matters more than others.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Centurion View Post
    Welcome! I would recommend that you call Pitbull Powersports down in Springfield. They are easily one of the best dealerships in the country and will take care of you. It's well worth the short drive down there from St Louis.

Pitbull is the #1 dealer in the country. Though I'm 300 miles from them, that's where I buy Spyders.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I bought from a small mom-n-pop dealer so haggling was nill.
    Friendly advice, these machines are not cheap so if your counting every dollar maybe its not for you.
    I would also ask about maintenance, maybe they will care for it for the first 18,000 miles. Saves you several hundred and is cheap for them.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Welcome to the Parteeee!!!
    PitBull and CowTown would be the first places that I'd look; if I were shopping in Missouri!
    Pop for the extra warranty: Peace of Mind is worth a lot!!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I was in a similar situation(GL1800 trike to trade) back in the Spring of 2015, so here is my 2 cents worth:
    1. Sell your H-D outright. Too many times a trade-in turns into a loose-loose situation. Cash in hand gives you leverage.
    2. The biggest mistake I made was not going the extra distance to Pitbull. They sponsor Spyderfest. As somebody's already stated they are the #1 Spyder dealer. Very customer oriented.
    3. Don't know anything about Midwest Sports Center in Farmington, MO; but you might want to check them out. They sponsor SpyderPalooza
    4. In about 4-5 months the 2018s will be introduced. Then deals on "leftover" 2017s will start.
    Good Luck with your search
    Mike
    2021 Marsala Red Metallic RT Limited

Spyder Garage

Default OR

I would just buy a new 2016 RTL or RTS and save a ton, they are still out there brand new no miles. park it next to the 17 model and you can't tell the difference unless you buy the grandma champagne color. I would wait on the warranty too. just my opinion, it's not something you need right away I like having my money longer rather than giving it away before I need to. Can't help with the dealers in your area.
    Last edited by Chasinsparks; 07-13-2017 at 09:23 PM.

Spyder Garage

I would talk with Pitbull Powersports in Springfield. I did a lot of looking before I bought and in my travels was able to see quite a few different dealers in multiple states. What I found was that Pitbull Powersports knew their product and was proud to be able to be selling such an excellent machine. Probably 90% of the other dealers I went into said yes we sell the Spyder and there it is.

Spyder Garage

I don't know how far you're willing to go, but these numbers looked very good to me:
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...0-000-off-MSRP
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chasinsparks View Post
    I would just buy a new 2016 RTL or RTS and save a ton, they are still out there brand new no miles. park it next to the 17 model and you can't tell the difference unless you buy the grandma champagne color. I would wait on the warranty too. just my opinion, it's not something you need right away I like having my money longer rather than giving it away before I need to. Can't help with the dealers in your area.
    BRP got smart in 2017 and went to a shorty radio antenna on the RT Limited.
    2021 Marsala Red Metallic RT Limited

Spyder Garage

Cowtown is the place to go if it is not too far from you.

They will have most likely experienced mechanics, and are good people.

They are the parents of Len, who is the owner of PitBull Powersports.

I like the whole family, although, can't say that they all do.

Spyder Garage

Default OK

For 24.95 you can get a shorty antenna from Spyderpops, still, save a ton on a new 16. Not sure a shorty antenna is a good selling point to add a few thousand dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeT View Post
    BRP got smart in 2017 and went to a shorty radio antenna on the RT Limited.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I am a big fan of Cowtown USA. Not only will they give you a fair price, they also are fair on service costs. I bought my 2014 RT there and they have been great even after the sale.
    2014 RTSS , Cogna/ black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post

Pitbull is the #1 dealer in the country. Though I'm 300 miles from them, that's where I buy Spyders.
    People rave about Pitbull but I could not get them to return phone calls or emails when I was interested in a Spyder F3 they hand. Because of this, I will never do business with them.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chasinsparks View Post
    For 24.95 you can get a shorty antenna from Spyderpops, still, save a ton on a new 16. Not sure a shorty antenna is a good selling point to add a few thousand dollars.
    Exactly, I paid $22,000 for my 2016 RT-S and paid $25 for a shorty antenna.

2016 Can Am Spyder RT-S SE6

Spyder Garage

Default New Spyder owner

First I want to thank everyone for the info.

I purchased my first Spyder!!!!

Wow, it is a blast.

Next input I need, I will need a drink holder to take my coffee to work. Any advice would help.

Will post pics soon.

Spyder Garage

Congratulations on your purchase! You will not regret your decision. With regard to the drink holder, it depends on the model. We have tried several but I think the best one on the market for RTs is the Spydercuff from Lamonster Garage.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Wow, it is a blast.

Next input I need, I will need a drink holder to take my coffee to work. Any advice would help.

Will post pics soon.
    I can't wait to see a pic!
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Very Active Member Buckeye Bleau's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Wow, it is a blast.

Will post pics soon.
    The first rule on SL.com, if you don't include the picture, it did not happen!

Joe
    U.S. Army Viet Nam Era Vet
    2013 Spyder RT-L, Black Currant
    Trunk mount dual SS flag holder
    TricLed foam hand grips (awesome)
    Chromed Soaring Eagle License Holder
    Utopia Deluxe driver backrest
    LED fender lighting
    Fast Flash LED brake light
    Spyder Pops LED/skid plate