Spyder Garage

Default Chrome auto body tape?

So looking to add some shine & my service mechanic shared a pic another customer did to bumpskid before installimage.jpg kinda what im looking for but cant seem to find quality tape i can find pin stripe &accent tape but so far only like 2"wide looking for wider id rather trim to fit than have layers that will peel any hints?? Thx

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Default Chrome Auto Body Tape

Quote Originally Posted by Bfromla View Post
    So looking to add some shine & my service mechanic shared a pic another customer did to bumpskid before installimage.jpg kinda what im looking for but cant seem to find quality tape i can find pin stripe &accent tape but so far only like 2"wide looking for wider id rather trim to fit than have layers that will peel any hints?? Thx
    I came across a 1990's era Firebird with the six cylinder engine. In order to spice it up, the owner had added chrome auto tape to the black exterior door handles, and to the rocker panels. The car looked as tacky as can be imagined. But perhaps your Spyder will be an exception.

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Rivco makes a very nice real chrome bumper
    for your RT

Spyder Garage

Have you specifically checked 3M products? I use some 3/4" plastic trim tape to anchor my SM10 to its mount and also used it to reattach one of the Spyderpops mounting blocks for my KOTTS Grills. The only thing you must do, that the instructions on the 3M tape package don't tell you, is wipe the surface(s) where you're going to put the tape with Adhesion Promoter, PN 06396. If you don't use the Adhesion Promoter the tape won't last. If you use the promoter the tape should hold well. I had to cut different pieces of tape for the SM10 mount to completely fit the whole mount.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Motorcycledave View Post
    Rivco makes a very nice real chrome bumper
    for your RT
    yes they do but I have a ST & am just a redneck just trying some things

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    Have you specifically checked 3M products? I use some 3/4" plastic trim tape to anchor my SM10 to its mount and also used it to reattach one of the Spyderpops mounting blocks for my KOTTS Grills. The only thing you must do, that the instructions on the 3M tape package don't tell you, is wipe the surface(s) where you're going to put the tape with Adhesion Promoter, PN 06396. If you don't use the Adhesion Promoter the tape won't last. If you use the promoter the tape should hold well. I had to cut different pieces of tape for the SM10 mount to completely fit the whole mount.
    thank you
    I can find online but rather get my hands on to view so I can better visualize my idea kinda thing, the promoter I have heard of ,have not used personally have always just used elbow grease & rubbing alcohol, let evaporate dry has worked for all my decals. The largest crosses the full width of frunk. I'm not going all out with a wrap or anything just accents to highlight a black & chrome look while keeping my flag theme prominent.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bfromla View Post
    yes they do but I have a ST & am just a redneck just trying some things

thank you
    I can find online but rather get my hands on to view so I can better visualize my idea kinda thing, the promoter I have heard of ,have not used personally have always just used elbow grease & rubbing alcohol, let evaporate dry has worked for all my decals...
    I bought my tape, actually 7/8" not 3/4", at an Advance Autoparts store It is PN 03615. Got the adhesive promoter from a second Adv Auto store because first didn't have it. The rub, pun intended, is the 3M directions say to clean and give a final rub with alcohol, and that just doesn't do the job. The dealership mounted my SM10 in the frunk atop the battery door and it wasn't long the following spring when the SM10 mount began coming off the metal mount bolted to the battery door. I cleaned off all the old tape and prepped both surfaces per the insrtuctions on the tape. When that job didn't last at all in the summer heat I called 3M and a technician told me about the adhesion promoter. I redid the job again being very scrupulous about cleaning an prepping, using denatured alcohol and then the adhesion promoter. It lasted through last summer's heat and is still firmly attached. It is a PITA that 3M doesn't tell one about it on the tape instructions. FWIW, I found a brand new exacto knife blade the best thing to make precise cuts in the tape although the stuff is so sticky right off the roll that it grabs the knife blade. I prepped the plastic SM10 mount and applied the tape to it first, trimmed the excess and then prepped the metal mounting bracket on the battery door. In your case I recommend the same approach, prep the farkle, apply the tape to it and then prep the bump skid and apply the taped farkle. You want to be very careful because you only get one shot. Mess up and you have to do it all over again at the risk of not having the tape adhere correctly a second time.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You could give Pete at www.wrapmyspyder.com a call...
    He might be able to whip something up for you.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

SpyderLovers Sponsor Spyder Wraps Pete's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Chrome will get you home.

Email: pete@wrapmyspyder.com
    Toll Free: 814-450-1923

See our latest Spyder projects here.

If you have a project idea for your Spyder please contact us and we will do our best to help.

Visit our Website here:www.wrapmyspyder.com

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder Wraps Pete View Post
    Concerning the Chrome air dam shown for the 2014 RT in the 1st picture do you make a chrome one for the 2010-2012 RT?

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

SpyderLovers Sponsor Spyder Wraps Pete's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

No, because the Conform Chrome PVC material we use for the kit will not curve to conform on the inner part of the air dam on that year RT. Sorry about that.

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    Concerning the Chrome air dam shown for the 2014 RT in the 1st picture do you make a chrome one for the 2010-2012 RT?
    Email: pete@wrapmyspyder.com
    Toll Free: 814-450-1923

See our latest Spyder projects here.

If you have a project idea for your Spyder please contact us and we will do our best to help.

Visit our Website here:www.wrapmyspyder.com