Spyder Garage

Default Easiest location to hook up switched power for a SharK Tuner Radio

I installed my 2 Speaker Shark Radio system with remote turn on/off switch on handlebar. Later I noticed the radio tuner was warm when turned off which indicates the 12 V power is still active on the tuner even when the tuner is shut off at the handlebar remote switch. Lot's of switched options--anyone know the easiest location to connect switched power?
    2015 F3's , two 12 volt power outlets Orange & Black

Spyder Garage

Default Default Easiest location to hook up switched power for a SharK Tuner Radio

The F3 has switched connections at numerous locations. In the front trunk, on the right side under the panel, under the seat.
    2021 900 Ace , Black & Gold

Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I bought a separate waterproof switch and installed it in the left access panel. Setting an in line fuse and wiring it to the battery has worked well. When I shut it down, there is no battery drain.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Roadster Renovations View Post
    I bought a separate waterproof switch and installed it in the left access panel. Setting an in line fuse and wiring it to the battery has worked well. When I shut it down, there is no battery drain.

I just soldered it on the the fog lamp power wire which only turns on when engine running. When I was hooked to battery I could turn off on the handlebar remote sw but the tuner with the USB songs on it stayed very warm. All is well. I had the left panel off thus I hadn't removed the right panel for access to the accessory leads.
    Thanks to all,
    Darrell
    2015 F3's , two 12 volt power outlets Orange & Black

Spyder Garage

Default Switched accessory outlet in frunk?

Can someone elaborate as to where the switched accessory outlet is located in the frunk? I plan to mount a switched fuse block in this area to power my Farkles without tapping into the CanBus. I was going to power it from the outlet under the left panel but this would save routing needless wiring. Thanks.