Spyder Garage

Default SpyderQuest 2017 - Thanks

At the last minute, my sweetheart and I had to cancel our annual trip to SpyderQuest due to a family emergency. Our grandson was hospitalized and has now been diagnosed with fibrous dysplasia a rare bone weakening disease with no cure. Not only did the SpyderQuest staff, give my friend our tee shirts and some other items, but they offered their prayers for our grandson and refunded a portion of our fees. We did not request a refund nor did we expect one. It has been said many times on these pages what a great group the NY Spyder Ryders are and this just reinforces that description.

I must offer thanks to GEL as well. When I provided them with the explanation for our cancellation, the representative put me hold on the phone, came back and said everything was cancelled. They waived their policy regarding late cancellation.

And now I am reaching out to the Spyder family and asking if anyone who has dealt with this disease can offer any suggestions on doctors who are experienced with this disease.

Many thanks again to NY Spyder Ryders and GEL for their understanding and generosity and Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide.
    Regards,
    John

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default SPYDERQUEST

Thank you for your Post on this ...... I am sending many, many .... for this heartbreaking news .... Mike

Spyder Garage

I dont know anything about the disease but sending you best of wishes that everything will turn out fine.

Jim
    2012 Can am Spyder RT Limited
    2013 Chevy Camaro SS

Spyder Garage

John, wishing you and you family the best. Hope things turn out OK for you, all you friends from SpyderQuest,
    Ron
    Last edited by rnet; 09-21-2017 at 05:57 PM.
    Happy Spyder Owner
    ISCI Floorboards, Ebrake extension peg, Hand Brake, and hyway pegs, tjfisher2 passenger peg extension, BRP 23" Ultra Touring Windshied, Backrest, Fog Lights, 12volt accessory plug, NMN 4" handlebar risers, Auto Zone red LEDs, BRP Comfort seat, Evoluzione sway bar, powerbus, powerlets and air shock.

Spyder Garage

Last year my wife and I were looking forward to going to Spyderquest. Four days before we were leaving my wife's mother had died. We did not have time to explain to anybody. I didn't think we would get any refund. But I notified Bill and Gretchen Pittman and offered our room at no charge to anyone who needed it. They told me to call Great Escape Lodge. We did and the desk manager was sorry for our loss. He said that he would give us a refund on the nights and only charged us fifty dollars canceling charge. I was not expecting that. A week later I received a check from Bill and Gretchen for the registration fee for my wife and myself. We also received our shirts and other items. I called Bill up and thanked him for being so kind. And I also told him I ripped up the check and was donating the money back to the New York Spyder Riders Club. Theses are the type of people we love to deal with. When we went to Spyder Quest this year there are no attitudes there. It's is like a huge family reunion. Thanks to the whole committee. I am reserved for next year. As for your grandson we will hope and pray for him to recover. This Spyder family is a close group. And I'm sure the rest will stand next to you.

Spyder Garage

Default Prayers

Prayers to your grandson from Iowa

2016 RT-S Pearl White

BRP Driver Backrest
    Lamonster Spyderdock, (2) Spydercuffs
    Magic Mirror w/Doc Humphreys tethers
    (2) Rokform phone mounts
    FOBO
    SpyderPops Bumpskid,missing belt guard,Rear strobe LEDs
    Lamonster LED headlights & foglights
    Spyder Pockets