Spyder Garage

Default What did you tell 'em your tire was for?

Oh come on....what's one more tire thread among the 10,000 already on here???? No, not really a tire thread....I know which one I want. What did you tell the seller your tire was going on? Seems they wanna know, and if ya tell 'em a Spyder, they shut ya down. So, do ya tell em a go-cart, project car, 1942 Beetle, souped up shopping cart, radio flyer wagon...what....???? Why do they gotta be so nosey? Just take my $80 and send me a tire already...
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

They didn't ask and I didn't tell. But, I was ready to tell them it was for custom buggy I was building. When I got the tire and receipt, it said something like "buyer assumes responsibility for correct application". It also had other disclaimers about mixing dissimilar tires and legal stuff like that.

Another thought.....2 weeks ago I bought new tires for my Buick Enclave from Costco, online. They never asked about my vehicle because I shopped by tire size. Paid for tires and had them delivered to local Costco store. At that point, I could have picked the tires up or have them installed. I opted to have Costco install them. They do have a policy of only installing tires that are vehicle correct which was OK with me because they were. My point is they sold me the tires and made them available to me without knowing what they were going on..... And, BTW, Costco installed my Spyder front tires that I took to them along with the old wheel and tires which I had removed. No issues and I'm full of nitrogen.
    Last edited by canamjhb; 06-24-2018 at 05:49 PM.
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by canamjhb View Post
    They didn't ask and I didn't tell. But, I was ready to tell them it was for custom buggy I was building. When I got the tire and receipt, it said something like "buyer assumes responsibility for correct application". It also had other disclaimers about mixing dissimilar tires and legal stuff like that.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Continental ContiEcoContact EP 175/55R15, the only thing I could find locally that would fit. Got them from Manny, Moe and Jack. I removed the wheels and took them in and when he said "what vehicle" I told him it was for a 1962 MGB replica kit car, not a real MGB but a fake copy and told him you might just want to put "other" in the system. He said "OK, I got it".
    Current:
    2016 Honda CTX700 DCT ABS (faring model)
    Kip Moto SherpaX Cargo Trailer

Wife Has:
    2014 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited
    2016 Lees-ure Lite Camping Trailer

Previous:
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RS SE5, zoom-zoom!
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SE5, Foot Burner - Gasoline Boiling Stinker - Gas Tank Vacuum Puller

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mazo EMS2 View Post
    Oh come on....what's one more tire thread among the 10,000 already on here???? No, not really a tire thread....I know which one I want. What did you tell the seller your tire was going on? Seems they wanna know, and if ya tell 'em a Spyder, they shut ya down. So, do ya tell em a go-cart, project car, 1942 Beetle, souped up shopping cart, radio flyer wagon...what....???? Why do they gotta be so nosey? Just take my $80 and send me a tire already...
    Wheelbarrow --3 speed--manual shift with mud boots
    Darrell
    2015 F3's , two 12 volt power outlets Orange & Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by canamjhb View Post

Another thought.....2 weeks ago I bought new tires for my Buick Enclave from Costco, online. They never asked about my vehicle because I shopped by tire size. Paid for tires and had them delivered to local Costco store. At that point, I could have picked the tires up or have them installed. I opted to have Costco install them. They do have a policy of only installing tires that are vehicle correct which was OK with me because they were. My point is they sold me the tires and made them available to me without knowing what they were going on..... And, BTW, Costco installed my Spyder front tires that I took to them along with the old wheel and tires which I had removed. No issues and I'm full of nitrogen.
    Did you get a good deal at Costco compared to other store pricing? Nitrogen keeps the tires at the same pressure
    2015 F3's , two 12 volt power outlets Orange & Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    I told them ...NOTHING ... I no longer play that game.... I buy All my tires ( for all vehicles ) on-line ....they usually ship for FREE, are less expensive. The warranty ( at least concerning Spyders ) and whether it will be honored is Moot , it won't cover the Spyder anyway, so it's of No value .........JMHO ....Mike
    Yup, gonna buy mine online too.....just that last time a certain vendor wanted to know what it was going on and the deal got nixed at that point...Surprisingly I'm finding the same tire at several places to be very closely priced....now it boils down to who'll ship for free.....
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

...Surprisingly I'm finding the same tire at several places to be very closely priced....now it boils down to who'll ship for free.....
    Walmart shipped my General Altimax for free, $77.57, no questions asked.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Bought my tires online (fronts) took to local shop with wheels, said what the heck are these from. Told him smart car, he said hmmmm. Think he was just curious re: only 3 lugs.
    Current: "Scarlett", 2017 Can Am F3-T, SE6, Intense Red Pearl.
    BRP heated grips, DIY brake light strip and turn signal strips, Chrome/LED brake light tag frame, SpyderPops bumpskid, Baja Ron swaybar and billet links, Lamonster Third Peg, BRP Adjustable Passenger Backrest, SpyderPops Missing Belt Guard, ShowChrome oversize brake pedal, TricLED foglights.

Previous: "Synthia", 2014 Can Am Spyder RT, SM6, Pearl White.

Spyder Garage

The folks at discount tire in Bend Or. Said they don't care as long as they make money. They even warrantied the car tire on my wing. I had to take the wheel off but they mounted the tire and honored their warranty. Bought all three for thr RT from them with no questions.

Very Active Member BoilerAnimal's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Took my rear tire to a local tire dealer last year to get a Yokohama put on. He asked what it was for when he saw the rim and old tire. Told him straight up that it was the rear tire from my Spyder. He said "Isn't that a motorcycle?". I said yes but it doesn't lean like a two wheeler and it uses car rims. He said "OK, I'll put it on if the rim looks to be a car rim after I take the old one off.

I whipped out my cell phone and got a tire thread up on SL's that explained the car rim controversy and he said "No problem, but I can't spin balance it."

I got my new tire mounted and headed to a bike shop for the spin job!
    On the road again...........and forever young!

2013 RT-S SE 5

Yesterday is a cancelled check.
    Tomorrow is a promissory note.
    Today is cash.......spend it wisely.

Spyder Garage

Default Really

Tell them you are hanging it on the garage wall to keep the wife from banging into it and messing up the bumper.... Then do the online shopping
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

On some tire websites there`s a box you can check that says "This tire is an exact replacement for the tires already on my vehicle" or something similar. That's the escape clause I used last time I ordered online.

If that doesn't work, try "1970 VW dune buggy."

And as someone has already pointed out, Walmart carries the General Altimax RT 43 line, and they ain`t picky.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

...A tire swing for my GrandMother; Honest!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    ...A tire swing for my GrandMother; Honest!
    Well DUH.....why didn't I think of that one...????
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

What did you tell the seller your tire was going on? Seems they wanna know, and if ya tell 'em a Spyder, they shut ya down.
    I ordered my Cooper CS5 Grand Touring for the rear back in February from Amazon. They either did not have a box to say what it was being used on, or also had the option of prefer not to say. Anyway I got it in a few days with free shipping and no questions asked.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fjray View Post
    The folks at discount tire in Bend Or. Said they don't care as long as they make money. They even warrantied the car tire on my wing. I had to take the wheel off but they mounted the tire and honored their warranty. Bought all three for thr RT from them with no questions.
    I am headed that way and may need them ... what tire did you buy (front) and would you think they would remove the tire and rim directly from my Spyder or not? Did they have it in stock or did you order it?

I am going down there later this week with about 50% of my Kenda tread left on the fronts but may want to change when I get down there ...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Well DUH.....why didn't I think of that one...????
    Fwwl free to use it next time!

Either that: or tell them that you need a spare tire for your modified Golf-Cart...

black_gray_4pass_800x450.jpg
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blitzkreig View Post
    I am headed that way and may need them ... what tire did you buy (front) and would you think they would remove the tire and rim directly from my Spyder or not? Did they have it in stock or did you order it?

I am going down there later this week with about 50% of my Kenda tread left on the fronts but may want to change when I get down there ...
    Ordered them and mounted myself.

Spyder Garage

For the rear tire I told them its going on a 2006 Nissan Sentra it was a the exact same size so they ordered one for me when I picked it up he asked for the rim I told him its for the car I had just sold and the new owner wanted a new tire for one that did not look so good..he accepted that explanation and I walked out with the tire. This was from Discount tires.
    Last edited by spydernatic; 06-26-2018 at 04:07 PM.

2017 RT Limited
    2017 RT Limited , White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If they are curious about you buying just one, you can always say you need a new spare tire.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow