Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    The only problem with that is that if you get them to effect the warranty by quoting he act, and they find that the issue WAS caused by the installation of the LEDs, then YOU will be up for the cost.
    Again- The radio was Not working Before I put the LEDs in. At this point I'm out any and All costs anyway, since the Dealers refuse (or can't) work on it. I'm not chasing all over California to different dealers in hopes one Might do me a favor and work on this thing. I now see that they will not do Warranty work....I just want it fixed without any more hassle, wasted money
    and time. Funny, my 88 year old Doctor friend said, "I had a machine like that once..the Ford Edsel".
    Last edited by Steven Young; 12-12-2016 at 08:04 AM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Finally Fixed

After being refused Warranty work at Malcolm Smith Motorsports in Riverside, Ca. And Temecula Motorsports with no real Spyder mechanic available, I was left with no other choice but to attempt to just pay for my 2016 F3 LMTD to get fixed by someone that knows what they are doing with the Spyder. Since I had Clearly stated to Malcolm Smith that my stereo problem was PRIOR to any install of LED (Lamonster) fog and headlights, I was very unhappy with BRP and their refusal to even try to help me.
    Alas I reverted to Lou at Pirate Motorsports, Riverside, Ca. and asked for help. As per normal with Lou, he gave me a bill stating the following:
    Checked speakers for proper ground. Found poor connection on speakers. Repaired bad connections. FM Stereo and MP3 checked all ops normal.
    My bike left Pirate Motorsports with my Stereo problem fixed, belt tension checked, tires checked, cleaned and he bought me lunch!
    Thus The so called "tech" at Malcolm Smith was Completly Wrong in refusing Warranty work. Even after I Told him the problem was Pre-LED light install!
    We need BRP to get folks who actually know the Spyder to be Service Centers, and dump the anti-customer service dealers who know little and make it a hassle to own a Spyder.

Thanks Pirate Motorsports for making it nice to own a Spyder👍

Spyder Garage

I have been reading this thread since I am a fairly new F3 T owner. I know the Spyder is a complex machine but there are other bikes that are complex as well. I had a Yamaha Tenere with about 10K in upgrade and extras, didn't have any problems getting it serviced. A friend has the 2015 BMW K1600 , not sure there is a more complex bike and he seems to have no issues with service. Could this be a dealer network issue with BRP? I hope not as I am certainly not going to tear into this thing myself when the time comes.

I am glad you had the bike fixed and it sounds like it was a minor issue ( this time) .

Spyder Garage

Default You have the best.....

Don't think he does warranty work but the best in southern california is Lou at Pirate powersports in Riverside. Many here in san Diego go to him and no one else. It is a haul from here but he's that good. You are much closer. Tell him George, Kieth, Ken, Mark all from SRA San Diego recommended him to you....and me though I don't go there....do my own work....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Young View Post
    After being refused Warranty work at Malcolm Smith Motorsports in Riverside, Ca. And Temecula Motorsports with no real Spyder mechanic available, I was left with no other choice but to attempt to just pay for my 2016 F3 LMTD to get fixed by someone that knows what they are doing with the Spyder. Since I had Clearly stated to Malcolm Smith that my stereo problem was PRIOR to any install of LED (Lamonster) fog and headlights, I was very unhappy with BRP and their refusal to even try to help me.
    Alas I reverted to Lou at Pirate Motorsports, Riverside, Ca. and asked for help. As per normal with Lou, he gave me a bill stating the following:
    Checked speakers for proper ground. Found poor connection on speakers. Repaired bad connections. FM Stereo and MP3 checked all ops normal.
    My bike left Pirate Motorsports with my Stereo problem fixed, belt tension checked, tires checked, cleaned and he bought me lunch!
    Thus The so called "tech" at Malcolm Smith was Completly Wrong in refusing Warranty work. Even after I Told him the problem was Pre-LED light install!
    We need BRP to get folks who actually know the Spyder to be Service Centers, and dump the anti-customer service dealers who know little and make it a hassle to own a Spyder.

Thanks Pirate Motorsports for making it nice to own a Spyder👍
    I am curious what warranty do you have? I have the PowerRev Warranty. Others love the Western Warranty. Most have the BRP warranty.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ussoldier View Post
    I am curious what warranty do you have? I have the PowerRev Warranty. Others love the Western Warranty. Most have the BRP warranty.
    Western Warranty to 06/09/2022. But..this is a 2016 machine, and still well under the BRP warranty. Clearly the $1,495.00 Western Service Contract I bought for 72 months is Also of no help.
    Last edited by Steven Young; 01-11-2017 at 03:14 AM.

Spyder Garage

Cool There Are No Mechanics For Spyders

I too have had the same problem when it comes to service for my 2015 F3. I am approaching the 10,00 mile mark. And had service at the dealer at 9500. Althought having the extened warrenty and all. I still walked out having to drop 200.00 dollars. I like the F3, But I am going to sell it and go back to Harley Davidson Tri-Glide. At least there are dealerships all over Southern Califorina where you can get service. And owing Harleys in the past. They have stood behind there product. BRP is all about making money. That's their goal. Whittier Motorsports has been good so far. But there hands are tied when it comes to items BRP will not cover.

Spyder Garage

Default Spyder RT service

Here in Myrtle Beach, SC the dealer has one trained Spyder mechanic. They will not make appointments so I have been without my RT for as long as 10 days, for nothing major. I've been in there enough that now they usually fit me in as soon as they can. They say they appreciate that I don't come in ranting like most. The service is good once they get to it but very frustrating having to be without my RT. Especially since I don't own a car (my wife does) and it is my primary transportation.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The really sad thing is that they really aren't any more difficult to work on than any other bike/trike on the road.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default WORKING ON SPYDERS

Quote Originally Posted by DrewNJ View Post
    The really sad thing is that they really aren't any more difficult to work on than any other bike/trike on the road.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    ........ Since 09, I have had my 3 Spyders into the dealers a total of 5 times ( 3 for warranty work ). I don't even consider myself to be a mechanic......The BUDS thing can sometimes be an issue, but for a lot of the things that state BUDS MUST BE USED TO RE-SET - - - actually DON'T ...... I don't have an engineering degree, but have successfully re-designed the front suspensions on both Spyder frames ( 08 thru 12 & 13 thru 16 ). You never know what you are capable of .....until you TRY ...... & I also thank the Great and Generous folks here on Spyderlovers for all the help I've received over the years , it's been in-valuable ......so good luck .... Mike

Spyder Garage

No soup 4 you!!!
    2019 Rally , Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Young View Post
    Western Warranty to 06/09/2022. But..this is a 2016 machine, and still well under the BRP warranty. Clearly the $1,495.00 Western Service Contract I bought for 72 months is Also of no help.
    While I admit is has been awhile since I have talked to Lou about warranties. He was able to accept Western, but not the BRP warranty.

Like mentioned before, Lou at Pirate Power Sports is the best hands down, and worth the extra distance for me.
    Is it Friday yet? ... Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm retired

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold
    2014 RT - Testing completed
    2016 F3-T Audio package - Sold