Hybrid View

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge707 View Post
    I had the RonBar on my GS and Have it on the RT- Really needed on both. 8,000, miles on my F3 and I see no great need for it on the F3 as I Do Not mind a slight lean when I can use my forward Legs to counteract the lean. But if you riding 2 up a lot I would recommend it and it does help a lot with highway stability if your a Long Distance driver!
    Well, I never ride 2 up and I'm not a long distance rider (at least not yet). I really have nothing to compare my F3-T's performance in the turns to, but I have noticed that:

a) it seems to track better/stabilize at higher speeds (ie- 55mph and up), and
    b) cars and two wheelers handle the twisties at faster speeds than I do, but then again I'm a new ryder.

I ride on a lot of country rural roads at 40-50mph and these roads generally don't get repaved very often. Not that there are potholes, but they have a lot of swales and un-evenness to them in general, and I find that the F3 seems to find every crack and crevice. When it rolls to the outside in curves, it can get a bit scary if the curve's pavement is uneven (especially in an off-camber curve). Was just wondering whether the BJR swaybar might help with this.

Thanks.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by newbert View Post
    When it rolls to the outside in curves, it can get a bit scary if the curve's pavement is uneven (especially in an off-camber curve). Was just wondering whether the BJR swaybar might help with this.

Thanks.
    The RonBar stiffens up the suspension so the Spyder doesn't roll to the outside in curves. Once it's installed, you have a whole new ride.
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...
    '09 Phantom and a '15 F3-S

If you don't slow down, they can't catch you..
    ​If you don't give up, they can't win.
    What a long strange journey its been.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Just do it, and you won't be disappointed!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default I couldn't agree any more ...

Quote Originally Posted by Yazz View Post
    The RonBar stiffens up the suspension so the Spyder doesn't roll to the outside in curves. Once it's installed, you have a whole new ride.

I absolutely agree with this and it has been the same effect for me with my RT.
    GO for it.
    2016 RT-Ltd
    Bajaron swaybar
    Spyderpops trunk light
    Elka stage 2 front shocks
    Extra longbrake pedal
    brake modulator
    Centramatic wheel balancers on the front and rear.
    Rivco dual flag holder
    Tricled mirror turn signal indicators
    with American and Texas flags
    Lamonster Magic Mirrors
    missing belt guard
    Lambskin seat cover from Smokey mountain sheepskin.com
    Tricled 360 degree led Headlights
    Lamonster led fog lights
    Baker air wings
    2019 Silverado Duramax dually
    2019 Cyclone 4007 toyhauler
    Spyderpops bumpskid w led light
    Rivco brand footrest
    spydermanexhaust.com exhaust
    had my exhaust installed @ Spyder in the hills.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by newbert View Post
    Well, I never ride 2 up and I'm not a long distance rider (at least not yet). I really have nothing to compare my F3-T's performance in the turns to, but I have noticed that:

a) it seems to track better/stabilize at higher speeds (ie- 55mph and up), and
    b) cars and two wheelers handle the twisties at faster speeds than I do, but then again I'm a new ryder.

I ride on a lot of country rural roads at 40-50mph and these roads generally don't get repaved very often. Not that there are potholes, but they have a lot of swales and un-evenness to them in general, and I find that the F3 seems to find every crack and crevice. When it rolls to the outside in curves, it can get a bit scary if the curve's pavement is uneven (especially in an off-camber curve). Was just wondering whether the BJR swaybar might help with this.

Thanks.
    Same boat here. We mainly ride country roads (40-50mph) which are imperfect and experience the exact same thing. I think the type of roads you ride will really determine the type of ride you can expect. One handed relaxed riding is a thing of the past now. Can never actually sit back and relax, take your eyes off the road to admire the view for a sec and it just goes wherever the imperfections take it. No death grip either lol. With more miles it has been manageable and you do sort of get used to it. Highway is awesome. Nice flat roads which are rare here are also awesome. Crowned roads still affect it tremendously. Ive found that riding as high up on the crown as possible takes a lot of the load off of the right side, but yeah lefthand off camber turns really get ya leaning to counteract the forces.
    Hoping the new front shocks and sway bar install helps. Ordering the shocks today, already have the sway bar waiting. I'll let you know with a before and after comparo if youre interested.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke387 View Post
    Same boat here. We mainly ride country roads (40-50mph) which are imperfect and experience the exact same thing. I think the type of roads you ride will really determine the type of ride you can expect. One handed relaxed riding is a thing of the past now. Can never actually sit back and relax, take your eyes off the road to admire the view for a sec and it just goes wherever the imperfections take it. No death grip either lol. With more miles it has been manageable and you do sort of get used to it. Highway is awesome. Nice flat roads which are rare here are also awesome. Crowned roads still affect it tremendously. Ive found that riding as high up on the crown as possible takes a lot of the load off of the right side, but yeah lefthand off camber turns really get ya leaning to counteract the forces.
    Hoping the new front shocks and sway bar install helps. Ordering the shocks today, already have the sway bar waiting. I'll let you know with a before and after comparo if youre interested.
    Yes! I'm definitely interested. Thanks!

What model are you ryding, and what shocks are you ordering?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke387 View Post

What you are describing really sounds more like an alignment issue. Have you had a correctly done laser alignment? I can ride one handed and very relaxed for long distances on my F3. It does not dart or wander. Something is up with your bike.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    What you are describing really sounds more like an alignment issue. Have you had a correctly done laser alignment? I can ride one handed and very relaxed for long distances on my F3. It does not dart or wander. Something is up with your bike.
    F3L here.
    How are the roads where you are? Are they 40-50mph crowned type?
    Actually ive had the laser alignment done lol. Everyone and i mean everyone has told me that its me and that i must be causing it somehow with a death grip or leaning incorrectly or with too much handlebar input. Ive addressed all of that and have come to the conclusion that its just irregular/crowned roads that just really affect these machines. Highways and flat roads are just perfect. Maybe the Kenda's affect it too. After we do the shocks/sway bar we will re-assess and change the tires if things dont improve. The best i can describe it is if you've ever driven a late model sport car with really wide low profile front tires. The way they just grab every imperfection and want to go with it. Also its really tough to hold a line through a longer sweeping turn without constantly having to adjust the steering. Kind of scary lol.
    Not trying to hijack the thread. Just thought maybe more heads are better than one and the situation seems SO similar.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

FYI, my stock 2015 F3S tracked very nicely going down the road, but everyone on this forum seemed to think that getting a laser alignment was the thing to do because factory settings are outta whack 9 out of 10 times. Got Squared Away to look her over at the Deadwood Rally and, sure 'nuf, the left wheel was about 1/4" off. Now, she still tracks nicely, but she just corners like a dream.

BTW, I am, for the most part, a touring style rider, not a "sport rider", but if I had to list the items I would put on a new bike, that sway bar would be right at the top. YMMV!!!!

Spyder Garage

Newbert, it costs a couple of hundred bucks. That's enough procrastinating. Just put it on, see how it goes and if it doesn't work for you put your old one back on and sell the Ronbar. You'll get plenty of takers. It works brilliantly for me on our rough county roads in keeping the F3-L planted in curves and also on the straights.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Newbert, it costs a couple of hundred bucks. That's enough procrastinating. Just put it on, see how it goes and if it doesn't work for you put your old one back on and sell the Ronbar. You'll get plenty of takers. It works brilliantly for me on our rough county roads in keeping the F3-L planted in curves and also on the straights.

Pete
    Yeah, well if I was a DIYer, your suggestion would make sense. However, let's just say that I'm "mechanically challenged", so trying things out to see how it goes costs me in labor costs. As a result, do I over-analyze before deciding? - Yeah, probably.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    Now your comment makes sense to me about alignment vs. a sway bar. I'm on my 3rd Spyder and have never installed the infamous sway bar.. during our recent Spyderfever rally I had my Spyder laser aligned by Joe Meyer from Las Vegas and it tracks down the highway just fine now.
    BIG F

Spyder Garage

Default sway bar

Had the sway bar installed during the 20k service, rode 200 miles today and it is hands down the best up grade to date on the handleing of my 2010 RT SM5. Great product easier to turn, easier to handle on the highway. More enjoyable ride all the way around. If you are wondering if the sway bar is worth it, it is would buy it again no questions asked.