Hybrid View

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default No disrespect meant

No disrespect Lamont but,,,,

Most people on this forum think that going over 5,000 rpm is crazy so it shouldn't be too hard to keep up with them.

You can't tell us that a new machine with 100 -160 lbs of extra weight is going to perform better than our now retro 106 hp beasts that BRP used to manufacture.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder777 View Post

Most people on this forum think that going over 5,000 rpm is crazy so it shouldn't be too hard to keep up with them.

You can't tell us that a new machine with 100 -160 lbs of extra weight is going to perform better than our now retro 106 hp beasts that BRP used to manufacture.
    Don't take it from me, take it from folks that have ridden with me.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    Don't take it from me, take it from folks that have ridden with me.
    Lamont, haven't ridden with you, but I know what you're saying is true. Followed behind a different RT towing a trailer, and he was slapping that RT through those curves, and was a bat out of h*ll on the straight-a-ways.

Was a hoot keeping up with him. And yes, most of of the ride was over 5,000 rpm. Thats when the fun starts!

It's not about how fast the machine can go, it's about the skill of the rider.
    Last edited by Yazz; 09-25-2012 at 05:59 PM. Reason: ooops!
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...
    '09 Phantom and a '15 F3-S

If you don't slow down, they can't catch you..
    ​If you don't give up, they can't win.
    What a long strange journey its been.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I wouldn't go there...
    Trying to judge Lamont's riding skils based on what you think "Most people..." think is kind of foolish!

It's never the ride... it's the rider!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    I wouldn't go there...
    Trying to judge Lamont's riding skils based on what you think "Most people..." think is kind of foolish!

It's never the ride... it's the rider!
    Lamont is the SPYDER MASTER, the SPYDER GURU, the GRAND PUBA of the SPYDER COMMUNITY! He has magical mystical powers over the SPYDER!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Cool Please pardon the interruption...

I am trying to better understand exactly what the ST seat angle is. I read in this thread it sits more like and RT, OK fine. What does that mean? They cut the tail/suspension movement and lowered the entire seat? Extended the chassis allowing for lowering the seat? Raised the front of the seat/handle bar area to create a flatter position? What?

And what about the Handle bar on the ST. Will it be the same adjust-ability as the new RT is or is that an RT only option?

Please forgive me if I missed this information. I skimmed through the posts looking for those offering info over opinions... Not that I do not have any of my own or enjoy reading them of course, just not my objective at the moment is all

Thank you in advance for your assistance...

P.S. I want the performance of an RS and missed the comfort of the RT-S. And why we are even considering learning more about the ST. We plan to ryde again in 2013...

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IWN2RYD View Post
    I am trying to better understand exactly what the ST seat angle is. I read in this thread it sits more like and RT, OK fine. What does that mean? They cut the tail/suspension movement and lowered the entire seat? Extended the chassis allowing for lowering the seat? Raised the front of the seat/handle bar area to create a flatter position? What?

And what about the Handle bar on the ST. Will it be the same adjust-ability as the new RT is or is that an RT only option?

Please forgive me if I missed this information. I skimmed through the posts looking for those offering info over opinions... Not that I do not have any of my own or enjoy reading them of course, just not my objective at the moment is all

Thank you in advance for your assistance...

P.S. I want the performance of an RS and missed the comfort of the RT-S. And why we are even considering learning more about the ST. We plan to ryde again in 2013...
    The RT seat is not lower than the RS, it is higher. It sits farther between the pegs and the seat, and because the handlebars are higher but farther back, they are higher from the seat, too, so you don't seem to reach. That may be why you get the impression that the seat is lower. The biggest difference is that the footpegs are farther forward on the RT, making the legs bend less. The ST appears to have many of these same attributes. The seat appears to be thicker, raising it slightly. The pegs are forward and lower, and the console and handlebars are higher. These all add up to a more relaxed seating position, similar to the RT.
    Last edited by NancysToy; 09-26-2012 at 08:07 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

^^^ Ok... Now that makes perfect sense thank you Proff

I think we will stick with the RT-S... I did at first become really intrigued with the ST and why all the questions came up... That said, all these improvements on the Chassis and Brakes and geometry of the suspension looks to possibly eliminate and or reduce the few things we did not care for...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Since I have all the money, time, and effort invested in my 2008 GS, I don't envision I will ever own a ST. My biggest reason for not wanting the ST, putting all that stuff aside, is that I don't like the GIVI saddlebags. Never have. When the RT came out my first complaint was the way the saddlebags open. And since I can't put my Corbin saddlebags on a ST because of the change in the footpeg supports (I'm assuming of course), I doubt I'll ever even consider the ST. I am, however, looking forward to seeing it in person and taking it for a test ride. I am curious about the suspension upgrades made.

When I first saw the pictures of the ST, I wasn't impressed.... it's growing on me.
    2008 GS , ISCI Quantum Blue