Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    . and the Administrator ( who I reported this to - TWICE ) apparently agree's with Him ..... ....................go figure .................Mike
    Looks like that should be pretty easy to figure out.

P.S. I thought you had me on your "ignore" list.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Easy Rider View Post
    In this case, as many others, I don't really KNOW if I agree with him or not.
    Because he finds a need to try and make his posts "cute" but instead they just come out obtuse and confusing.

But then......when he goes off on a tirade against me......the verbiage is absolutely 100% clear.....except for the part where he makes a feeble attempt to explain the original post.

Do YOU understand what that first post about body temperature means ??
    That's just Mike. He doesn't mean anything by it. No need to get upset.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default IGNORE LIST

Looks like that should be pretty easy to figure out.

P.S. I thought you had me on your "ignore" list.
    Yes you are ..... my IGNORE list means ...under NO CIRCUMSTANCES will I EVER Help or give you any assistance or answers to ANY problems you are having...... However, if I saw you lying by the side of the road ( after - say an accident ) I would call the police ...... ................ Mike

Spyder Garage

Default THAT'S JUST Mike

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    That's just Mike. He doesn't mean anything by it. No need to get upset.
    WRONG - actually there are quite a few people on this Forum who agree with my assessment of " Easy Rider " and the way He comports Himself here ....... It's very interesting how some people are willing to give Him a Pass ....kind of re-minds me of Mrs Cl *nton & Mr C*mey , & *lapper & *rennan people who have been PROVEN to be Liars and got away with it ....... end of Rant ...........Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

WRONG - actually there are quite a few people on this Forum who agree with my assessment of " Easy Rider " and the way He comports Himself here ....... It's very interesting how some people are willing to give Him a Pass ....kind of re-minds me of Mrs Cl *nton & Mr C*mey , & *lapper & *rennan people who have been PROVEN to be Liars and got away with it ....... end of Rant ...........Mike
    Yeah but, what are you two guys accomplishing by ranting at each other? It's not even the Off Topic forum.

Kinda unrelated to the thread topic don't ya think? (Unless you're dealing with a different kind of 'heat in the cockpit' )
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Default OFF TOPIC

Yeah but, what are you two guys accomplishing by ranting at each other? It's not even the Off Topic forum.

Kinda unrelated to the thread topic don't ya think? (Unless you're dealing with a different kind of 'heat in the cockpit' )
    Really Pete - well I won't go back in History and bring up ALL your Off -topic posts ...... However I will re-mind you about this reminder about doing it ....EVERY time you do ..... Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Really Pete - well I won't go back in History and bring up ALL your Off -topic posts ...... However I will re-mind you about this reminder about doing it ....EVERY time you do ..... Mike
    I never claimed to be perfect, Mike! But, I'm getting close!
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

In this case, as many others, I don't really KNOW if I agree with him or not. Because he finds a need to try and make his posts "cute" but instead they just come out obtuse and confusing. But then......when he goes off on a tirade against me......the verbiage is absolutely 100% clear.....except for the part where he makes a feeble attempt to explain the original post. Do YOU understand what that first post about body temperature means ??
    Honestly, Easy Rider, you are on my ignore list because too many of your posts were upsetting to me. That doesn't mean you had nothing valuable to say - it's just the way you say it is more inflammatory than it needs to be, I think. I was the same way with Mike for a long time (although back then I wasn't using the 'ignore' feature - I just tried to understand why he seemed so hostile in his posts). Since then, I've come to appreciate Mike for his honesty and expertise. Yes, I do have to read through what he's saying to understand his point (AND sometimes I think he's being obstinate in insisting that his is the only way to look at things), but for me it's worth the effort.

Now, can you both just drop this - or take it to private messages? Thanks.
    Last edited by UtahPete; 05-26-2018 at 07:14 PM.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

(AND sometimes I think he's being obstinate in insisting that his is the only way to look at things),
    What ? How dare you suggest that he is not perfect.

As for being "inflammatory", sometimes the truth isn't pretty and trying to candy-coat it doesn't serve any useful purpose.

I posted a 2 sentence question asking him to explain his message......and look what a crap-fest resulted.

I'll take the blame.....if you really think I deserve it....really.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

What ? How dare you suggest that he is not perfect. As for being "inflammatory", sometimes the truth isn't pretty and trying to candy-coat it doesn't serve any useful purpose. I posted a 2 sentence question asking him to explain his message......and look what a crap-fest resulted. I'll take the blame.....if you really think I deserve it....really.
    I'm not assigning blame. That would be judgmental and I try to avoid being that (not always successful). I don't 'blame' anyone. I'm just pointing out that what started out with the best of intentions has deteriorated into a slug-fest that doesn't benefit anyone.

When I say your posts are inflammatory (for me), it's because you are either stating as fact something that can only be opinion, or worse, are using inflammatory language to express your distaste for those whose world-view is different than your own (and mine usually is). That is far different than presenting 'truth' that is independently verifiable. No matter, you are who you are and I am who I am and we upset each other so who needs that?
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Sooooooo. Back to my post. Took the Tupperware off today. There is acoustic foam under the front panels but nothing heat reflective. I installed the two heat reflective pieces that came with the vent kit. Brackets in the vent kit were not installed as our 2017 already has the brackets.

I see why the glovebox gets hot, there is one skinny skinny skinny piece of insulation. Probably less than 1/8 inch thick. Have a picture but don’t know how to post the picture from my phone. Wish this site still used an app.

Next step is to try the weather strip suggestion. Then I want to try to get some additional insulation under the glovebox. And finally the install of the scoops. Since the scoops require body modification that will be the last thing I attempt.

As for the 102 temp on the seat, my Harley seat registered 86 after same ride so definitely more heat with the Spyder. Probably because there is a lot more airflow with the Harley. But I do appreciate the anatomy lesson 😂

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by viiiball View Post
    Next step is to try the weather strip suggestion.
    It took me a couple of tries to get it positioned just right so it would seal fairly good without getting ripped off every time the seat closes.
    The stuff I used has a paper backing and I did not remove that; don't know how long that will last. I suspect it will have to be replaced every year or so.

I thought I had seen a dark grey high density glove box insulator that was about a half inch thick......but that memory might be mixed up with something else.

Spyder Garage

Default YES, I DO...

In this case, as many others, I don't really KNOW if I agree with him or not.
    Because he finds a need to try and make his posts "cute" but instead they just come out obtuse and confusing.

But then......when he goes off on a tirade against me......the verbiage is absolutely 100% clear.....except for the part where he makes a feeble attempt to explain the original post.

Do YOU understand what that first post about body temperature means ??
    I do understand what he is saying. Body temperature is 98 .... when you sit on the seat for a period of time, the seat becomes at 98 degrees like your butt. So, 102 is only 4 degrees more, therefore not really burning hot......

Really simple to understand, when you want to......

Richard

* 2012 RS SE5 (hers)
    * 2013 ST SM5 (mine)

Daughter RSS SE5 2014
    Son in law RSS SM5 2013

P.S. 3 Kumho AST 225/50R15 and 1 Toyo Proxies 4 225/50R15 rear tires
    2 sets of Kumho 175/55R15 front tires
    1 set of Hankook V4
    1 set of Canadian Tire General tire Evertrek RTX in 14" for the 2012 ...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Gentlemen, I am confused. I bought a 2017 RT a month ago and ride him often. I rode yesterday in south Texas and it was in the high 90s. I have not noticed any heat coming up around the seat, dash, etc. other than normal engine heat. I had no noticeable heat from my '14 RT-L either. I do not argue about your heat problem, just wondering why I don't have it. If I do, I don't notice it. I hope you can fix it to your satisfaction.

I traded my 2014 RT for a 2017 Mr. White RT-S. I am George Lewis. I live two miles from Boerne, TX. I am 89, retired USAF and Sony Corp. I also have a GW MotorTrike. My email: scoot62@aol.com

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA
    If you have not been to Luckenbach, your journey is not complete.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Richardv View Post
    therefore not really burning hot......

Really simple to understand, when you want to......
    One has to be able to understand the original question .......in order to offer useful replies, I guess.

I'm pretty sure that the original complaint was "uncomfortably hot", not "burning hot".

And I'm relatively sure that almost everybody who is subjected to heat at 98 F will find it uncomfortable.
    Last edited by Easy Rider; 05-27-2018 at 01:04 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
    If I do, I don't notice it.
    Different people have different comfort thresholds for all kinds of things.

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

I put a piece of 1/2" foam in the bottom of the " glove box" . Mostly to keep my personal protective device from rattling around. BUT, now that I keep it on my person, the box is full of other stuff. None of it is hot. Sun burn lotion tube is not swollen, electronic tire pressure gauge works normally. Other items are NOT hot to the touch.
    By the way this is after riding for over 3 hours in the so. UTAH DESERT.

Hope the heat problems get solved.

Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lew L View Post
    I put a piece of 1/2" foam in the bottom of the " glove box" . Mostly to keep my personal protective device from rattling around. BUT, now that I keep it on my person, the box is full of other stuff. None of it is hot. Sun burn lotion tube is not swollen, electronic tire pressure gauge works normally. Other items are NOT hot to the touch.
    By the way this is after riding for over 3 hours in the so. UTAH DESERT.

Hope the heat problems get solved.

Lew L
    It would suck to have those rounds cooking off!
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

Rounds,rounds?..... many hundreds of degrees to " cook off" any ammo, and so much less powerful. Now they are at body temperature .

Lew L

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lew L View Post
    Rounds,rounds?..... many hundreds of degrees to " cook off" any ammo, and so much less powerful. Now they are at body temperature Lew L
    It was meant as a joke Lew
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

It was meant as a joke Lew
    Sure_Pete,
    I know, no offense taken.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

​"If I do, I don't notice it." When I said this earlier about the heat on Mr. White, I meant that living in South Texas, I expect it to be hot....engine and private parts. Ya gotta live with it around here. This Saturday when my group (The Hill Country Road Riders) heads out for breakfast, the forecast is for 102 around 1600 hours. However, I should be home by 1400 hours when it is only 98 or so.

I traded my 2014 RT for a 2017 Mr. White RT-S. I am George Lewis. I live two miles from Boerne, TX. I am 89, retired USAF and Sony Corp. I also have a GW MotorTrike. My email: scoot62@aol.com

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA
    If you have not been to Luckenbach, your journey is not complete.