Spyder Garage

Default Guys and Gals, it's been fun....

It's been a heck of a ride and a lot of fun for my wife and I as a Spyder RT owner. We love the machine and the freedom it gave us. But time has come and we wanted something a little bigger and something with more comfort. I debated a long time about moving up into a later model RT with the 1330, did some test rides on them but ultimately decided that other than the engine, everything else was pretty much the same. So I found a 2008 Goldwing trike with a Lehman kit and pulled the trigger. It will be delivered in a few weeks from iMotorsports. Those guys there are great to work with and helped me out in every way possible.

Thanks to everyone with the advice and problem solving throughout my 4 yrs as a Spyder owner.
    Last edited by jroberts650; 07-22-2018 at 12:32 PM.
    2010 RT Audio and Convience SE5, wider vented windshield, XM radio, digital voltmeter, K&N filter, LED turn signal strips, ISCI floorboards, Lamonster LED Headlights and Fogs, Two Bros Black series

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Nice choice........

I could've gone that way myself but I went with the two wheels up front. I'm sure you'll have many great miles ahead of you. Good luck and happy trails.

Spyder Garage

Default Too bad....

Happy you found something to replace the spyder and hope it lives up to your expectations. But hey...you don't have to leave us as you rode this far with us and learned a thing or two. Stay in touch and share your new experiences with us.
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    Happy you found something to replace the spyder and hope it lives up to your expectations. But hey...you don't have to leave us as you rode this far with us and learned a thing or two. Stay in touch and share your new experiences with us.
    I definitely will as we're all trikers!
    2010 RT Audio and Convience SE5, wider vented windshield, XM radio, digital voltmeter, K&N filter, LED turn signal strips, ISCI floorboards, Lamonster LED Headlights and Fogs, Two Bros Black series

Spyder Garage

You cannot go to wrong with a Gold Wing. The Lehman trike version is very popular. It's going to handle different than what your used to, but once you figure it out--you should be good to go.

The revised Wings this year had me looking and wondering. But I have put that on hold for at least a couple years now.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    You cannot go to wrong with a Gold Wing. The Lehman trike version is very popular. It's going to handle different than what your used to, but once you figure it out--you should be good to go.

The revised Wings this year had me looking and wondering. But I have put that on hold for at least a couple years now.
    Yeah hopefully it won't be a lot of relearning but I'm excited about this new adventure. I'm also ready for the big CC's and not having to have the motor twisted so high in the rpm range.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post

I likes the way the Lehman trike looked as well as the trunk pivots upwards. It's the straight axle model and I hope it will ride ok for the wife.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I triked my '02 GW in '05 with a Motor Trike kit. It is a solid axle and I love it. It is a great long distance cruiser and you will love it too. It will take a few miles to get used to it but you will enjoy every mile. Tire pressure is important. I run 41 front with a bias tire and 24 rear. IF you have a radial front which comes standard with the two wheel GW, it will wear out in 9-10,000 miles on a trike. Put on a bias for 25,000 miles when you change it out. Enjoy.

I traded my 2014 RT for a 2017 Mr. White RT-S. I am George Lewis. I live two miles from Boerne, TX. I am 89, retired USAF and Sony Corp. I also have a GW MotorTrike. My email: scoot62@aol.com

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA
    If you have not been to Luckenbach, your journey is not complete.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
    I triked my '02 GW in '05 with a Motor Trike kit. It is a solid axle and I love it. It is a great long distance cruiser and you will love it too. It will take a few miles to get used to it but you will enjoy every mile. Tire pressure is important. I run 41 front with a bias tire and 24 rear. IF you have a radial front which comes standard with the two wheel GW, it will wear out in 9-10,000 miles on a trike. Put on a bias for 25,000 miles when you change it out. Enjoy.

Thanks for that info. I will definitely check that out as soon as it's here. I can hardly wait. Everytime we see one out somewhere I would always drool looking at them. I love the way that Goldwing looks.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

on your new ride!

2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    on your new ride!

As soon as it gets here, I'll post a pic. We just finished the deal Friday and they said it would probably be Wed before the servicing and inspection was done. Then the shipping would be scheduled. It's coming from iMotorsports in Illinois so hopefully it won't take too long.