Spyder Garage

Default Any way to fade volume on F3 Ltd Rear Speakers?

They're assembling my 2016 F3 Limited & adding the topcap/backrest. I can either get the rear speakers & amp or not. When I test drove a 2017 F3 Limited I didn't find a way to fade the speakers front to back like I can on my 2012 RT Limited. The output of those back speakers was incredibly weak.

Did I miss a setting or did BRP actually leave this out on this audio system??
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 11-05-2023 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)
    2016 F3 Limited with Topcase, RT-622 trailer, Lamonster LED Headlights, Lamonster LED Fog lights, Lamonster LED Ring Lights, 25" F4 windshield, BRP Belt Tensioner, 2018 Triton GU10 trailer to haul it

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I think that there's a software update that goes along with the installation; check with your dealer.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Just get a Bluetooth headset and stream music from your phone to your helmet! Save the money!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the thoughts. Dealer is having trouble getting an answer from BRP. We'll find out this morning....

Have a Sena 20 in my helmet so I can bluetooth it. May be a better option with the increased wind noise going from RT to F3

I feel an F4 windshield in my future...................
    2016 F3 Limited with Topcase, RT-622 trailer, Lamonster LED Headlights, Lamonster LED Fog lights, Lamonster LED Ring Lights, 25" F4 windshield, BRP Belt Tensioner, 2018 Triton GU10 trailer to haul it

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by shroth View Post
    Thanks for the thoughts. Dealer is having trouble getting an answer from BRP. We'll find out this morning....

Have a Sena 20 in my helmet so I can bluetooth it. May be a better option with the increased wind noise going from RT to F3

Did they do the download of the update for the radio? Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by shroth View Post

Just picked up the same machine. Windscreen is def pretty useless. You should just order one now lol.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Just bought a 2016 F3 limited, did the speaker upgrade, and have the same problem. For the rear speakers to function with any match to the front you have turn the volume up incredibly loud. By the way my dealer says they did perform the software upgrade and it did not fix this problem. If there is anyone out whom has found a fix please share. Thx
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 11-05-2023 at 05:05 PM.

Spyder Garage

Waiting to hear about this also. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Since my prior post on this issue I have resolved my problem. I used a combination of a Raptor adjustable line output converter along with LP 838 2 channel adjustable amplifier,and some harness changes. It took a few variations to make it work but here's the final configuration that worked perfectly for me. I left the 2 channel Can Am N Touch amplifier in place and rerouted its speaker output to the input of the adjustable line output converter. Next I ran the output of the converter to the input of my 2 channel adjustable amp. Any 2 channel amp would probably work as long as it has adjustable volume, bass, and treble controls. After that the output of the added 2 channel is run directly to the speakers. It works beautifully although I ended up having to place the amplifier inside the top case cause of the limited space housing the radio control and original amp though I did find space for the converter directly behind the Can Am N Touch amp.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 11-05-2023 at 05:05 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pappaG123 View Post
    Just bought a 2016 F3 limited, did the speaker upgrade, and have the same problem. For the rear speakers to function with any match to the front you have turn the volume up incredibly loud. By the way my dealer says they did perform the software upgrade and it did not fix this problem. If there is anyone out whom has found a fix please share. Thx
    I'm having the same issue on my 2016 Spyder F3 Limited. Mine isn't bluetooth equipped but does have the auxiliary hookup. I do have a Bluetooth dongle hooked up to play my music from my Galaxy Phone thru Spotify. But my rear speakers will not work. I have no balance or fade option as well. I have no issues with all 6 speakers in my car and my husband's Harley ('09) doesn't have an issue with all 4 speakers. IDK what else to do.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 11-05-2023 at 05:07 PM.

Spyder Garage

Just FYI .. this post is 6+ years old. Carry on

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mojammn View Post
    I'm having the same issue on my 2016 Spyder F3 Limited. Mine isn't bluetooth equipped but does have the auxiliary hookup. I do have a Bluetooth dongle hooked up to play my music from my Galaxy Phone thru Spotify. But my rear speakers will not work. I have no balance or fade option as well. I have no issues with all 6 speakers in my car and my husband's Harley ('09) doesn't have an issue with all 4 speakers. IDK what else to do.
    I just happened upon the post ..... I have a 14 RT and fixed the BAD sound issue with replacing all four speakers with JBL 2 OHM speakers .... 2 OHM is hard to find now but they do have 3 OHM models that would fit ..... I changed the rear 4" speakers with 5.25" size, the interior hole needs to be enlarged a little to do this (not difficult using a DREMEL or similar tool .... The OEM AMP works fine with lower OHM speakers ...mine is still OEM ..... Mike
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 11-05-2023 at 05:09 PM.

Spyder Garage

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue