Spyder Garage

Default Looking for a Non-Magnetic base antenna for Shark radio system with mini coax connect

8' to 10' cable. Most radio antenna's have magnetic base which is worthless on a tube frame F3's Spyder for reception. I've seen the Firestick antenna made for Harley & Honda but I would need an adaptor to convert the Firestick plug to mini Coax.

Would the Firestick antenna work with the Shark radio? Or suggestions for other Non-Magnetic base antenna that could be adapted to Shark mini Coax connector.
    Thanks,
    Darrell
    2015 F3's , two 12 volt power outlets Orange & Black

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wildrice View Post
    8' to 10' cable. Most radio antenna's have magnetic base which is worthless on a tube frame F3's Spyder for reception. I've seen the Firestick antenna made for Harley & Honda but I would need an adaptor to convert the Firestick plug to mini Coax.

Would the Firestick antenna work with the Shark radio? Or suggestions for other Non-Magnetic base antenna that could be adapted to Shark mini Coax connector.
    Thanks,
    Darrell
    You can't use the Shark Radio antenna? Do a Google search for marine or motorcycle fm antennas. The selection is boundless! If Shark doesn't use a standard antenna jack you'll need to find an adapter to use virtually any other antenna. If the cable isn't long enough you can buy an extension cable.

You most likely will need to make your own mounting hardware. Why not buy a Spyder specific antenna? They should be available as a replacement part for the BRP radio.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)