Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RLS Exhaust

Spyder Garage

Default RLS Exhaust

Has anyone tried an RLS Exhaust?

I looked at as many aftermarket exhausts that I could find. Was drooling over the Tailgunner, but that price will be for another day. I found RLS and bought two versions. They've been shipped, and I'll install this weekend hopefully. Give them a whirl, and will sell the one I don't use. Both ceramic coated. About $450 each. Made in Texas.

Twin Kaos:

20171105_141923_1024x1024.jpg

Torpedo:
    20171105_150813_1a30b9c3-3bd3-4f81-b0df-f62920a63c0f_1024x1024.jpg
    2015 RT Limited: Fox Shocks - RonJon swaybar and links - BRP Comfort Seat - BRP Triaxis handlebars - Yokohama tires (26psi fronts 28psi back) - Centramatic wheel balancers - BRP belt tensioner - BRP Short windshield - CATdelete/Spyder1 attitude exhaust - Lamonster footpegs - sintered brake pads - LED TRYCLED lights - BumpSkid

2015 RT Limited , black

Spyder Garage

Cool! I am waiting for his cat pipe to be ready! It will have a resonator in it which should give a deeper/mellower tone plus some back pressure without having to use a baffle insert...

Please let me know the quality of the materials and the Ceramic Coating (especially after it has seen some serious heat like after a hard run). I want mine with the Black Ceramic Coat as well....
    Last edited by hypurone; 01-03-2018 at 05:56 PM.

'15 F3-S Pure Magnesium Metallic - Mad Max Edition
    '15 Mclaren 650S Coupe - Aurora Blue

"You Were Really Flyin', When I Passed You Back There!"

Chuck
    2015 F3-S , Pure Magnesium Metallic/Steel Black Metallic

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default RLS EXHAUST

That exhaust is absolutely incredible and best of all it's made in Texas ...... Mike

Spyder Garage

Default RLS exhaust

I have !!! I have the punisher series on my RT .....I LOVE IT

I called Ricky(owner) and told him I wanted a rumble at idle , but not obnoxiously loud going down the road . He said this is the one I need. Got it , love at first sound, don't have a lot of miles on it yet ( snow in Iowa), but I love the way it sounds when it downshifts.

I know RLS EXhaust is trying to get in the Spyder world, so head to his website and check it out.
    RLsexhaust.com

Quality is great , great customer service, great sound

Eme
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Kredab; 01-03-2018 at 10:01 PM.

2016 RT-S Pearl White

BRP Driver Backrest
    Lamonster Spyderdock, (2) Spydercuffs
    Magic Mirror w/Doc Humphreys tethers
    (2) Rokform phone mounts
    FOBO
    SpyderPops Bumpskid,missing belt guard,Rear strobe LEDs
    Lamonster LED headlights & foglights
    Spyder Pockets
    LED front fender kit -running & turn signals
    Custom Back off mudflap
    Vinyl nameplate & 1330 triple decals by New Image Signs
    Custom RLS exhaust
    Hogtunes speakers 5 1/4 front and back
    Memphis Powersports Amp
    Her name is "Purl"
    2016 RT-S , white

SpyderLovers Sponsor scooterexpress's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tehrlich View Post
    Has anyone tried an RLS Exhaust?

I looked at as many aftermarket exhausts that I could find. Was drooling over the Tailgunner, but that price will be for another day. I found RLS and bought two versions. They've been shipped, and I'll install this weekend hopefully. Give them a whirl, and will sell the one I don't use. Both ceramic coated. About $450 each. Made in Texas.

Twin Kaos:

Torpedo:
    i'll let you have my tail gunner for 150.00 it's the widow maker model come on up to ft.worth to p.u. if your interested email me at jbooth9619@att.net

Tall flag mount, spyderpops skid plate & stainless steel screen mesh, airhawk adjustable cushion, raised white lettered tires.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    That exhaust is absolutely incredible and best of all it's made in Texas ...... Mike
    I'll push a lot of pressure through them. LOL JOKING!!!
    2015 RT Limited: Fox Shocks - RonJon swaybar and links - BRP Comfort Seat - BRP Triaxis handlebars - Yokohama tires (26psi fronts 28psi back) - Centramatic wheel balancers - BRP belt tensioner - BRP Short windshield - CATdelete/Spyder1 attitude exhaust - Lamonster footpegs - sintered brake pads - LED TRYCLED lights - BumpSkid

2015 RT Limited , black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Kredab View Post
    I have !!! I have the punisher series on my RT .....I LOVE IT

I called Ricky(owner) and told him I wanted a rumble at idle , but not obnoxiously loud going down the road . He said this is the one I need. Got it , love at first sound, don't have a lot of miles on it yet ( snow in Iowa), but I love the way it sounds when it downshifts.

I know RLS EXhaust is trying to get in the Spyder world, so head to his website and check it out.
    RLsexhaust.com

Quality is great , great customer service, great sound

Eme
    Yes, seems like a nice guy. Only communicated through email. Can't wait to try it out. Thanks for the input.

2015 RT Limited , black

Spyder Garage

Default RLS EXHAUST

Yes, seems like a nice guy. Only communicated through email. Can't wait to try it out. Thanks for the input.

I really like the way mine sounds, he also has a couple items in the works that are going to be amazing

tehrlich, Are you going to be at SpyderFest ? I would like to hear the way yours sound also, I will be there at least Friday,Saturday,Sunday.

Maybe we can hook up at some point, post pic when you have them on...

2016 RT-S Pearl White

BRP Driver Backrest
    (2) Rokform phone mounts
    FOBO
    Spyder Pockets
    Custom Back off mudflap
    Custom RLS exhaust
    Memphis Powersports Amp
    Her name is "Purl"
    2016 RT-S , white

Spyder Garage

Installed one of the RLS exhausts that I bought. It sounds GREAT but it is ridiculously loud. Very loud. Realy really loud.

My Spyder does not have the secondary muffler. It has the cat bypass pipe. This is the problem, I'm guessing.

I really like these exhausts. The build quality is great. They look great! They weigh a LOT less. Heck, both of them weigh less than the stock! I can't believe how much that thing weighs.

I put the stock exhaust back on with the cat delete. Sounds good, not great, but tolerable. I can ride through the neighborhood.

So, my question is: do you think it is worth while putting the secondary muffler back in place and try one of these again?

2015 RT Limited , black

Spyder Garage

This was on their website for the "Punisher" model for 2008 - 2012 models

"These custom-made exhausts are slim, sleek, and VERY loud"
    2008 GS SM5, Full Moon Silver
    2007 Piaggio MP3 - 250cc

Spyder Garage

So, my question is: do you think it is worth while putting the secondary muffler back in place and try one of these again?
    If you have all the components still, then why not? It would be worthwhile to see if it has "just the right sound" you are looking for. As for performance, it will be stronger down low and into the midrange due to recovering some back-pressure with the primary muffler/cat unit, then you might lose a little bit on the top end but I doubt you would even feel it.

Chuck

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldgoat View Post
    This was on their website for the "Punisher" model for 2008 - 2012 models

"These custom-made exhausts are slim, sleek, and VERY loud"
    Yes, but I didn't buy that one. I bought the two other versions that implied it wasn't that was louder, but "not extreme."

This all stainless steel exhaust made to fit your stock Catalytic converter

These custom-made exhausts are slim, sleek, and make the bike rumble They are louder but not extreme

this exhaust does not eliminate the catalytic converter
    Use your factory Clamp to reinstall

2015 RT Limited , black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hypurone View Post
    If you have all the components still, then why not? It would be worthwhile to see if it has "just the right sound" you are looking for. As for performance, it will be stronger down low and into the midrange due to recovering some back-pressure with the primary muffler/cat unit, then you might lose a little bit on the top end but I doubt you would even feel it.
    Agreed, but I really am not motivated to tackle that one spring that is so difficult to attach!

Plus, that muffler weighs a LOT. putting that weight back on is not appealing.

I'm confused on terms now. Is the cat/muffler the Primary or Secondary muffler? I've called it the secondary exhaust.

2015 RT Limited , black

Spyder Garage

Agreed, but I really am not motivated to tackle that one spring that is so difficult to attach!

Plus, that muffler weighs a LOT. putting that weight back on is not appealing.

I'm confused on terms now. Is the cat/muffler the Primary or Secondary muffler? I've called it the secondary exhaust.

That's a good question, I looked it up on the parts diagram, the cat is listed as the "primary muffler".
    I have the punisher RLS exhaust on mine with the (75 lbs)"primary muffler still on it, it has a nice rumble but sounds good at highway speeds

I know RLS EXHAUST is working on a replacement for the primary muffler(cat) that has a resonator built in to mellow the sound, he has told me they are in the testing phase, so there are Spyders running around with this new design.

2016 RT-S Pearl White

BRP Driver Backrest
    (2) Rokform phone mounts
    FOBO
    Spyder Pockets
    Custom Back off mudflap
    Custom RLS exhaust
    Memphis Powersports Amp
    Her name is "Purl"
    2016 RT-S , white

Spyder Garage

Default delete pipe/muffler

I did the muffler/cat/delete pipe shuffle about 20 times until I decided to weld a small flowmaster (10 I believe) into the delete pipe. With the voodoo exhaust its perfect to me. Loud, but not ridiculous. With the delete pipe alone, the voodoo made my ears bleed.

Spyder Garage

If you didn’t install a baffle in the cat delete pipe, Lamonster has one that fits and tones everything down a bit plus gives you a little back pressure which enhances performance! It’s an easy install!
    2016 RTL Bumpskid, swaybar, Elka shocks, cat bypass, TwoBrothers exhaust, Fobo tpm, GPS Toplock, Ultimate seat and backrest!
    2016 RTL , Pedal extender White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetwater View Post
    I did the muffler/cat/delete pipe shuffle about 20 times until I decided to weld a small flowmaster (10 I believe) into the delete pipe. With the voodoo exhaust its perfect to me. Loud, but not ridiculous. With the delete pipe alone, the voodoo made my ears bleed.
    Please explain..

2015 RT Limited , black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WRTFLYR View Post
    If you didn’t install a baffle in the cat delete pipe, Lamonster has one that fits and tones everything down a bit plus gives you a little back pressure which enhances performance! It’s an easy install!
    Yes, I have the "Big City" baffle, or whatever it is called.

My hunch is that the CAT (primary muffler !) needs to go back on and then retry.

2015 RT Limited , black

Spyder Garage

Default Muffler in delete pipe

What I’m saying about the pipe is I bought a flow master 10 muffler with an offset intake... cut out a section of the delete pipe that the muffler fit in, and welded the delete pipe ends back onto the muffler. Took some time to make a jig so it would all line up but it was easy and slipped right back in place. I LOVE it

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetwater View Post
    What I’m saying about the pipe is I bought a flow master 10 muffler with an offset intake... cut out a section of the delete pipe that the muffler fit in, and welded the delete pipe ends back onto the muffler. Took some time to make a jig so it would all line up but it was easy and slipped right back in place. I LOVE it
    Please explain..
    This is what I was referring to in my post above. Ricky is coming out with a unit that has a resonator/mini muffler in it. He said around the end of January but when I last talked with him, his supplier(s) for a component(s) is dragging their a$$!

Chuck

Spyder Garage

Made myself take all the exhaust off today. Put the primary muffler back on (cat,) and tried the RLS Twin Kaos exhaust again with it.

Ok... now it is a LOT better. Sounds awesome, and isn't too loud at a stop and idling. Very nice low tone rumble. Had to get my wife to approve. She didn't give it a second thought and went back inside. If it was too loud, she would've said so, right there!

Took it for a spin for about 20 miles... windy roads and highways.... slight crackle on deceleration.... a lot louder than my cat delete / stock exhaust combination, especially at 3500-4500 rpms.

I came to the realization that it is just too loud for me. I like to listen to talk radio and music with my Sena 20 and it was difficult with the decibel levels of this on the highway. I think if I was just doing short jaunts here and there and little highway, this could work.

Came home. Put the stock muffler back on with the stock primary muffler still in place. Took it for a spin on the same route. Yikes! I kind of liked how quiet it was! I've used the cat delete / stock muffler combination for about 18K miles and like it, but going back to full stock made the highway experience like glass.

Obviously, I don't know what I want! LOL. But, always fun trying. Might go with the Akropovic....

2015 RT Limited , black

Spyder Garage

Todd, I ride with a buddy with the stock cat/muffler and Akrapovic and he can and does listen to his factory radio and his bike does sound much better than my stock on stock '13.
    If RLS does make one that's a bit quieter I'll look there, I think they were at Spyders in the Ozarks and though they showed several combinations, my wife said no, too loud.
    It's tough to find that just right note....
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DGoebel View Post
    Todd, I ride with a buddy with the stock cat/muffler and Akrapovic and he can and does listen to his factory radio and his bike does sound much better than my stock on stock '13.
    If RLS does make one that's a bit quieter I'll look there, I think they were at Spyders in the Ozarks and though they showed several combinations, my wife said no, too loud.
    It's tough to find that just right note....
    Thanks!

The good things about going through all of these switcheroos are:
    1. I got a lot faster about switching them out. Using a spring hook is mandatory!
    2. Definitely have a better feel for the engine response for the different back pressures.
    3. Discovered that the phrase is now applying to me: "If it is too loud, you're too old!"

2015 RT Limited , black

Spyder Garage

Default RLS exhaust

[QUOTE=tehrlich;1326857]Has anyone tried an RLS Exhaust?

Twin Kaos: Some GOS have said good things about the ones they have had installed. RLS Exhaust will be a vendor at the Texas Spyders in the Hills rally Oct. 18-20, 2018. www.spydersinthehills.com

Torpedo:

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default RLS Cat Delete installed

Just installed their new Cat delete and I love the low rumble. Sounds louder on an F3 but on my RT it's just right. I'm keeping the OEM muffler as I don't see a dark Akrapovic version for my All Dark RT. Not loud at all just a nice rumble. My friend used paracord hooked to the springs and through a part of the frame or muffler bend to pull the springs loose or hook them back. (My friend has a full car lift so it was quite easy.

MpetfwDMSc6XFx%1978mpg.jpg
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red