Spyder Garage

Default Made a "BIG Mistake" - rode an F3 Limited!!!

I was riding around and my wife spied a Spyder in a driveway. SHE suggested I stop and SHE knocked on the door to get the owner. I had a great talk with Nick about Spyders, especially his 2016 red F3 Limited in the driveway. To my amazement, he offered to let me ride it!! After declining a couple of times, I finally accepted. WOW!!! What a blast! It felt fantastic. Now the "bad" news is that I was going to get an F3S, and then decided that an F3T upgrade might be worth it. But the Limited felt So fantastic, I don't know if I would want anything else. It was my first ride on a Spyder, so I still have some more test rides to do. But I think I am smitten by the Limited. I am deeply indebted to Nick for generously letting me ride his beautiful machine. The "good news" is that my wife suggested we stop, she admitted that even she got excited about the Spyder, and has probably accepted the fact that a Spyder is in my future.

Spyder Garage

Default When the Spyder Bites...

The affiction is usually long lasting after the Spyder Bytes! Good luck on your Spyder Adventure!
    2015 RT , OEM Black Gloss

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The hook has already been set, and you're as good as in the boat...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AeroPilot View Post
    The affiction is usually long lasting after the Spyder Bytes! Good luck on your Spyder Adventure!
    I put 15000 on my ST-limited since I got it last year and I still have that same feeling every day I ryde. One of the best things I ever did. You won't regret it. If you can afford it def get the limited. It's nice having all the extras

2015 ST Limited SE5 in Vegas White Serial Number 0162
    BRP Backrest, BRP Travel Bags, Larger break pedal
    Baha Ron Sway Bar & Links, SmoothSpyder Belt Tensioner
    BRP Trailer Hitch, 2011 Rt-622 Trailer (Pearl White)
    Laser Alignment -(wasn't needed???)
    IPS Holder, X-Grip Phone/ Cup Holder

New Orleans Westbank - Belle Chasse, La 70037
    Spyder Garage

Default Right - Your hooked ... but

... hey the F3s and F3t ride just as good. I'll admit the F3 Limited has more upgrades and extras you'll probably end up buying if you go with the F3s or F3t. (Not so much the F3t) but you have to do some homework and study what folks say on this forum about the different styles. You may have deeper pockets than me but I think anything worth buying at such a high price as these bikes are deserves comparison studies before you sign on the dotted line. Plus you need to know that Spyder maintenance and add-on accessories are quite expensive as well and I've been around the block a few times at age 71 and from what I've learned about any large ticket items and their levels of accessory extras is that the most expensive model is just a pile on of extras you can also purchase to put on the basic model and do it in more of a customized to your own personality design. Just my thoughts

Spyder Garage

Default Wow...!!

That is really amazing that he would let you test ryde it then and there...but as many have said.....test rydes are expensive...see...you have now moved to the top of the line F3....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

There are plenty of good deals out there on the F3-S some brand new. Shop around. Wait a year and you might find the same deals on F3 -T

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tazzel View Post
    There are plenty of good deals out there on the F3-S some brand new. Shop around. Wait a year and you might find the same deals on F3 -T
    I respectfully disagree...

Buy The Motorcycle.jpg

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    That is really amazing that he would let you test ryde it then and there...but as many have said.....test rydes are expensive...see...you have now moved to the top of the line F3....
    To be honest with you I am pretty generous with mine as well,, knowing me I would have done the same thing. There are several people who I have let drive mine with-out any Motorcycle experience at all, I ride on the back first and explain everything and they go around the block --- Then I get dropped off and off they go solo, its actually fun to watch there smile as they pull off and then pull back in.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'll bet that they always show back up, with the BIGGEST grins on their faces...

Spyder Garage

Default 37K

with almost 37,000 miles of smiles on my F3, i still can't get enough of it....
    ride on my friend....
    Dan P
    SPYD3R

Spyder Garage

Default Sounds like me

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    I'll bet that they always show back up, with the BIGGEST grins on their faces...
    I couldn't stop smiling when I returned from the ride!!!!

Spyder Garage

A test ride on a will do that to you.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Addictive

Not only that, but, the fountain of youth! Glorious! I'm thrilled with the effect these have!
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Default You are correct

Quote Originally Posted by jimmybarton View Post
    ... hey the F3s and F3t ride just as good. I'll admit the F3 Limited has more upgrades and extras you'll probably end up buying if you go with the F3s or F3t. (Not so much the F3t) but you have to do some homework and study what folks say on this forum about the different styles. You may have deeper pockets than me but I think anything worth buying at such a high price as these bikes are deserves comparison studies before you sign on the dotted line. Plus you need to know that Spyder maintenance and add-on accessories are quite expensive as well and I've been around the block a few times at age 71 and from what I've learned about any large ticket items and their levels of accessory extras is that the most expensive model is just a pile on of extras you can also purchase to put on the basic model and do it in more of a customized to your own personality design. Just my thoughts
    Jimmy,

After "cooling down" a bit, I have come to a similar conclusion. For the 2016's, the only two significant upgrades (in my mind, at least) with the Limited compared with the F3-T are the auto-adjusting rear shocks and the foot boards for the rider. There is also the sound system, but I rarely listen to music when I am riding my motorcycle and, if I do, I can use my phone and Bluetooth to my helmet. I am most concerned about any performance and mechanical advantages, and I really don't see any with the Limited. I am fine with manually adjusting the rear air shock on the F3-T. So, if the ride is the same, I am starting to set my sights on an F3-T and just adding the foot board as an accessory. There is more of an upgrade with the 2017's, in that the Limited has a passenger seat and top box, but that puts the price above that which I paid recently for a new SUV!! And it looks like the top box shortens the passenger seat. The 2017 F3-T does have a sound system, but, again, that's not a big deal for me.

So, presently, I am looking for a good deal on a 2016 F3-T. My two previous motorcycle purchases were used bikes, and I would consider that. But if I could get a killer deal on a new 2016 F3-T, that would be ideal.

Thanks,
    Wayne

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wvedec View Post
    Jimmy,

After "cooling down" a bit, I have come to a similar conclusion. For the 2016's, the only two significant upgrades (in my mind, at least) with the Limited compared with the F3-T are the auto-adjusting rear shocks and the foot boards for the rider. There is also the sound system, but I rarely listen to music when I am riding my motorcycle and, if I do, I can use my phone and Bluetooth to my helmet. I am most concerned about any performance and mechanical advantages, and I really don't see any with the Limited. I am fine with manually adjusting the rear air shock on the F3-T. So, if the ride is the same, I am starting to set my sights on an F3-T and just adding the foot board as an accessory. There is more of an upgrade with the 2017's, in that the Limited has a passenger seat and top box, but that puts the price above that which I paid recently for a new SUV!! And it looks like the top box shortens the passenger seat. The 2017 F3-T does have a sound system, but, again, that's not a big deal for me.

So, presently, I am looking for a good deal on a 2016 F3-T. My two previous motorcycle purchases were used bikes, and I would consider that. But if I could get a killer deal on a new 2016 F3-T, that would be ideal.

Thanks,
    Wayne
    Good thinking. I opted for the F3T instead of the Ltd because I didn't want so much chrome. And most other features that come with Ltd can be added to a T.

When you get one, don't forget to post and update and a pic!
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    Good thinking. I opted for the F3T instead of the Ltd because I didn't want so much chrome. And most other features that come with Ltd can be added to a T.

That is what I am in the process of doing. In fact, I am only missing the floor boards and extra chrome. I have added the heated grips, and radio. By going with a leftover 2016, I am saving about $6k over the sticker price. As for the floor boards, I will be adding Web boards (like I did on my RT), or making my own. Either way, I feel pretty good about my deal. Now, it needs to just be delivered.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    That is what I am in the process of doing. In fact, I am only missing the floor boards and extra chrome. I have added the heated grips, and radio. By going with a leftover 2016, I am saving about $6k over the sticker price. As for the floor boards, I will be adding Web boards (like I did on my RT), or making my own. Either way, I feel pretty good about my deal. Now, it needs to just be delivered.
    I specified the floor boards, heated grips and audio when I made the deal Also the extra painting on some of the body parts.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I specified the floor boards, heated grips and audio when I made the deal Also the extra painting on some of the body parts.
    I did that for the heated grips and audio, but I like the floor boards by Web Boards better than the stock ones. And it saved me a load of money. There is always the chance that someone will change out there oem boards for rip boards or something. If so, I might jump on them if the price is right. Nothing that I will worry about though.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Default Warning

Yeah You have been bit for sure. It is unstopable and incurable.
    Farkelitis will set in next, Consider yourself warned and WELCOME!!!!!!
    Ranman42

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wvedec View Post
    Jimmy,

Thanks,
    Wayne
    I've been doing the same research and understand the 16 F3 Limited has the same manual rear air suspension preload adjustments as the F3T?

Spyder Garage

Default F3t

I did the same thing. Added the vibration damper backrest and floor boards and I'm just ecstatic with the outcome.
    Monique,
    2016 F3t pearl white
    Ultimate driver back rest
    12v power outlet for batt. tender
    Doc Humphries' vibration damper
    factory floorboards
    added topcase