Thread: want a lift

Spyder Garage

Default want a lift

just going put this out there . im looking at lifts for my garage was wondering if anyone has this and what is best single post four post i want to save on storage it is costing 500 a year am staying in my present home for as long as possible lift should be paid for in about six years. am open to all opinions

Spyder Garage

Hi Harry, take a look at my thread " lifting my spyder above my head " I fitted a single post lift to get my F3 above my car as I have limited floor space in my garage. It may not be exactly what you are after but may give you some ideas

Spyder Garage

I used my Handy lift for years on the spyder but you still need a service jack to raise tires off the ground. I now use a J&S Jack with their spyder adapter and the even have a oil drain diverter to move oil away from the jack itself and into the pan.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2015 an Am Spyder RT Limited
    2013 Yamaha WR250R - Sold
    2011 Can Am Spyder RT-S SE5 Limited - Sold
    2011 Aspen Sentry Trailer
    2003 BMW K1200LT - Sold
    2007 Unigo Trailer - Sold
    2001 BMW K1200LT - Sold
    2001 Honda 750 NightHawk - sold
    2015 RT Ltd , Canamspyderaccessories Brake pedal ext. Red

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Lift for garage

You mentioned storage.....
    If that is your main reason for getting a hoist, go for a 4 post hoist, here's why
    If you have ceilings that are high enough the 4 post electric hoist is the way to go
    you can park your vehicle car or spyder on it and raise it up and then park another
    vehicle car, truck or other under it. If you used a single post hoist you can NOT park
    a car on it, so spend a few dollars more you will not be sorry,
    that is the best way to go and double your indoor parking.
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by harry1025 View Post
    just going put this out there . im looking at lifts for my garage was wondering if anyone has this and what is best single post four post i want to save on storage it is costing 500 a year am staying in my present home for as long as possible lift should be paid for in about six years. am open to all opinions
    Last edited by Motorcycledave; 10-12-2017 at 10:15 AM.

Spyder Garage

20151218_151821.jpg

We have been very pleased with the BendPak HD9-XW. Use it for Spyders all the time but its strong and large enough to handle my vette and Excursion just fine. I do highly recommend purchasing it through an authorized installer both for installation concerns and MUCH better warranty coverage. Full service delivery and installation turned out to only be about $300 more than drop ship from an internet vendor and I now have full service from the same equipment dealer that services all the lifts at the local ford dealer, NTB and a number of other shops in the area.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You need a lift?

You're an intelligent and gifted person, who makes very intelligent decisions. Your family and your pets all love you, and appreciate you being the center of their lives. You will also make countless others feel fortunate for knowing you!

How was that?
    Last edited by Bob Denman; 10-12-2017 at 04:58 PM.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default have been lifted

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    You need a lift?

You're an intelligent and gifted person, who makes very intelligent decisions. Your family and your pets all love you, and appreciate you being the center of their lives. You will also make countless others feel fortunate for knowing you!

How was that?
    thanks for the chuckle had nice ride to port dover today and now this how can it get any better

Spyder Garage

Default always a pleasure folks

thanks for the info and encouragement

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    You need a lift?

How was that?
    I have said a couple of times before, We need a laugh button along with thanks and like!
    2013 RT Limited.
    BajaRon Sway Bar.
    Refined Cycle's BPE2 brake pedal extension.
    Pedal Box
    2013 RT Limited , Refined Cycle BPE2 White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Motorcycledave View Post
    You mentioned storage.....
    If that is your main reason for getting a hoist, go for a 4 post hoist, here's why
    If you have ceilings that are high enough the 4 post electric hoist is the way to go
    you can park your vehicle car or spyder on it and raise it up and then park another
    vehicle car, truck or other under it. If you used a single post hoist you can NOT park
    a car on it, so spend a few dollars more you will not be sorry,
    that is the best way to go and double your indoor parking.
    Dave
    thanks dave purchased my 4 post lift today they are installing a week monday sales guy gave me an upgraded lift because of a show special and put in a set of aluminium ramps as well as the steel just have to have my garage door modified and should be good the manufacturer is only 15 minutes from home so any issues will be easily delt with again thanks

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    20151218_151821.jpg

We have been very pleased with the BendPak HD9-XW. Use it for Spyders all the time but its strong and large enough to handle my vette and Excursion just fine. I do highly recommend purchasing it through an authorized installer both for installation concerns and MUCH better warranty coverage. Full service delivery and installation turned out to only be about $300 more than drop ship from an internet vendor and I now have full service from the same equipment dealer that services all the lifts at the local ford dealer, NTB and a number of other shops in the area.
    having it installed they know how and can do it faster my dealer is only 15 minutes away