Spyder Garage

Default Shipping my Spyder RT

I need to have my Spyder shipped from Kentucky to Florida. Any bike shippers to reccomend as reliable?

Thanks,

Lynn 2014 Spyder RT

Very Active Member Buckeye Bleau's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerman View Post
    I need to have my Spyder shipped from Kentucky to Florida. Any bike shippers to reccomend as reliable?

Thanks,

Lynn 2014 Spyder RT
    i used uship.com to get mine from Florida to Ohio. I put it up for bid, looked at the reviews of everyone bidding the job, looked at their equipment, found the shipper I liked with a fair price and hired him. It cost me $400+ for the haul. Pick up was on time and delivery was on time in an enclosed trailer along with a small car bound for somewhere else.

One thing I liked was the haulers don't run the site, a bad review stays. You will pay uship.com and then get a pay code, once they deliver the goods, you give the driver the code then he gets paid. The one I used does insure the freight, but uship can sell it to you as well. It works well for everyone, they know the money is there, you know where they are at any time, and it just works.

Joe
    U.S. Army Viet Nam Era Vet
    2013 Spyder RT-L, Black Currant
    Trunk mount dual SS flag holder
    TricLed foam hand grips (awesome)
    Chromed Soaring Eagle License Holder
    Utopia Deluxe driver backrest
    LED fender lighting
    Fast Flash LED brake light
    Spyder Pops LED/skid plate

Spyder Garage

I also had my 2011 RTL shipped from Florida to Missouri using UShip. I was very happy with the results.
    MODS: Elka Shocks, ESI RT HMT Brake Light, ESI RT Brightsides, ESI Fender TIPS, ESI RIPS, ESI RT Day Runners, Grip Puppies
    AmerSeal Sealant, KewlMetal Kewlock, Scorpio I900 Security System, Stebel Nautilus air horn, KewlMetal Highway Brackets & ISO Wings
    Corbin seat, trunkrest & driver backrest, Capt.Jim's Belt Tensioner, SpyderPops LaBlock, Cat Shields, Bumpskid & Belt Guard
    Seal PUP Floorboards, BRP chrome, Ron's Anti-Sway Bar, Lamonster LED Head/Fog Lights & BRP Air Scoops
    2011 RTL , White

Spyder Garage

Default Shipping Spyder

Just be careful how they tie it down. It would not be hard to bend the front suspension if done incorrectly.

Spyder Garage

Default Well....

If it is your only choice it would seem that Uship is the one most mentioned. A google search for motorcycle transport will get you a few more to compare. Does seem like a nice trip if you could manage the time....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Uship is the way to go!

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerman View Post

Thanks,

Lynn 2014 Spyder RT
    Check with haulbikes.com. Their business is hauling motorcycles. They're a contract hauler for Harley Davidson.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

I also used Uship.com and was super pleased. My bike was shipped from Tampa area to Indiana.
    Love my Spyders
    2016 F3L Steel Black purchased 7/16/2016 Sold 3/11/2023 (22,500 mi)

2014 RTS Circuit Yellow purchased 3/2/2018

2020 RTL Petrol Blue purchased 1/27/2023

Girls on Spyders #3195

No more 2 wheels
    2020 RTL , Lamonster floor board riser Petrol Blue

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I used haul bikes once when I bought a scooter in NY state. They did fine on the delivery, but they use a hub and spoke method, with all bikes going back to MN first, then delivered when they have enough bikes going in one direction to justify the trip. It can take several weeks to get your bike depending on where it's going. Just be aware of that if you use them.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MisterP View Post
    I used haul bikes once when I bought a scooter in NY state. They did fine on the delivery, but they use a hub and spoke method, with all bikes going back to MN first, then delivered when they have enough bikes going in one direction to justify the trip. It can take several weeks to get your bike depending on where it's going. Just be aware of that if you use them.
    I could be wrong, but I think if the pickup and drop off are on the same truck route then it does not have to go to Milwaukee or York.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    I could be wrong, but I think if the pickup and drop off are on the same truck route then it does not have to go to Milwaukee or York.
    You may be right, that would be a logical way to do it. I posted what they told me when we were trying to find my scooter.