Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Default Drugs?

It's the same here at home in the USA keep the prescriptions in the original container, and the label had better be for you, not your friend's name. Supplements, well they have them in the markets in Canada also. A few days without your vitamins won't harm you, ( even though my wife thinks otherwise). Considering the traffic in pills, it's better to keep thing simple.
    Canada is a wonderful place to visit, eye watering scenery, and lot's of good people, just like home. Have a grand trip!

Spyder Garage

Default GR8 INFO

GR8 INFO....
    i'm heading to Nova Scotia, and never thought about this...
    Thx John...
    Dan P
    SPYD3R

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

i don't travel, but i was told either prescriptions or a letter from your doctor saying you take the medications

Spyder Garage

It is probably best to keep the pills in the original bottles for the duration of the trip. What happens will be determined by the people at the border crossings at that day and that time.

I have mentioned this before, but will again. Spouse and I were crossing from Skagway into Canada. Each on our own ,s. She rolled ahead before being asked. She got the full treatment. They went through all her saddlebags and trunk. Me, they just waved through. And I was carrying the prescriptions.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default THANKS!

Thanks gang! Better to be safe than sorry. I'll carry all my drugs in their original containers.
    2020 F3 Ltd

Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Brake/Run/Turn Signal LED's
    Lamonster Garage LED Fog Lights and Headlights
    2013 ST-S retired 1/9/16 at 25,061 miles
    2015 F3S sold at 77,565 miles.
    2015 F3-S , BajaRon Plugs Can-Am Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Last night I went through the process of sorting my meds into little zip-lock bags for each day. But I'll also bring my collection of bottles, in case I have to prove what they are. I take six in the morning and four at night, so just using the bottles is cumbersome. So I like to pre-sort them.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    Last night I went through the process of sorting my meds into little zip-lock bags for each day. But I'll also bring my collection of bottles, in case I have to prove what they are. I take six in the morning and four at night, so just using the bottles is cumbersome. So I like to pre-sort them.
    Similar here. 12 in the AM and 4 PM. Lots and lots of bottles.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I would put them back in the bottles. A little extra time to take them out of the bottles when needed, may save you alot of headache if you are randomly searched. Besides, showing them the empty bottles doesn't mean that is what is in the baggies, and trust me, they don't like taking the time to explain things.

2014 Can Am Spyder RT Limited - Pearl White
    2010 Can Am Spyder RT - Full Moon

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

To be safe, just in case you are unlucky enough to be scrutinized, put them back in the bottles. Rules are rules. See my post above. If the customs folks want to ignore them you're safe, but if they want to enforce the rules, you could be SOL.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JKMSPYDER View Post
    Thanks gang! Better to be safe than sorry. I'll carry all my drugs in their original containers.
    A wise choice...
    Now: go have a memorable trip!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Drug

Quote Originally Posted by MercerLake View Post
    It's the same here at home in the USA keep the prescriptions in the original container, and the label had better be for you, not your friend's name. Supplements, well they have them in the markets in Canada also. A few days without your vitamins won't harm you, ( even though my wife thinks otherwise). Considering the traffic in pills, it's better to keep thing simple.
    Canada is a wonderful place to visit, eye watering scenery, and lot's of good people, just like home. Have a grand trip!
    You are right