Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default wider tire !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetwater View Post
    The rear tire is original with 12,000 miles on it. Still on a quest for a slightly wider car tire that'll fit.
    The Kenda un-fortunately must have 28 or so psi for it to be stable ...... As far as the want / need for a wider tire. In real world testing , a Hayabusa would benefit from it .....but not your Spyder ...... But if your really Hot for a wider tire it's going to cost you Big Bucks ..... You will need the following custom parts, a wider swing arm, a wider wheel and all the associated parts , plus the chain drive conversion and of course the Wider tire. $ 3000.00 or should get that for you ....... jmho ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

I don’t think that’s in the cards. I was just looking to step up one width or so when replacing, provided there is clearance.

Spyder Garage

The rear tire is original with 12,000 miles on it. Still on a quest for a slightly wider car tire that'll fit.
    A word of caution about that. If you widen the tire to something like a 235 or 245. the cross section width increases and you will be "squeezing" it on to the rim more. This pulls the sidewalls inward and bows the center of the tire upward/outward in the middle, which can actually REDUCE traction! Something with a grippier compound would be a better choice and is what I am trying to find for my next change. The OE tire is an H rated and I am running the Kuhmo Ecsta AST which is also H rated. Was able to overcome both tires traction limits easily even before the flash. Something in a V or Z or higher would be built with grippier compounds to handle higher speed operation. But the choices are slim to none. You can find V and Z rated tires in a 215/60-15 which is actually narrower but might be worth the trade-off for higher grip....

I am running my tire at 16 right now and am prob gonna drop it to 15 or 14 and test it.

'15 F3-S Pure Magnesium Metallic - Mad Max Edition
    '15 Mclaren 650S Coupe - Aurora Blue

"You Were Really Flyin', When I Passed You Back There!"

Chuck
    2015 F3-S , Pure Magnesium Metallic/Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

I wish he said something, I woulda waited. I sent mine to Canada. How will we know it’s available? Do you know where in the US?
    Sending mine here next week

1725D N Hearne Ave
    Shreveport, LA 71107
    2015 F3-S , Circuit Yellow Metallic

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default wider tires

Quote Originally Posted by hypurone View Post
    A word of caution about that. If you widen the tire to something like a 235 or 245. the cross section width increases and you will be "squeezing" it on to the rim more. This pulls the sidewalls inward and bows the center of the tire upward/outward in the middle, which can actually REDUCE traction! Something with a grippier compound would be a better choice and is what I am trying to find for my next change. The OE tire is an H rated and I am running the Kuhmo Ecsta AST which is also H rated. Was able to overcome both tires traction limits easily even before the flash. Something in a V or Z or higher would be built with grippier compounds to handle higher speed operation. But the choices are slim to none. You can find V and Z rated tires in a 215/60-15 which is actually narrower but might be worth the trade-off for higher grip....

I am running my tire at 16 right now and am prob gonna drop it to 15 or 14 and test it.
    .... and you need to consider if there is enough room because of the inside width of the Swing-arm ....... I think a wider tire might rub .......... and your only benefit from a wider tire is going to be " LOOKS " ... The Spyder is not a Hayabusa , which might benefit from a wider tire( but not much either ) ......... Mike

Spyder Garage

Default confused

I just got my F3s last August and am contemplating pipe and ecu flash. I have no idea what to expect as my bike doesnt seem to be sluggish at all from a stop as many have complained here. I have trouble NOT spinning the tire if I do more than casual acceleration. Bike is a 2015 leftover from the dealers floor, maybe a few test rides as it had 75 miles on it but no changes as far as I know. Is there a fuel curve difference with the manual transmission. When I see problems people are having with the reflash I think I should wait, but more power and better driveability is always a plus. Any comments appreciated.

Spyder Garage

Default ECU flash

Quote Originally Posted by Thrashb12 View Post
    I just got my F3s last August and am contemplating pipe and ecu flash. I have no idea what to expect as my bike doesnt seem to be sluggish at all from a stop as many have complained here. I have trouble NOT spinning the tire if I do more than casual acceleration. Bike is a 2015 leftover from the dealers floor, maybe a few test rides as it had 75 miles on it but no changes as far as I know. Is there a fuel curve difference with the manual transmission. When I see problems people are having with the reflash I think I should wait, but more power and better driveability is always a plus. Any comments appreciated.
    I have also 2015 F3 (SM6) and 79T rear sprocket. Before the flash, I had also good off the line acceleration and solid pull in the lower rpm range. I was not satisfied with the bike`s performance in the higher rpm range where my Spyder felt lazy. After the flash, it has awesome acceleration from 5000-8600 rpm and also increases in lower range. It is really fun to ride it now. The throttle response is much better and for me, it worked really well. That is my experience with the flash.

Allan

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Thrashb12 View Post
    Mine is exactly the same as you describe. I was looking to the flash to fix how it dropped off at higher vehicle speeds and in 6th gear pretty much anytime....

Quote Originally Posted by AllanSpyder View Post
    I have also 2015 F3 (SM6) and 79T rear sprocket. Before the flash, I had also good off the line acceleration and solid pull in the lower rpm range. I was not satisfied with the bike`s performance in the higher rpm range where my Spyder felt lazy. After the flash, it has awesome acceleration from 5000-8600 rpm and also increases in lower range. It is really fun to ride it now. The throttle response is much better and for me, it worked really well. That is my experience with the flash.

Allan
    This was what I was after when I started this... Just sent mine back again to attempt to get what I was supposed to get! Steve has supposedly reworked everything with the 89t setup in mind. We'll see in a few days... The difference here is that you have a 79t sprocket and I have the 89t. In the beginning the flash was developed from data supplied by Dennis on his RT with the 79t and the results were stellar. Not so much when that flash was then applied to an 89t ryde! Which is where I am right now....

Chuck

Spyder Garage

This was what I was after when I started this... Just sent mine back again to attempt to get what I was supposed to get! Steve has supposedly reworked everything with the 89t setup in mind. We'll see in a few days... The difference here is that you have a 79t sprocket and I have the 89t. In the beginning the flash was developed from data supplied by Dennis on his RT with the 79t and the results were stellar. Not so much when that flash was then applied to an 89t ryde! Which is where I am right now....
    I hope that the new 89t flash setup will give better results and performance for your F3.

Allan

Spyder Garage

So it seems the guys from North America might want to wait until the re-flash tune is worked with a little more to be better developed for our 89 tooth rear sprockets.
    2015 Spyder F3-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by z_light11 View Post
    So it seems the guys from North America might want to wait until the re-flash tune is worked with a little more to be better developed for our 89 tooth rear sprockets.
    Well, I was an early adopter and that seems to have bitten me. There are a few others that have done it way more recently than I and have reported good results. Steve swears to me that he has it sorted out, and can even modify how much I have to twist my wrist so I can get to the fun stuff sooner! He said that there will be even more made available later on when he starts tuning with a donor F3 Daytona with an 89t. Supposedly going to be able to crack open the speed limiter and will be building the flash using a dyno/EGA setup!

Remember, you can do the flash anytime AND then if you want you can send it back for FREE updates. Which is what I am doing now as I don't want to wait any longer (he won't be doing the Daytona tuning until April/May) and I ride pretty much year round here. So I figured I would do it while I'm laid up from surgery....

Chuck

Spyder Garage

Finally got the Spyder back together. Gassed it up with 91 octane non ethanol fuel. Very responsive especially in high higher rpms. 0-100 mph very smooth without flat spots above 4000 rpm. Less popping during deceleration. Power fades out above 7000 rpm in 6th. It’s hitting a little north of 110mph at that point. I won’t see that too often unless I’m running away from Tornadoes, lol! Overall I’m impressed with the present tuning. Steve said he is working on the upper rpm power issue and speed limiter and should have something shortly.
    For inquiring minds I’m running a K&N air filter, primary muffler bypass without a baffle and Akropovic Sinister silencer.
    2015 F3-S , Circuit Yellow Metallic

Spyder Garage

For anyone following my journey with the Monster Fuel Flash I have mentioned here and other places on the forum, I would like to report that I have just completed a 160 mile thrashing of my recently re-flashed ECU from Steve. It is finally the way it should have been from the start of this endeavor. It runs like a machine possessed! I had him tweak the throttle control settings and now I don't have to twist as far to get thru the range to WOT. 'Tis a thing of beauty! The throttle feels like it used to on my motorcycles. Crisp, reduced rotation needed and much more sensitive/responsive. This flash works very well!

Now it's all shenanigans all the time!

For those on the fence about the flash this should remove any doubts I hope....

Chuck

Spyder Garage

I am glad to hear that your ECU re-flash was finally successful. Did you also raised the rev limiter to 8600 rpm or left it to 8100?

Enjoy your new alive Spyder! I miss the shenanigans with my mean machine, but only 4 weeks to go and then I am back on the road

Allan

For anyone following my journey with the Monster Fuel Flash I have mentioned here and other places on the forum, I would like to report that I have just completed a 160 mile thrashing of my recently re-flashed ECU from Steve. It is finally the way it should have been from the start of this endeavor. It runs like a machine possessed! I had him tweak the throttle control settings and now I don't have to twist as far to get thru the range to WOT. 'Tis a thing of beauty! The throttle feels like it used to on my motorcycles. Crisp, reduced rotation needed and much more sensitive/responsive. This flash works very well!

Spyder Garage

Default Best method to ship ECU to Monster Fuel in Canada

May want to google Wick-It.com here in the states. They are the Monster Fuel reps here in the states.

Dray

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AllanSpyder View Post
    I am glad to hear that your ECU re-flash was finally successful. Did you also raised the rev limiter to 8600 rpm or left it to 8100?

Enjoy your new alive Spyder! I miss the shenanigans with my mean machine, but only 4 weeks to go and then I am back on the road

Allan
    Ya know, I don't even remember at this point. I had been ironing out the details of the throttle and other specifics with him that it completely slipped my mind. But it is a moot point at this stage since it pulls the way it does! I don't see the need for the additional 500 rpm to be honest!

Chuck

Spyder Garage

Do you know where in NC? I live in NC......

I looked in my emails and he said there is one in Louisiana and North Carolina but I don't have the addresses. Just call him and get them and give him a heads up that you are sending it back to make sure that whatever place you send it knows it is for a "re-program" and is supposed to be no cost.....

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NVERLAST1 View Post
    Do you know where in NC? I live in NC......
    I found an old email where he stated New Bern... but no address was given or the company name... I only have complete info for Louisiana....

Chuck

Spyder Garage

For those of us Google challenged >>>

https://wick-itperformance.com/

Spyder Garage

The site has 3 options, Can Am gen 1, Can Am gen 2, and Can Am Spyder, What is the difference?
    https://wick-itperformance.com/shop?...fuel-injection
    Last edited by AY4B; 06-14-2018 at 07:31 PM.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AY4B View Post
    The site has 3 options, Can Am gen 1, Can Am gen 2, and Can Am Spyder, What is the difference?
    https://wick-itperformance.com/shop?...fuel-injection
    We would only use the Spyder option, the others are for other Can-Am products (side bys, etc)
    If you click on the Spyder graphic placeholder you'll see what they're modding.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Mine is a 2018 RTL ,you say tweak the throttle ,now you do not have to twist as far .Can the dealer do this ,as of now you need to grab the throttle twice to get to the end .
    2018 RTL , dark blue