Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

I still get a good laugh when I have the mirror shield closed and I see people giving me the "what the is that??? " look.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Top Ten Reasons Why Harley Riders Don't Wave Back
    10. Afraid it will invalidate warranty.
    9. Leather and studs make it too heavy to raise arm.
    8. Refuse to wave to anyone whose bike is already paid for.
    7. Afraid to let go of handlebars because they might vibrate off.
    6. Rushing wind would blow scabs off the new tattoos.
    5. Angry because they just took out second mortgage to pay luxury tax on new Harley.
    4. Just discovered the fine print in owner's manual and realized H-D is partially owned by Honda.
    3. Can't tell if other riders are waving or just reaching to cover their ears like everyone else.
    2. Remembers the last time a Harley rider waved back, he impaled his hand on spiked helmet.
    1. They're too tired from spending hours polishing all that chrome to lift their arms.

Top Ten Reasons Why Gold Wing Riders Don't Wave Back

10. Wasn't sure whether other rider was waving or making an obscene gesture.
    9. Afraid might get frostbite if hand is removed from heated grip.
    8. Has arthritis and the past 400 miles have made it difficult to raise arm.
    7. Reflection from etched windshield momentarily blinded him.
    6. The espresso machine just finished.
    5. Was actually asleep when other rider waved.
    4. Was in a three-way conference call with stockbroker and accessories dealer.
    3. Was distracted by odd shaped blip on radar screen.
    2. Was simultaneously adjusting the air suspension, seat height, programmable CD player, seat temperature and satellite navigation system.
    1. Couldn't find the "auto wave back" button on dashboard.

Top 10 Reasons Sport bikers Don't Wave:

10. They have not been riding long enough to know they're supposed to.
    9. They're going too fast to have time enough to register the movement and respond.
    8. You weren't wearing bright enough gear.
    7. If they stick their arm out going that fast they'll rip it out of the socket.
    6. They're too occupied with trying to get rid of their chicken strips.
    5. They look way too cool with both hands on the bars or they don't want to unbalance themselves while standing on the tank.
    4. Their skin tight-Kevlar-ballistic-nylon-kangaroo-leather suits prevent any position other than fetal.
    3. Raising an arm allows bugs into the armholes of their tank tops.
    2. It's too hard to do one-handed stoppies.
    1. They were too busy slipping their flip-flop back on.

Top Ten Reasons Why BMW Riders Don't Wave Back

10. New Aerostich suit too stiff to raise arm.
    9. Removing a hand from the bars is considered "bad form."
    8. Your bike isn't weird enough looking to justify acknowledgment.
    7. Too sore from an 800-mile day on a stock "comfort" seat.
    6. Too busy programming the GPS, monitoring radar, listening to ipod, XM, or talking on the cell phone.
    5. He's an Iron Butt rider and you're not!.
    4. Wires from Gerbings is too short.
    3. You're not riding the "right kind" of BMW.
    2. You haven't been properly introduced.
    1. Afraid it will be misinterpreted as a friendly gesture.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5. Angry because they just took out second mortgage to pay luxury tax on new Harley.
    4. Just discovered the fine print in owner's manual and realized H-D is partially owned by Honda.
    3. Can't tell if other riders are waving or just reaching to cover their ears like everyone else.
    2. Remembers the last time a Harley rider waved back, he impaled his hand on spiked helmet.
    1. They're too tired from spending hours polishing all that chrome to lift their arms.

2. Was simultaneously adjusting the air suspension, seat height, programmable CD player, seat temperature and satellite navigation system.

9. They're going too fast to have time enough to register the movement and respond.
    7. If they stick their arm out going that fast they'll rip it out of the socket.
    5. They look way too cool with both hands on the bars or they don't want to unbalance themselves while standing on the tank.
    4. Their skin tight-Kevlar-ballistic-nylon-kangaroo-leather suits prevent any position other than fetal.

6. Too busy programming the GPS, monitoring radar, listening to ipod, XM, or talking on the cell phone.
    So Bob, where is the list for the spyder riders ?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'll try to work on one...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Okay; Group effort:
    Top Ten reasons that Spyder Riders don't wave:
    10. They're too busy watching the windshield move up and down on their RT to notice you.
    Who else has one?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

7. They are smiling from ear to ear and they didn't see you through their partially closed eyes.
    Last edited by SpyderWolf; 05-13-2013 at 07:37 AM. Reason: Forgot to put a number. LOL

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Group Effort

9. Trying to figure out what the the code is that the Spyder just threw at you !!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

8. Can't wave because both hands are gripping the Spyder's bars too tight in a turn.

(Seriously... that's nearly the main reason why I don't always wave. In a corner both my hands are far busier on the Spyder than on two wheels. Safety first!).

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I'm usually back in the pack on group rides and watch what happens as the group passes other groups on the ride. Harley groups passing tend to see me with my face shield up a huge wide smile on my face and one hand waving like a fool. For me that's just fun as hell

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

6. They are busy trying to find a better song selection on their stereo, making sure their camera is recording, messing with LED light settings, and repositioning their mirrors.
    Last edited by SpyderWolf; 05-13-2013 at 07:37 AM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default The truth remains

when everyone gets finished it will remain a fact that a hundred years from now no will even notice or care!

I plan on doing the friendly rider thing even if it don't make the other guys day.

Spyder Garage

I figure that all riders start somewhere in the bike world. I started riding motorcycles on a friend's Honda 50. What a blast that was. What fun little bike.

So, when I'm riding, I wave to everyone, if I see them. Even the folks on scooters if that's all they can afford. I figure one day they may upgrade to a motorcycle.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

5. They just know that if they move their left hand; they'll never be able to find the:
    Turnsignals, paddle shifters, horn, reverse button, windshield-height adjustments, volume control, mode and set buttons again!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

4. Head in the clouds trying to figure the next farkle to buy.
    3. According to popular belief all Spyder riders are over 60 so arthritis won't allow us to pick up our arms.
    2. We're afraid our concealed weapon might show.

1. We just don't give a flip if you wave or not.

Spyder Garage

Default Ouch!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    5. They just know that if they move their left hand; they'll never be able to find the:
    Turnsignals, paddle shifters, horn, reverse button, windshield-height adjustments, volume control, mode and set buttons again!
    As a new owner...this one hit a little close to home!

we might add..
    "They're to busy squinting at the the little rectangle trying to figure out what gear they're in!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by serf View Post
    I will say that most the people that don't wave are on Harleys, but a lot of Harleys still wave. For the most part around here the no helmet crowd also happens to ride Harleys, but in Indiana you see less people wearing a helmet than people who wear helmets.

I will be honest. I return waves but seldom initiate.
    I live an hour south of Milwaukee, the innner "sactum" of Harleyism. Most Harley riders don't wave or acknowledge me, heck, a lot of Harley riders don't wave or acknolwdge anyone, even other Harley riders. It's just not something I bother thinking about. If someone gives me the low wave I respond, but I don't initiate anything, unless it's a felllow Spyder rider, they get a thumbs up!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default More reasons why Spyder riders don't wave back

-They're too busy cursing the nanny for cutting in at just the wrong time.
    -They're new to their Spyder and are holding on too tightly.
    -You don't have enough wheels.
    -Too distracted by the heat pouring over their right leg.
    -Having too much fun with their Bajaron/Elka equipped suspension to take time to wave.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default and the #1 reason---

spyder ryders don't wave back is: they're trying to get home in limp mode and are too busy looking at the dash, and they didn't notice ya!!!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

just remember, its the ryde that counts.... there will always be some bumps....

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default The biker's "CODE" of friendly hello's? NOT today!!!!

I'm not the first to wave I usually wait and see if I get one and I always return the wave if I do. I have to say 90% of bikers wave the Spyder.

Notice how if two Spyders pass each other it's like a celebration on the highway much more than just a wave

On the age thing it's true many of us are older or as BRP likes to say " refined riders". I'm 46 I'm getting there but no problems yet, feel good, feel young and can easily be on two wheels if I wanted. This is my first bike and I knew what I wanted as soon as I saw the Spyder for the first time. In fact I would not be riding at all if it wasn't for the Spyder this was the only thing that made me excited about riding.

I get all good comments and questions just like the rest of us but notice its always from non riders. I just not have come across any bikers at any stops yet exempt gas stations or maybe a diner but all keep to ourselves. I take that back at a bike dealership I parked next to a two wheeler, when I left and got to my bike the 2wheeler 2up was gearing up to go and was eyeing the Spyder, he said nice bike, Rotax also makes engines for Jets he seemed impressed. I appreciated the comments and I learned something new, if true.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Does this list work for everybody?

10. They're too busy watching the windshield move up and down on their RT to notice you.
    9. Trying to figure out what the the code is that the Spyder just threw at you !!!
    8. Can't wave because both hands are gripping the Spyder's bars too tight in a turn.
    7. They are smiling from ear to ear and they didn't see you through their partially closed eyes.
    6. They are busy trying to find a better song selection on their stereo, making sure their camera is recording, messing with LED light settings,
    and repositioning their mirrors.
    4. Head in the clouds trying to figure the next farkle to buy.
    3. According to popular belief all Spyder riders are over 60 so arthritis won't allow us to pick up our arms.
    2.They're too busy cursing the nanny for cutting in at just the wrong time.
    1. Having too much fun with their Bajaron/Elka equipped suspension to take time to wave.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

That looks like a good list to me.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Wave, wave, wave. There are the 1%ers' out there that don't wave, so what ! Harley riders, helmetless Harley riders, Goldwing riders, Goldwing snobs, ect. ect. I have seen them all on the roads I have traveled. I have been helped by the 1% crowd & snubed by them also. The same with the Goldwing crowd. I have never had a bike pass me up when I needed help, no matter what they rode (even the HELMETLESS HARLEY RIDERS). iF IT BOTHERS YA THAT MUCH JUST DON'T WAVE AT ANYONE. We will just laugh at ya anyway.----Budro

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I get all good comments and questions just like the rest of us but notice its always from non riders. I just not have come across any bikers at any stops yet exempt gas stations or maybe a diner but all keep to ourselves. I take that back at a bike dealership I parked next to a two wheeler, when I left and got to my bike the 2wheeler 2up was gearing up to go and was eyeing the Spyder, he said nice bike, Rotax also makes engines for Jets he seemed impressed. I appreciated the comments and I learned something new, if true.

Try walkin' over & say hello, nice bike.
    "you meet the nicest people on a motorcycle"
    Last edited by budro; 05-13-2013 at 12:02 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderWolf View Post
    That looks like a good list to me.
    Here's the final updated list; with an extra portion added for dual-purpose bikes just for fun!

Top Ten Reasons Why Dual Sport Riders Don't Wave Back
    10. Vibration of knobby tires prevented the rider from taking his hand off the bars.
    9. MX style safety gear was too bright to see you wave.
    8. His front fender prevents you seeing him wave back.
    7. Was too busy configuring his GPS/Enduro Roll/FishFinder.
    6. His rain/wind/thorn/bug/bird proof thousand-dollar jacket won't allow it.
    5. Was too busy re-arranging his 500 pounds of soft-sided luggage.
    4. Doesn't recognize a wave in any language other than German.
    3. Too busy splitting lanes/filtering through traffic.
    2. One handed wheelies are not easy.
    1. On single-track trails you stop, not wave.

6. They are busy trying to find a better song selection on their stereo, making sure their camera is recording, messing with LED light settings,
    and repositioning their mirrors.
    4. Head in the clouds; trying to figure the next farkle to buy.
    3. According to popular belief; all Spyder riders are over 60, so arthritis won't allow us to pick up our arms.
    2.They're too busy cursing the Nanny for cutting in at just the wrong time.
    1. Having too much fun with their Bajaron/Elka equipped suspension to take time to wave.