Spyder Garage

Default IPOD or MP3 player for RT LTD

Hi, I ordered a cable to plug into the rear trunk so I can plug an IPOD or MP3 player in. Any reccomendations which way to go?
    Thanks, Mike
    2014 RT Limited Matte Silver, Belt Guard, RT Dash Mount, Show Chrome Can-Am Spyder RT Passenger Arm Rest, Show Chrome Full Size Brake Pedal,Best shop manual, Spyder keycover with hole, Utopia drivers backrest, Showchrome trailor hitch, ShowChrome Acc Trailer Acc Rack, 2014 CA Spyder RT-RTS Master Collection-HDSv5, Airhawk Cushion, Spyderpops bumpskid, Ipod cable, Led lights, Driver Hiway pegs, Shorty Antenna, Pin Striping, ECU flash, TriAx adjustible handlebars,
    Will it ever stop--NO

Spyder Garage

iPod for sure.
    an supported iPod will show on the dash and you can see song titles, albums, etc and control it all.
    With a MP3 player all you see is the word AUX and can only skip forward or back one song at a time.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Very Active Member BoilerAnimal's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Will an iPhone work the same way?
    On the road again...........and forever young!

2013 RT-S SE 5

Yesterday is a cancelled check.
    Tomorrow is a promissory note.
    Today is cash.......spend it wisely.

Spyder Garage

My understanding is (using the appropriate cable) the iPod interface is fully integrated into the audio system but not the MP3 player input. I have the 3.5mm adapter and it works fine for MP3 on the Aux input mode but you can only control the volume and not the songs/playlist.

I have ordered a Bluetooth transceiver from Amazon so I can play from my Android phone through the Aux input wirelessly. I am hoping I can control my music directly from my phone without having to go into the rear storage to change it. I have not tested it on the road but I hope to have it this week.

Anyone else used this setup?

Spyder Garage

Default Yes

Yes, it's a great way to repurpose and old iPhone as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BoilerAnimal View Post
    Will an iPhone work the same way?
    2022 RT Limited Dark Hyper Silver
    2014 RT-S Pearl White
    2010 BRP 622 Trailer Pearl White

Very Active Member BoilerAnimal's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thanks, looks like I'll have to load some music now!
    On the road again...........and forever young!

2013 RT-S SE 5

Yesterday is a cancelled check.
    Tomorrow is a promissory note.
    Today is cash.......spend it wisely.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by KLo5591 View Post
    My understanding is (using the appropriate cable) the iPod interface is fully integrated into the audio system but not the MP3 player input. I have the 3.5mm adapter and it works fine for MP3 on the Aux input mode but you can only control the volume and not the songs/playlist.

I have ordered a Bluetooth transceiver from Amazon so I can play from my Android phone through the Aux input wirelessly. I am hoping I can control my music directly from my phone without having to go into the rear storage to change it. I have not tested it on the road but I hope to have it this week.

Anyone else used this setup?
    Yes and it doesnt work lol. At least not with the iphone. On Our F3L it did allow the volume function, but only that, with the bluetooth setup. I was hoping to go wireless And wanted to retain the full functions. I bought a usb bluetooth unit hoping the bluetooth would transfer all the functions because thats the input we plug the iphone into when we use a cord, but no go. And i have seen the 3.5 jack input does the same thing.
    It will play the music if thats all you want, but you cant change the songs. Volume is all you can control.
    Last edited by Slowpoke387; 06-19-2017 at 08:26 PM.

Spyder Garage

With so many versions of IPOD out there, any suggestions/benefits with different models? I would still need to get the IPOD cable.Thanks, Mike
    2014 RT Limited Matte Silver, Belt Guard, RT Dash Mount, Show Chrome Can-Am Spyder RT Passenger Arm Rest, Show Chrome Full Size Brake Pedal,Best shop manual, Spyder keycover with hole, Utopia drivers backrest, Showchrome trailor hitch, ShowChrome Acc Trailer Acc Rack, 2014 CA Spyder RT-RTS Master Collection-HDSv5, Airhawk Cushion, Spyderpops bumpskid, Ipod cable, Led lights, Driver Hiway pegs, Shorty Antenna, Pin Striping, ECU flash, TriAx adjustible handlebars,
    Will it ever stop--NO

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

The iPod to get is a Classic with a fair size disk space in it. You must get an iPod with the wide connector cable and not the newer "Lightning" connector. Currently you can buy a Classic on Ebay with 160 Gb of space for about $200. If you don't need that much space you can get a Nano for about $30.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If the IPod that you choose doesn't have the older style connecter: just get the adapter from Apple for it!
    (DON'T buy an aftermarket adapter...)
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The newer IPODs will not work on the Spyder? You have to get the classic for it to work with your handlebar controls?

Spyder Garage

I like the iPod touch 3rd gen. It has a screen like an iPhone and you can load other APPS on it and use it for other things if you like.

No Apple adapter needed as it's the larger plug.

They are a DIME A DOZEN on Ebay.
    Depending on how much music you have, you can get a 8GB for cheap. I have a 64 GB and it's not even 1/2 full yet.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odk...en+64&_sacat=0

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

Ipod 80GB Classic, enough music for a 3 day 1700+ mile ride without repeats if you have the songs....
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Do any IPOD come with a FM tuner. My favorite station is FM 87.7 which is an oldies station here and it is just below the normal FM range and the Spyder does not go that low. Also the signal is not to strong. Or does anyone have any ideas how to get the station on the bike. WE are retired now so we will be spending more time on the bike. Thanks, Mike
    Will it ever stop--NO

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I think that an awful lot of them do.
    My little Nano (8 GB) has one!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I have an old nano 2nd gen that doesn't work so well or I don't know how to use it, alot of the time it comes up saying "“Do not disconnect” when I plug it into my car and it is locked up. Also I can't seem to figue out how to turn it off. It is either 4 or 8 gigs.

The manual says "Listening to FM Radio, You can listen to radio using the optional iPod Radio Remote accessory for iPod nano.iPod Radio Remote attaches to iPod nano using the Dock connector cable. For more
    information, see the iPod Radio Remote documentation." What is the iPod Radio Remote accessory for iPod nano?

Thanks, Mike
    Will it ever stop--NO

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wmh9680 View Post
    Do any IPOD come with a FM tuner. My favorite station is FM 87.7 which is an oldies station here and it is just below the normal FM range and the Spyder does not go that low. Also the signal is not to strong. Or does anyone have any ideas how to get the station on the bike. WE are retired now so we will be spending more time on the bike. Thanks, Mike
    I think about your only choice for something like that is to find out if the station has a streaming Internet feed......and then get a smart phone that can connect to it.

Of course, then you need a cable to connect from the phone to the Spyder.
    I have a cable but haven't tested it yet.
    If it does work, I intend to use my phone as an MP3 player AND a GPS.

Spyder Garage

Would this be the IPOD cable I need for my 2014 RT LTD? I've read diff years bike/IPODs take diff cables. Can-Am Spyder New OEM iPod Intergration Cable, RT/ST, 710002676
    Have one to sell? Sell now

Can-Am Spyder New OEM iPod Intergration Cable, RT/ST, 710002676

Have one to sell? Sell now

Can-Am Spyder New OEM iPod Intergration Cable, RT/ST, 710002676

Thanks, Mike
    Will it ever stop--NO