Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Turn signal led lights

I just finished installing Lamonster led turn signal lights on my mirrors. Another fine product with very good instructions. With all these lights on the front of my RTL there will still be someone who will pull out in front of me. If only we could mount a small rocket launcher!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2015 RT Limited Red
    2017 Harley Street Glide

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

You will live longer if you assume every other idiot on the road wants you dead and is out to make it happen ASAP.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RussRT View Post
    I just finished installing Lamonster led turn signal lights on my mirrors. Another fine product with very good instructions. With all these lights on the front of my RTL there will still be someone who will pull out in front of me. If only we could mount a small rocket launcher!!!

I have never seen them installed on the TOP of the mirrors. Looks good in that pic. Something different.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Default You do all you can....

And then you trust on one to do the right thing n the road....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Distance is the only friend you have out there on the road. Be aware and use it at all times.

Spyder Garage

Oh my. I just realized that the yellow led lights were supposed to go on the bottom of the mirrors. I like them on top. Have to wait and see how they affect using my mirrors when riding!!!
    2015 RT Limited Red
    2017 Harley Street Glide

Spyder Garage

I don't think they HAVE to go on the bottom. You could be trend setter if you want. Vehicles to either side will Definitely know if you're turning...
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default TOP VS. BOTTOM MOUNT

Quote Originally Posted by RussRT View Post
    Oh my. I just realized that the yellow led lights were supposed to go on the bottom of the mirrors. I like them on top. Have to wait and see how they affect using my mirrors when riding!!!
    Yours are larger than most ( and Amber ) .........imho you are lucky they pare on the outside of the housing .... because if they were inside , they would reflect off the mirror in a big way .... and that could easily cause you to miss seeing something you might want to see ...... I'm sure the LED's are IP-67.... waterproof .......... Mike

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Turning Lights

I for one like that set up. They stay on all the time and then flash as needed? May need to check those out.
    Last edited by Little Blue; 02-17-2018 at 06:24 AM.
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

There is definitely one major thing to watch out for with that upside down setup, Russ.

One of my LED strips (only an indicator, not a full time running light) mounted under the mirror broke, and I replaced it with a spare one I had from Tricled, which was 4” longer, so it lies partly over the top of the mirror. It’s great as an easy check if your indicators are working during the day (yes they are, no they aren’t, yes they are, no they aren’t), BUT......

When I rode at night for the first time since installing the replacement, as soon as used my indicator, the yellow LED flash was absolutely blinding, directly in my eyes. I avoided using the indicator as much as possible until I got home, and immediately took it off til I could get one that only went underneath and up the side. Whatever you do, make sure you get out for a night use checkup before you head out for a long ride with that setup

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Perhaps his helmet's mouthguard blocks some of the light...

Spyder Garage

I really like the looks of them mounted on top. Mine are mounted from the top-outermost corner down to the bottom-inside corner of the mirror. They are located in the middle of the black plastic mirror casing. Don't know if I did mine correctly or not. But, either way, they do make a good improvement in visibility. Mine are not running lights, turn signals only.
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Perhaps his helmet's mouthguard blocks some of the light...
    They may not have been used at night on the road yet, Bob, and that is a very different environment from the garage. It’s even worse if you are out on a country road or freeway where it is very dark. It really was quite unsettling It may not be an issue for Russ for whatever reason, but this was a heads up, just in case

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    They may not have been used at night on the road yet, Bob, and that is a very different environment from the garage. It’s even worse if you are out on a country road or freeway where it is very dark. It really was quite unsettling It may not be an issue for Russ for whatever reason, but this was a heads up, just in case

Pete
    A lot of people (Including me) Don't ride at night- Things go Bump in the night- More Incapacitated/Distracted- and Lots more Animals to make things even worse- No Sir I am in by 4 PM in the Afternoon!

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge707 View Post
    A lot of people (Including me) Don't ride at night- Things go Bump in the night- More Incapacitated/Distracted- and Lots more Animals to make things even worse- No Sir I am in by 4 PM in the Afternoon!
    Yeah, I can understand your night riding reticence, Sarge .....personally, I love riding at night (but not dawn or dusk, because those bloody ‘roos can jump 20’ from behind the roadside scrub to the road directly in front of you in half a second ). However, night riding was not so enjoyable when there was a strip of 20 LEDs flashing in my face when I changed lanes or roads.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Lights

OKAY, Just Wondered Where is a Better Place to Locate these Style of Lights. I Love the look But, I DO LIKE to ryde at night. PS: Those of YOU that have this Lighting Please ADVISE.
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Little Blue View Post
    OKAY, Just Wondered Where is a Better Place to Locate these Style of Lights. I Love the look But, I DO LIKE to ryde at night. PS: Those of YOU that have this Lighting Please ADVISE.
    They normally go underneath and up the side of your mirrors, Little Blue. Have a look at the Lamonster site. There should be some photos and probably a video.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

Can't have to many lights--IMHO. Whether riding at night or just to keep the bike visible to others--you can't go wrong.

Here, (AK) not much night riding is done by us. During peak season June/July it does not even get dusk until 3:00 AM or so. Have never done a "midnight sun" ride.

When darkness hits about 7:00 PM or so--its to cold to ride comfortable. Sept/Oct

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Pete,
    I am particularly sensitive to light... and the lack thereof!
    (53 years of Diabetic Retinopathy, and a detached retina.)
    I noticed the location of the lights immediately.
    But it doesn't mean that it's a problem for him...
    His bike: his call!

Spyder Garage

I guess you get used to it.
    I have a different setup for the turn signals (arrows on the mirrors) but I also replaced the red reflectors at the rear of the front wheels with LEDs.
    The first time I went out at night, it was a horrible distraction.
    Now, I no longer pay any attention to them.

As always, my free advice comes with a double your money back guarantee.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Pete,
    I am particularly sensitive to light... and the lack thereof!
    (53 years of Diabetic Retinopathy, and a detached retina.)
    I noticed the location of the lights immediately.
    But it doesn't mean that it's a problem for him...
    His bike: his call!
    I don’t quite get that comment, Bob. It goes without saying that it is Russ’ bike and Russ’ call
    At no stage have I said that the lights are a problem for Russ, or that the placement was wrong, or that they should be relocated.

All I have done is highlight a potential issue that I personally came across and that may impact others if they place the LEDs on top of the mirrors. Using the indicators at night created a real safety issue for me at the end of a long days riding, so a quick night check should be done to ensure that others are comfortable with the “above the indicators” placement before adhering the LEDs. Once the LEDs are stuck down, they are very hard to remove and relocate.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

I appreciate everyone’s comments. Like Three Wheeler I put the red led lights on the bottom of my front fender. They were very bright. I also got used to them.
    My first thought on the led mirror mounted turn signals was will affect my mirror usage.
    As I live in Northeast Ohio a road test won’t be for awhile.
    Russ
    2015 RT Limited Red
    2017 Harley Street Glide

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeWheels View Post
    I guess you get used to it.
    I have a different setup for the turn signals (arrows on the mirrors) but I also replaced the red reflectors at the rear of the front wheels with LEDs.
    The first time I went out at night, it was a horrible distraction.
    Now, I no longer pay any attention to them.

As always, my free advice comes with a double your money back guarantee.
    Hahaha....great guarantee, ThreeWheels. Yeah, you soon get used to constant light. It was the on/off of the indicators in my face (the top of the mirrors are pretty high) that affected my night vision .

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

Default Night riding question answered!!

Today I took my Spyder out for the first ride of the year. Had a great time. Wind therapy was badly needed. I just got home from taking it out in the dark. The led lights mounted a n top of the mirror caused no problems with visibility or using the mirror. So no problem at all. I lucked out for sure. I work at n my own bikes and this is the first time I have done something completely wrong. IE mounting the lights on the top of the mirrors on Nostradamus of the bottom and outside edge. Alls well that ends well.
    2015 RT Limited Red
    2017 Harley Street Glide