Thread: Spyder Covers

Spyder Garage

Default Spyder Covers

I just bought a new 2017 Spyder f3t. It is 19 degrees here in Colorado so it was a cold 25 miles home. Regardless it was a blast my first real ride on a Spyder and it was so much fun. I learned a lot reading through the threads here which kept me from really gripping the handle bars hard and trusting the bike. I still need to trust the cornering I just don't have the feel for it yet and don't know what the bike can and can not do. But all that will com in time. Unfortunately I got it home just before the snow starts flying and had to go right back to work I'm bummed!!
    My question is, I want to get a cover for my new baby. I have seen the ultraguard covers for around $80 and the Can-Am covers are over $200. Is there a real big difference between the 2 or are you paying for the name on the Can-am cover?
    Love the community here at Spyder Lovers and i have already learned a lot before i even purchased the bike. Thank you all for that.

Spyder Garage

Default Not sure....

I have the Nelson Riggs cover and the only difference I see is the name on the cover. Well colors vary as well. But you can check the specs on them for the materials used...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default Here is a picture of my baby

My son loves it too haha.my bike jax 2.jpg

Spyder Garage

Default Cover your needs

I suggest you get what best addresses your needs such as outdoors, garage, sun, rain, dust, snow (God forbid), etc. I also suggest you consider if you need a full or partial cover. The BRP product is fine, but so are many others.

In my case I have the expensive BRP full RT cover which I NEVER use because I use my quick on and off top-half cover. My top cover is also so easy to pack when I travel.

Rob
    2015 RT-Ltd SE6 and F3S SE6, both with a number of commercial add-ons plus my own tweaks.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

We have a Nelson Rigg and it serves us well.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow

Spyder Garage

Default I have

the Ultra guard full cover for when I put it away for the winter. I use the Ultra guard half cover when I am on the road. Both work well for my needs .
    Dave....

2016 Red/Black F3T w/ Audio
    Bajha Ron Swaybar, BRP driving lights
    F4 Windshield, Ultimate Tallboy Seat
    BRP Passenger Backrest
    Custom Dynamics fender lights
    Tricled Rear Bag lights w/ Flashing Brake Modulator
    Wolo Horn, Lamonster's Bungee Buttons
    Spyderpops Bumper Skid

Spyder Garage

As will be parked in the garage. I was thinking that would need a full and a partial. Full for winter storage and partial for parking and going into eat ect. Thank you all for your reply. I’m just beside myself at the moment, I can’t believe I actually went out and bought a SpYder I have wanted one for so long. Then it has to snow👎 Just my luck. So now it sits in my garage and I’m reading all I can about it like I did before I bought it. Come on spring already haha!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by INFAMOUS View Post
    My question is, I want to get a cover for my new baby. I have seen the ultraguard covers for around $80 and the Can-Am covers are over $200. Is there a real big difference between the 2 or are you paying for the name on the Can-am cover?
    Love the community here at Spyder Lovers and i have already learned a lot before i even purchased the bike. Thank you all for that.
    I had the cam-am full cover for my first bike. It worked ok. For my second bike I decided on an ultraguard half cover. It was less expensive, and I felt I could use if on hot days in the summer when I park outside to keep the sun off. Also, I felt it was better for winter storage when I need to make sure mice don’t sneak under it and make a nest. (Mice did get under the full cover without me noticing)

2016 RT Limited SE6
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

Oh dang, hope they didn’t destroy anything filthy mice. Have any of you figured out a trick to turn off the blinker after changeing lanes. I struggled with that, I kept switching it from left to right. Maybe I will just get the feel of it or am I missing something? Thank you for your reply. I’m leaning toward the ultra guard cover. Save the extra for accessories or something.

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default SPYDER Cover

I bought an after-market full cover for $80. Turn off the turning signals by pressing in on the button. PS: that is the turning switch.
    Last edited by Little Blue; 02-23-2018 at 11:15 PM.
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

My son loves it too haha.my bike jax 2.jpg

Mini toy spyder
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Huffy-Sta...ype=10&veh=aff

&
    https://t.toysrus.com/product?produc...RoCkNEQAvD_BwE

As far as covers go I found a used BRP 1/2 cover at 1/2 price & only used it on one trip so far,
    mainly because of rain & I didn't wanna fool with trying to quick dry seat before leaving.
    Damp is better than puddles. Have heard of people just using fitted bed sheets, to each their own. Find what you like for how you like,
    the1/2 covers are quick & ez, pack great.
    Last edited by Bfromla; 02-24-2018 at 06:10 AM.

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Oh dang, hope they didn’t destroy anything filthy mice. Have any of you figured out a trick to turn off the blinker after changeing lanes. I struggled with that, I kept switching it from left to right. Maybe I will just get the feel of it or am I missing something? Thank you for your reply. I’m leaning toward the ultra guard cover. Save the extra for accessories or something.
    Congrats on your new ride.The blinker has self cancel or just push in on the switch.You,ll get use to it.I use the half cover from brp.
    Bill
    2018 RT Anniversary , Brake pedal extended

Spyder Garage

Default congratulations

As will be parked in the garage. I was thinking that would need a full and a partial. Full for winter storage and partial for parking and going into eat ect. Thank you all for your reply. I’m just beside myself at the moment, I can’t believe I actually went out and bought a SpYder I have wanted one for so long. Then it has to snow👎 Just my luck. So now it sits in my garage and I’m reading all I can about it like I did before I bought it. Come on spring already haha!!
    my new F3T --on the way to jersey soon--same color as yours!!--brand new rider here--did you have any prior moto experience? seems like you love it already--and your kid too

Spyder Garage

My significant other( vtrider) he has a 2016 F3T, he uses/has a Nelson Riggs cover. It covers the whole spyder.

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD

Spyder Garage

Default F3T Cover

I have a 2016 F3T with the BRP Top Case and I have the F4 23” windshield on it! Anybody know of a half cover that would fit?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I prefer the BRP covers for my RT. They fit like a glove!
    Pricier: yes! But the fit makes it worthwhile!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Congrats!

Nice looking Spyder! Welcome to "Miles of Smiles". I have the Ultraguard for my RT, no problems.
    2016 RT-S Special Series
    Spyderpops LED Bumpskid
    LED headlights and fog lights

Spyder Garage

and on your new ryde.

A cover is a cover is a cover. If you can find one that fits well for $80, there is no reason to spend $200.

My two 's also sit in a garage for winter storage. Have never put a cover on them. I have an unused cover from my two wheel only days, and it still sits on the shelf.

Give it a couple months and see what you are thinking then.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Cover

I just bought a new 2017 Spyder f3t. It is 19 degrees here in Colorado so it was a cold 25 miles home. Regardless it was a blast my first real ride on a Spyder and it was so much fun. I learned a lot reading through the threads here which kept me from really gripping the handle bars hard and trusting the bike. I still need to trust the cornering I just don't have the feel for it yet and don't know what the bike can and can not do. But all that will com in time. Unfortunately I got it home just before the snow starts flying and had to go right back to work I'm bummed!!
    The difference is $120.00!
    2015 RT S , None Tried one, but took it off. Didn't like it Black and Silver