Hybrid View

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

I might add that it pays to lubricate the latch and pin. If the electric latch deosn't release, adjustment of the latch and lubricating it is likely needed.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    I might add that it pays to lubricate the latch and pin. If the electric latch deosn't release, adjustment of the latch and lubricating it is likely needed.
    Once again.............................excellent advice! I'm calling BRP though......................the electric latch on mine has never worked worth a .

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Flanker View Post
    Once again.............................excellent advice! I'm calling BRP though......................the electric latch on mine has never worked worth a .
    It would be interesting for an electric latch to work on an RS...since there isn't one.

For legitimate concerns, calling BRP isn't going to help. Your tech has to deal with it. There are two things that are essential...a microswitch whose arm is intact, not bent, and is properly positioned; and proper adjustment of the latch. You also need to have the liner (if equipped) and the wetherstrip installed correctly. A good tech can deal with all this. If yours has been unable to do so, you may wish to try another dealer.
    Last edited by NancysToy; 07-06-2013 at 06:16 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Bob,
    Thanks for another GREAT bit of information presented in the most understandable way possible!
    Thast took pure guts to stick your frunklid like that...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Very helpful video

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Not so lucky for me! Mine stays stuck! With the engine running in will open by the switch. Without, I have to push down on the frunk to open just like the video showed. It will not even closed by dropping it as shown in the video. The weather strip appears to be all the way down. Who knows????

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rolinfaz View Post
    Not so lucky for me! Mine stays stuck! With the engine running in will open by the switch. Without, I have to push down on the frunk to open just like the video showed. It will not even closed by dropping it as shown in the video. The weather strip appears to be all the way down. Who knows????
    See your dealer.

2010's only open electrically when the engine is running, but the 2011's onward open just with the key just turned on. The trunk should open with the key if you press downward then turn counter-clockwise. You should feell the resistance of the cable and latch when you do this. If not, you are either not following the procedure correctly, or your cable has come loose or broken.
    Last edited by NancysToy; 07-06-2013 at 08:21 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rolinfaz View Post
    You could always remove the weather strip and see if the issue is still there. If it is then it would be out of adjustment.

Nice video!
    2007 M109R LE - To many MODS to list. Its cheaper that way!!!