Thread: BahaRon Bar

Spyder Garage

Default BahaRon Bar

Hi Folks,

I'm going to be installing a Ron Bar in the next few days. I've read on the forums that when installing the Elka shocks that the computer has to be flashed, due to the difference in ride height, etc????
    Will the computer need to be reflashed with the install of a Ron Bar?? Will the ride height be changed??

Thank's in advance.

Johnny Canuck

Spyder Garage

Yes, it will. I had the bar installed & a laser alignment done a couple of years ago by Ron (rnet), and then had to go to the local dealer and have the Spyder hooked up to B.U.D.S. to recalibrate the computer to recognize the bar & alignment. That took about 10 minutes at the dealer & they did not charge me. When done, they took a picture of my VIN on the swingarm. They do it as a courtesy for Ron.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Eh, Oldguy? I don't know what model Johnny is running, but mine is an F3-L and there is absolutely no need to reflash. Why would there be? There is no change in ride height, it's just a stiffer bar. I have never read anywhere, in all the questions raised re Ronbar, of a need to reflash ??? Have things changed in the last couple of years?

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Eh, Oldguy? I don't know what model Johnny is running, but mine is an F3-L and there is absolutely no need to reflash. Why would there be? There is no change in ride height, it's just a stiffer bar. I have never read anywhere, in all the questions raised re Ronbar, of a need to reflash ??? Have things changed in the last couple of years?

Pete
    Don't know if anything has changed, may be different on an F3, but that's what was recommended to me in 2014 when I had it done on my 2013 RTL, and the dealer obviously thought so too. May be different now, BRP may have changed some things computer-wise to compensate as they know that lots of folks are changing their sway bars, but I honestly don't know. Maybe someone else with more knowledge than I have can weigh in on this.
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Default Easy guys...

No need for the bajaron bar but you do whenever an alignment is done. So if you are doing the bar only this weekend your good to go and when they do the alignment they will hook up to buds....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

OldGuy the need for BUDS was because of the alignment not the bajaron bar.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Thanks guys, I did know that you need BUDS after an alignment, but thought it was needed for the bar as well. I learned something today, and that's a good thing.

Spyder Garage

There is a steering sensor that needs to be zeroed with BUDS any time there has been an adjustment to the front end alignment. This sensor tells the steering system when you are going straight ahead and when (and how much) you are turning. It is all tied in with the VSS system.

When you get the Spyder aligned it moves this sensor off of the zero mark when going straight ahead. In other words. After an alignment, the steering sensor thinks you are turning when you are actually going straight ahead. Depending on how far off the sensor is, it can put you into limp mode.

BUDS is used to get the sensor and your new alignment to agree on what 'Straight Ahead' is. Very important.

The Sway Bar install will not affect alignment in any way. So there is no need for the use of BUDS for the bar upgrade.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Default Ron Bar

Thank's folks. Oh, and it's a 2017 RTL. Sorry I didn't include that info.

Johnny

Spyder Garage

Since you've some miles on the Spyder you'll enjoy the improvement with Ron's bar. Good luck!
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Which reminds me!
    I've got to order a bar from Ron for my 2018!

(NOTE to SELF: Git er dun!)
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black