Spyder Garage

Default Engine noise on the Sena BT Dongle

I installed the Sena BT Dongle on my 2013 ST. I did not buy the BRP kit. Built a cable and bought the unit by separately. Installed it in the front trunk because I don't have a rear trunk.

It works well when the engine is not running but with the engine running there a noise present that changes with rpm.

I have ordered some clamp on ferrite chokes from China so it will be a couple weeks before they arrive.

Is there anything else that I can do clear up the noise?

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Many many folks with RTs have complained of engine noise when the SM10 is in the frunk. This is why I recommend the trunk which does work well. Since you don't have a trunk the only thing I could suggest is to make a BT cable from the radio to the SM10 that is shielded. Ground the shield at the radio and the shield on the other end in the Frunk at the fuse box.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black