Hybrid View

Registered Users
    God's Country, Keystone Heights, FL "Happy Owner"
    Spyder Garage

Default Easier with the muffler off...

I've changed my three using the honda GL1800 gaskets and experienced no problems. It is easier if you have help so you can get both sides up evenly and that helps get them in the receiving side. /Ken

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by krb1945 View Post
    I've changed my three using the honda GL1800 gaskets and experienced no problems. It is easier if you have help so you can get both sides up evenly and that helps get them in the receiving side. /Ken
    Ken:

Are you saying you used the Honda gasket on the lower Y where it connects to the 90 degree pipe? The Honda gaskets I use on the upper Y are much smaller than the one required for the lower Y. To the best of my knowledge, there is no Honda replacement gasket for the lower Y. I would like to be wrong about this.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder1026 View Post
    Ken:

Are you saying you used the Honda gasket on the lower Y where it connects to the 90 degree pipe? The Honda gaskets I use on the upper Y are much smaller than the one required for the lower Y. To the best of my knowledge, there is no Honda replacement gasket for the lower Y. I would like to be wrong about this.
    See in his avitar picture .... he's got 3 Spyders ... not all three gaskets.
    Silver SM5 PE# 1274, Hindle Exhaust, Touring Windshield, Caliper Trim, B.E.S.T. 3 Year Ext, Nuvi 255 GPS, Fog Lights, Sport Rack, Back Rest, 12V Outlet, Talon 3300p Alarm, NMN Mud Flap and TipZ LEDs, SpyderLovers Emblems, Kuryakyn Widow Pegs and Axel Trim, Luimoto seat skin, Evo Air Filter and O2 Mod, Cranker Tank Bag, Blue Sea fuse block, MAD/AMS/MBG, Oddyssey battery, IPS.

Service Bulletin Applied: Gen II parking brake, 2nd SW patch, evap can/hose update, Gen II DPS

Registered Users
    God's Country, Keystone Heights, FL "Happy Owner"
    Spyder Garage

Default Negative... I need to clarify...

I have three spyders and have changed all three upper y gaskets to the GL1800 gaskets. Sorry I didn't clarify that a little better.

No I am still searching for a sub on that lower gasket. I've done some in-depth part searches before but this one gasket is by far the most in-depth I've ever done. Right now it seems that no-one and I do mean no-one makes this lower gasket except the contractor that makes them for BRP.

M2Wild... I sure do like your avitar... that skier only catches the mist. /Ken

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by krb1945 View Post
    I have three spyders and have changed all three upper y gaskets to the GL1800 gaskets. Sorry I didn't clarify that a little better.

No I am still searching for a sub on that lower gasket. I've done some in-depth part searches before but this one gasket is by far the most in-depth I've ever done. Right now it seems that no-one and I do mean no-one makes this lower gasket except the contractor that makes them for BRP.

M2Wild... I sure do like your avitar... that skier only catches the mist. /Ken
    I think the lower gasket is made from graphite. It is possible to buy similar material, but it is very messy to handle. I was thinking of getting some of this and wrapping the pipe. It was momentary insanity. I am feeling better now.