Hybrid View

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default REALLY ! ! !

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Humphreys View Post
    My wife and my combined weight is around 500 total lbs. And, yeah an inch in height did change the CG. You may think what you want. I did respect you. Not so much now. What a bum you have turned out to be. I am a Christian and I don't lie, bud.
    ....Mr. Humphreys, because I am not a " BUM " I will take the time to help you understand a few things about measurements ........But first let me say that my figure # .0005 % was just an EXAGGERATION and you have my apology for that.........However I think you were rude to say I was/am a BUM and lets leave RELIGION elsewhere OK.........I happen to have BOTH tires in question in my garage a Hydro edge 215 /60-15 & a 225 /50 -15...........I measured them side by side and you are correct the difference is approx. 1 in.........But when you mount them and put them on the Spyder it will only change the height by 1/2 in because only 1/2 inch is below the axel,,,the other 1/2 inch is ABOVE the axel and this has nothing to do with elevating the Spyder.................Plus this will only RAISE the rear of the Spyder , not the front .......To get an accurate change in the CENTER OF GRAVITY ........do this ---take two car jackstands and place them 5 1/2 ft apart ( this is the wheelbase of the Spyder + - )......now take a something 6 ft long that won't bend like angle-iron......place it on the jack stands......measure in the middle down to the ground ........now place something 1/2 thick on one of the jack stands under the angle-iron .....and measure again in the same spot ......this will give you a number that more closely reflects the CHANGE IN THE C.G. ,........How much do you think this change is going to be ??????..........I'll tell you ....It's now 1/4 inch .....Do you really think 1/4 inch change in the C.G. is going to affect the handling of your Spyder ? ? ?........................and as far as the weight thing goes at 500 lbs I think this has exceeded the what BRP recommends for the Spyder but that's for you to decide ...........................Even at that weight the springs either OEM, or ELKA , or FOX etc. are ( to best of my knowledge ) PROGRESSIVE RATE springs ......meaning they get STIFFER the more you compress them ...........So even at 500 lbs the height change in your Spyder is not as much as you might think............Your welcome .......Mikeguyver
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 09-18-2014 at 09:44 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    ....Mr. Humphreys, because I am not a " BUM " I will take the time to help you understand a few things about measurements ........But first let me say that my figure # .0005 % was just an EXAGGERATION and you have my apology for that.........However I think you were rude to say I was/am a BUM and lets leave RELIGION elsewhere OK.........I happen to have BOTH tires in question in my garage a Hydro edge 215 /60-15 & a 225 /50 -15...........I measured them side by side and you are correct the difference is approx. 1 in.........But when you mount them and put them on the Spyder it will only change the height by 1/2 in because only 1/2 inch is below the axel,,,the other 1/2 inch is ABOVE the axel and this has nothing to do with elevating the Spyder.................Plus this will only RAISE the rear of the Spyder , not the front .......To get an accurate change in the CENTER OF GRAVITY ........do this ---take two car jackstands and place them 5 1/2 ft apart ( this is the wheelbase of the Spyder + - )......now take a something 6 ft long that won't bend like angle-iron......place it on the jack stands......measure in the middle down to the ground ........now place something 1/2 thick on one of the jack stands under the angle-iron .....and measure again in the same spot ......this will give you a number that more closely reflects the CHANGE IN THE C.G. ,........How much do you think this change is going to be ??????..........I'll tell you ....It's now 1/4 inch .....Do you really think 1/4 inch change in the C.G. is going to affect the handling of your Spyder ? ? ?........................and as far as the weight thing goes at 500 lbs I think this has exceeded the what BRP recommends for the Spyder but that's for you to decide ...........................Even at that weight the springs either OEM, or ELKA , or FOX etc. are ( to best of my knowledge ) PROGRESSIVE RATE springs ......meaning they get STIFFER the more you compress them ...........So even at 500 lbs the height change in your Spyder is not as much as you might think............Your welcome .......Mikeguyver
    Nicely reasoned and worded response. Thanks for the level head.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

People call Netzley tire. He is a board sponsor. I'm getting my Tire mounted tomorrow or Saturday. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    Nicely reasoned and worded response. Thanks for the level head.

Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    People call Netzley tire. He is a board sponsor. I'm getting my Tire mounted tomorrow or Saturday. Tom

Tom, If it's tomorrow; stop up after you've got it!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post

Tom, If it's tomorrow; stop up after you've got it!
    Will do Bob. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    Ron is great !
    He is a good guy with great service.
    While you are there, I recommend you get the laser alignment, unless you have one already.
    The laser alignment will go a long way to increase tire wear.
    Unfortunately, he can't service the whole country.

Did I mention that Ron is good ?
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You know the sad thing is I would never presuppose to tell you that I knew more about the handling of your bike than you. You can say what you want. It did change it. That is a fact. I was running the suspension on the hardest setting and after the tire change I dropped it down to the next to the lowest setting. That probably lowered the bike enough that it actually caused it to handle better than with the OEM tire. As I said, I would not tell you about how your bike handles to you. I think that was very rude. You basically called me a liar. No other way I can look at that. And that is what makes you a bum in my book. Everyone that wants to can side with you all they want. You would not let someone tell you that you didn't know what you were talking about. And that is exactly what I did. Stood up for myself. And, as far the 500 lbs being over what the bike allows, we ask the salesman that very question before we laid out 32K for the bike. If what you say is true, that man is a liar.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The actual rated losd capacity is 487 lbs...
    I just looked it up in the owner's manual.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

We are right at it then. Wife has lost some weight so we are slightly below that, but I did tell the salesman 500 lbs and he sure enough said that was no problem. Thanks for looking that up.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Glad to be able to do something useful around here...
    The older RTs had a limit of 525 pounds...

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I must be close to that with all my gear on and bags filled!
    Best only run it at half tank!!

Spyder Garage

Default I'M TIRED OF THIS

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Humphreys View Post
    You know the sad thing is I would never presuppose to tell you that I knew more about the handling of your bike than you. You can say what you want. It did change it. That is a fact. I was running the suspension on the hardest setting and after the tire change I dropped it down to the next to the lowest setting. That probably lowered the bike enough that it actually caused it to handle better than with the OEM tire. As I said, I would not tell you about how your bike handles to you. I think that was very rude. You basically called me a liar. No other way I can look at that. And that is what makes you a bum in my book. Everyone that wants to can side with you all they want. You would not let someone tell you that you didn't know what you were talking about. And that is exactly what I did. Stood up for myself. And, as far the 500 lbs being over what the bike allows, we ask the salesman that very question before we laid out 32K for the bike. If what you say is true, that man is a liar.
    .......​Mr.Humphrey's I NEVER accused you of LYING in any posts I made not " BASICALLY " or even implied .......The problem as I see it is ...it's pointless to discuss or defend myself to you because YOU don't understand what you read....................I'm done with this nonsense ......Mikeguyver

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Unhappy

Give it a rest Mike. You rub a lot of people the wrong way and come up with some pretty off the chain ideas and fixes. You are far from being Scotty and could take some lessons from him on how to deal with people including cutting out the idiotic fonts and multiple emoticons. They make you look childish and some of your replies do too. Simple B&W and one or 2 emoticons will make you more credible. JMHO

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sorry Mike...

Registered Users
    Tri Cities of Apple Valley, Hesperia, Victorville
    Spyder Garage

Well I'll be hornswaggled. (whatever that means) Level heads all around. Damn refreshing and what makes this the very best forum.
    Allen B.\aka adlereins
    Last edited by adlereins; 09-19-2014 at 12:35 AM.

Spyder Garage

Default Really

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Sorry Mike...
    .......Sorry Bob , but I don't believe you

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Spyder Garage

Default I really appreciate you getting involved in this

Quote Originally Posted by Magdave View Post
    Give it a rest Mike. You rub a lot of people the wrong way and come up with some pretty off the chain ideas and fixes. You are far from being Scotty and could take some lessons from him on how to deal with people including cutting out the idiotic fonts and multiple emoticons. They make you look childish and some of your replies do too. Simple B&W and one or 2 emoticons will make you more credible. JMHO
    So Dave are you saying I did call him a liar ????????...................And I never ,ever ,ever , thought I was / could re-place Scotty ....or are you saying I said that too....?????

Spyder Garage

...........................Even at that weight the springs either OEM, or ELKA , or FOX etc. are ( to best of my knowledge ) PROGRESSIVE RATE springs ......meaning they get STIFFER the more you compress them ...........So even at 500 lbs the height change in your Spyder is not as much as you might think............Your welcome .......Mikeguyver
    You are incorrect. All manufacturers mentioned above use Linear springs in the front. There is not enough stroke available on the Spyder shocks to allow us to use progressive springs, or a dual spring rate to create a progressive spring rate. The vehicle would roll to much in the corners.

Spyder Garage

Default I DID SAY " TO THE BEST OF MY KNOWLEDGE "

[QUOTE=Trooper;876290]You are incorrect. All manufacturers mentioned above use Linear springs in the front. There is not enough stroke available on the Spyder shocks to allow us to use progressive springs, or a dual spring rate to create a progressive spring rate. The vehicle would roll to much in the corners.[/QUOTE...................................Thanks for clearing this up..................I was going to delete it entirely but I can't find it now !!!!!!.............Mike

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Tires on its way!

Here's an update... Received a tracking number today from discount tires.com!

RESULT!!!

should have my tire on Monday.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I have 60K+ miles on Kumho Esta tires..... Not a single issue and I ryde my Spyder like I'm being chased.....
    2014 RT Limited , Black Current (blacked out trim)