Quote Originally Posted by cjctucson View Post
Thanks guys. I of course figured that for the higher price you got better suspension, etc., but had not thought of some of the other things you mentioned. I love to hear the stories of you that are my age and still riding long trips. Several of you said you never tried a Ryker and thought they introduced it to have something sporty for younger riders. My thought is they just shot for a price point to get in the market of lower priced motorcycles. I think they managed to get to that price point with cheap parts (especially suspension) and basic junky engineering. Amen - you get what you pay for.
I have never ridden a Ryker but have set on one and could tell that I would be cramped etc. Talking about price points I had an accident on my Harley last year and decided that maybe it was time for me to think about 3 wheels. Even though I had said many times that I would never ride a 3 wheeler. Getting back to price point I bought an older 2011 RT-S that I have grown to love. i have had some 400-500 mile days with no problem. The newer models 2014 up have the 1330 engine and 6 speed transmission which should be better than I have but I will not ride one because then I would probably not like mine anymore. Good luck in your quest but my rambling about was to suggest that you might even look at some used Spyders. By the way I am 77.
Leon