Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    OK as you face the open Frunk .... look at the Latch .... there are two 10 mm nuts ( they are on fixed studs like on your wheels ) ...... You should remove the left plastic cover to get better access ..... and the DEEP socket is better for the ACTUAL Removal of the Latch !! ... An open end wrench will work for a little adjusting ...... So you are probably doing this because the hood doesn't latch EASILY or the hood doesn't open EASILY ...... so if you loosen the bolts enough to put a screw driver at the front you can LEVER it up a VERY little .... tighten nuts and see if that was enough ..... if not loosen and lever it up a touch more ...again tighten nuts .... keep repeating until your are happy with how it works ................PS as someone said don't use WD40 as a LUBRICANT ..... it's not a Lubricant , it's used to LOOSEN things but doesn't work as a long term lubricant............ Mike
    Thanks Mike, worked like a champ. I have to say I am not very pleased with the work my dealer did on this job. He has been good in the past but the quality this time was not up to par. It is too much effort to go back to him for the correction but he will hear about it.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default FRUNK LATCH

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    Thanks Mike, worked like a champ. I have to say I am not very pleased with the work my dealer did on this job. He has been good in the past but the quality this time was not up to par. It is too much effort to go back to him for the correction but he will hear about it.
    ..... Glad I could help you with this ..... the adjusting is hit or miss because you don't want too much and too little won't work ..... sometimes if your really Lucky you get exact the first , Because I was doing FRUNK LATCH RELEASE - PULLS , I did a few dozen complete removal and re-assembly .... and even with that experience it was still hit or miss ....... Mike