Very Active Member SpyderConvert's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Hitting A Brick Wall

I am trying to install an additional fuse box (Eager Beaver) and upon the advice of a fellow SpyderLover, purchased the 24" lead from the battery to the fuse box. My problem is: how do I route the 24" lead from the battery? Do I remove the frunk or is there some way to "fish" the lead up to the left side cover? I am at a total loss here and am looking for any and all advice. Pictures would be most helpful. I did do several searches, but could not find the help that I needed. Thank you in advance for any help that you may offer up.
    2015 RTL, BajaRon Swaybar, LaMonster LED Headlights and Foglights, LaMonster Spydercuff, LaMonster LED mirror wrap, Magic Mirrors, HMT Brake Light
    2015 RT Ltd. , $" extension Black

Spyder Garage

cant speak for the rt i have a f3t limited . i pulled the frunk there is a plug between both sides i fished wires through the left top cover door for my gps and removed the left side panel and installed a double lighter plug probably the same for the right side.took 45 minutes

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderConvert View Post
    I am trying to install an additional fuse box (Eager Beaver) and upon the advice of a fellow SpyderLover, purchased the 24" lead from the battery to the fuse box. My problem is: how do I route the 24" lead from the battery? Do I remove the frunk or is there some way to "fish" the lead up to the left side cover? I am at a total loss here and am looking for any and all advice. Pictures would be most helpful. I did do several searches, but could not find the help that I needed. Thank you in advance for any help that you may offer up.
    I don't know why your search came up empty. This is the same as my thread last week (with pictures) http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-311-in-2014RT
    Last edited by UtahPete; 06-22-2018 at 01:06 PM.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I did do several searches, but could not find the help that I needed. Thank you in advance for any help that you may offer up.
    'Hitting a brick wall' isn't a very helpful search term when looking for help with the electrical system....just sayin'
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks

Thank you for your responses. I will make it more clear when I ask for help.
    2015 RTL, BajaRon Swaybar, LaMonster LED Headlights and Foglights, LaMonster Spydercuff, LaMonster LED mirror wrap, Magic Mirrors, HMT Brake Light

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thank you for your responses. I will make it more clear when I ask for help.
    Did you get the help you needed?
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Default Yes and No

I re-read your original post and followed it as closely as I could. It's looking to me that the easiest way to do this is to remove the frunk. I'm certainly not afraid of doing this, but I was hoping to avoid it. What I will try to do is to photograph as many steps as possible so that others attempting to add an additional fuse block will have an easier time of it. Seeing photos of the completed setup helped, but I was hoping for for photos of how you got from the battery to the final "resting place" of the fuse box. Thank you for your help, it really did help.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I re-read your original post and followed it as closely as I could. It's looking to me that the easiest way to do this is to remove the frunk. I'm certainly not afraid of doing this, but I was hoping to avoid it. What I will try to do is to photograph as many steps as possible so that others attempting to add an additional fuse block will have an easier time of it. Seeing photos of the completed setup helped, but I was hoping for for photos of how you got from the battery to the final "resting place" of the fuse box. Thank you for your help, it really did help.
    From inside the frunk, remove the battery cover. Shine a shop light from the left wheel opening and you will be able to clearly see the spaces around the battery where the OEM battery cable passes through to back side of the frunk.

In other words the battery is actually exposed on the back side of the frunk (engine compartment) and you can see it from the 'wheel well. Access the battery terminals from the frunk, pass the wires around the battery to the back side and then pass them up to where you want to locate the electronic fuse block. It's actually quite easy and you don't need to remove the frunk.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Default Thank you!!

I was out of town for the weekend and just got home last night. I had ordered an "endoscope" that attaches to my cell phone and it was delivered in yesterday's mail; this will give me the opportunity to check out your advice. I really do appreciate all of your help. Again, Thank You!!