Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: F3 issues

Spyder Garage

Default F3 issues

So it appears that the only issue with the F3 at this time seems to be the blender noise and vibration at higher speeds.

anyone else experiencing anything else?

thank you.....

i am am still on the fence

Indian scout or F3 (I know big price difference)
    2015 F3s , Orange/black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sccar View Post
    So it appears that the only issue with the F3 at this time seems to be the blender noise and vibration at higher speeds.

thank you.....

Advice::: Ride one before you buy.. My F3 has been a pleasure so far. 1300+ mi..I feel a vibration but it's not like some describe / Not even close.. An Indian Scout is a nice bike but I don't see how it would be anywhere near as comfortable as an F3...

Spyder Garage

I maybe biased as I own a F3 and love it, so I'd say get the F3! I looked at the Indian Scout a few days ago and after sitting on it, it's not what I'd want for any longer than a half hour ride. That said, I did drive the new Chief Dark Horse, that may end up in my stable very soon. That bike had a nice soft ride and good seat, totally different than the Scout. If you like the Indian, look at the Dark Horse, price falls between a Scout and F3. When I road away from the Indian dealership on my F3, I had no regrets with my new spyder.......but that dark horse sure looks bada$$!!!!
    2015 Red/Black F3-S SM6 with black hood strips, Blue Ridge windshield, driving light kit, removable backrest and saddlebags.

Spyder Garage

F3's are pretty awesome looking, but the new Indian is bold and distinctive too. Would make a great pair in the garage!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2015 Red/Black F3-S SM6 with black hood strips, Blue Ridge windshield, driving light kit, removable backrest and saddlebags.

Spyder Garage

One input here.

I had looked at the original back in 2008 but they were only on demo, so I picked up a Vision Tour, Ducati 900SS and
    F650GS for the wife. (Had not been riding since 1980, yes 1980 and by then had everything from a Honda MiniTrail
    up to a Suzuki 1000GS-E). Then gave it up about 2yrs ago. OK....to present. Saw the new commercials and went out
    to sit on one. ONLY SAT ON IT. The position was perfect. Never drove it yet. Placed a call to a dealer that knew what
    they were talking about at 9am on a Monday, said I wanted a red F3S SE6 w/windscreen, passenger backrest. They had
    it ready by 2pm. So I purchased sight-unseen WITHOUT a test drive.

Now let me say this. I am having a BLAST on this thing. I now have 1200m on it and have been out every weekend on
    both days! It is incredibly fun to ride, and at the same time a challenge because of what it is into the turns. The more I
    take it out, the more my smile opens. My wife loves it also.

Sure, there is a crazy vibration at a special "sweet spot" in 5th at just shy of 4000rpms... which may (or may not) be
    the MPH you want to be at locally. But I understand it, understand it is possibly adjustable in the belt, but again it
    is at that special spot you feel/hear it. So lets call that 1% of my riding because I go above or below it, but, at some
    point you will hit and pass it. I will play with the belt adjustment and see what shakes. So let me say again, this is
    a super minimal time you hit this spot. (So not like I am riding and in that exact spot vibrating body parts).

Am I worried. Not in the least. There is a 3yr warranty.......... Would I purchase again. I can clearly say that without
    hesitation I would. For the 22K+ I could purchase almost anything out there, I wanted to try 3-wheels this time, and
    like I said, the fun factor is just unreal. Extremely reliable. The more I ride it, learn the best way to make turns to get
    the most out of them (in the super twisty mt roads), it just gets better and better. On the highway its a great machine
    as-well.
    2015 F3-S SE6 (Rorange)w/BlueRidge windscreen, +2 UFIT, pass backrest, pass floorboard, CrossCountry Saddlebags, BajaRon sway w/links, BANDC 12v under seat, BANDC USB left of key plug, GripPups, x-Creen Sport, 2-Up Rear

2008->
    Victory Vision Tour Premium
    Ducati 900 SS Full-Fairing
    BMW F650GS

Pre-1979
    Suzuki GS1000-E (1st Tri-State Area)
    Suzuki GS750
    Suzuki RM125
    Suzuki GT550 (3Cyl 2-stroke Street)
    Honda CL175
    Honda SL125
    Honda Trail 70 (1st year of hand clutch model)
    Honda Mini-Trail 50

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mike,P View Post
    Advice::: Ride one before you buy.. My F3 has been a pleasure so far. 1300+ mi..I feel a vibration but it's not like some describe / Not even close.. An Indian Scout is a nice bike but I don't see how it would be anywhere near as comfortable as an F3...
    Exactly what he said.
    We now have His and Hers Spyders!
    Current Spyder: White 2015 F3-S SE6
    His Spyder: White 2015 F3 SE6

Previous Spyder: 2012 RT Limited SE5 -- 30,300 miles
    Previous rides: Kawasaki & Honda
    2015 F3 , Pearl White

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Agree 100%

Quote Originally Posted by kaamacat View Post
    One input here.

I had looked at the original back in 2008 but they were only on demo, so I picked up a Vision Tour, Ducati 900SS and
    F650GS for the wife. (Had not been riding since 1980, yes 1980 and by then had everything from a Honda MiniTrail
    up to a Suzuki 1000GS-E). Then gave it up about 2yrs ago. OK....to present. Saw the new commercials and went out
    to sit on one. ONLY SAT ON IT. The position was perfect. Never drove it yet. Placed a call to a dealer that knew what
    they were talking about at 9am on a Monday, said I wanted a red F3S SE6 w/windscreen, passenger backrest. They had
    it ready by 2pm. So I purchased sight-unseen WITHOUT a test drive.

Now let me say this. I am having a BLAST on this thing. I now have 1200m on it and have been out every weekend on
    both days! It is incredibly fun to ride, and at the same time a challenge because of what it is into the turns. The more I
    take it out, the more my smile opens. My wife loves it also.

Sure, there is a crazy vibration at a special "sweet spot" in 5th at just shy of 4000rpms... which may (or may not) be
    the MPH you want to be at locally. But I understand it, understand it is possibly adjustable in the belt, but again it
    is at that special spot you feel/hear it. So lets call that 1% of my riding because I go above or below it, but, at some
    point you will hit and pass it. I will play with the belt adjustment and see what shakes. So let me say again, this is
    a super minimal time you hit this spot. (So not like I am riding and in that exact spot vibrating body parts).

Am I worried. Not in the least. There is a 3yr warranty.......... Would I purchase again. I can clearly say that without
    hesitation I would. For the 22K+ I could purchase almost anything out there, I wanted to try 3-wheels this time, and
    like I said, the fun factor is just unreal. Extremely reliable. The more I ride it, learn the best way to make turns to get
    the most out of them (in the super twisty mt roads), it just gets better and better. On the highway its a great machine
    as-well.
    I totally agree with this viewpoint....

Spyder Garage

Am I worried. Not in the least. There is a 3yr warranty.......... .

Minor correction. There is a 2 year warranty on F3s unless you purchased a BEST extended warranty.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

I think vibration is no worse than all the spyders before. Good ole floppy notch belt. I think all could use an idler pulley. Always test ride. Just me I could not stand the forward controls due to my back fusions and damage.
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it. Sypder Loco!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    Minor correction. There is a 2 year warranty on F3s unless you purchased a BEST extended warranty.
    When I purchased my F3-S BRP had a promotion and included the BEST extended warranty at no additional cost - so for some/many no correction needed
    2020 RT Ride Frequent Stay Safe
    Aftermarket Aux Light, GPS mounting/wiring, Lamonster Garage Mirror Lock, Lamonster Garage Belt Tensioner
    Backrest Home Brew Mod

2008 RS from 2008 through 4/2015, 2015 F3-S from 4/2015 through 9/2020

Spyder Garage

Good point there...My error. On the day (Apr27) I purchased, BRP was offering the free 3rd
    year with BEST. So I've got 3yrs on everything. (Believe it or not the dealer said EVERYTHING
    I purchased that day)... Well HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO SPYDER... 1Month and 1day!
    2015 F3-S SE6 (Rorange)w/BlueRidge windscreen, +2 UFIT, pass backrest, pass floorboard, CrossCountry Saddlebags, BajaRon sway w/links, BANDC 12v under seat, BANDC USB left of key plug, GripPups, x-Creen Sport, 2-Up Rear

2008->
    BMW F650GS

Pre-1979
    Suzuki GS750
    Suzuki RM125
    Honda CL175
    Honda SL125
    Honda Mini-Trail 50

Spyder Garage

i got a 3 year and didn't pay anymore for it! good till april of 18.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Chuck,
    Shouldn't you give us a new look for your signature pic?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Good point there...My error. On the day (Apr27) I purchased, BRP was offering the free 3rd
    year with BEST. So I've got 3yrs on everything. (Believe it or not the dealer said EVERYTHING
    I purchased that day)... Well HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO SPYDER... 1Month and 1day!

The BEST is good but if you read the contract, it does not quite cover everything. I am purchasing a 3 year BEST on my F3 though.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Chuck,
    Shouldn't you give us a new look for your signature pic?
    waiting for my graphics guy to call and say he's ready. i'll post the f3s when she's got her finished look! you know women bob, they don't like getting their picture taken when they're not ready!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Don't I know it!!
    (Why not do a tandem picture of both of your bikes; like I did?)
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Don't I know it!!
    (Why not do a tandem picture of both of your bikes; like I did?)

We now have His and Hers Spyders!
    Current Spyder: White 2015 F3-S SE6
    His Spyder: White 2015 F3 SE6

Previous Spyder: 2012 RT Limited SE5 -- 30,300 miles
    Previous rides: Kawasaki & Honda
    2015 F3 , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

The BEST is good but if you read the contract, it does not quite cover everything. I am purchasing a 3 year BEST on my F3 though.
    See that's what I thought also... Only covers the machine, but they listed the accessories I
    purchased that day as-well. (And that's just fine if not. The nice bonus was that extra year
    of coverage). Although this dealer takes almost 1hr to get to, damn they are good. (I have
    three other within 15-20mins and all should just not be selling the product line. Those typical
    multi-carrier dealers. Master of none)

2008->
    BMW F650GS

Pre-1979
    Suzuki GS750
    Suzuki RM125
    Honda CL175
    Honda SL125
    Honda Mini-Trail 50

Spyder Garage

Yep that's the best idea yet, buy both bikes!

Spyder Garage

Mine came with a 3 year warranty at no extra cost. Your mileage may vary.
    Alan

I'm in my second childhood, only this time I have more money.

Modes of transportation
    2013 Jeep Wrangler
    2014 Chevy Silverado
    2015 Spyder F3S SE6

Spyder Garage

If you ordered very early the F3 came with a 4 yr (2 plus 2 Best)......Mine has that What I love about BRP warranties is no mileage limit. I put 31000 on my RT the first year so if they had mileage conditions like cars I would be out of luck quickly. I also put 5000 miles on my F3 in the first 6 weeks so not letting up..
    220,000 Mile Spyder Ryder, IBA Premier member #59352, Saddlesore 1000 (11), Bun Burner 1500 (3), Saddlesore 2000 (2), Bun Burner Gold, MILEEATER SILVER

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BikerDoc View Post
    If you ordered very early the F3 came with a 4 yr (2 plus 2 Best)......Mine has that What I love about BRP warranties is no mileage limit. I put 31000 on my RT the first year so if they had mileage conditions like cars I would be out of luck quickly. I also put 5000 miles on my F3 in the first 6 weeks so not letting up..
    I got the 4 year warranty as well. Great peace of mind!

I am STILL loving this machine!

4300+ miles and counting...
    2022 Spyder RT SEA-TO-SKY Mystery Blue... (bought new May 2023, a work in progress...)

2015 Can-Am Red F3-S, SE6
    CalSci shield, Elka stage 5 rear shock, stage 4 front shocks, Akrapovic silencer, BajaRon Bar, Roadster Renovations vibration dampener, Tricled LED headlights and auxiliary lights, driver floorboard, driver and passenger backrests, Tricled Safety Led package, Shad BRP/SH36 side cases, Baker built luggage rack, Tricled Rear run/brake/turn signal led, Tricled LED piezo brake bullet strobe, JDM Astar LED bulbs for rear and front lights, Airhawk seat pad, USB power outlet

Very Active Member GaryTheBadger's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Your original question was if we had experienced any other F3 issues. After two weeks of ownership, one of the passenger footrests refused to stay up, it kept slowly working it's way to the full-down position.
    They were fully tightened. I recall reading other posts with this issue. It looks like only rubber friction is used to keep them up...how to you add more friction? For now, I took them off.
    Enjoying now: 2015 Spyder F3 SE6, 1970 Indian MM-5A, 1972 Suzuki RV90J Rover, 2017 Indian Chieftain (wife's)
    Wish-I-had-kept-them: 2008 Spyder GS SE-5, 1967 Shelby GT500 w/Paxton supercharger, 1972 DeTomaso Pantera, 1991, 1992 & 2001 Acura NSX's, 2012 V-Star 950 Tourer, various 2-, 3- and 4-wheelers
    2015 F3 SE6 , White - The fastest color!

Registered Users mikedoucette66's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Well, I have been all over the speed map when it comes to the vibration I didn't notice it... I was out for a rip yesterday hit about 125km/h and felt nothing.
    Now on the try before you buy I'm in Atlantic Canada New Brunswick to be exact and there hasn't been any opportunity to try one before I bought it the dealership that sells them Torque Motorsports in Fredericton offered no ride before you buy...lol but regardless of that fact we still purchased it, LOVE IT.

Spyder Garage

Default F3-S

Quote Originally Posted by Sccar View Post

thank you.....

I just got my F3-S, been riding our RT-S Limited for 3 years, F3-S so much better for me. A little vibration but with the (U-Fit) set-up, I now can ride more comfortable.