Thread: IS IT JUST ME?

Spyder Garage

Default IS IT JUST ME?

Or are there major changes to this forum? Big yellow banner at the top when I log in, 5 or more pages of "What's New", (which aren't). I realize that there have been some tech issues over the last few days, and Lamont being ill, but things here seem really different to me. Anyone else agree/disagree? I have seen other posts about the tech side, but no opinions as to where the forum might be headed. Comments?
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

It's just the new update to the forum software.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinCT View Post
    Or are there major changes to this forum? Big yellow banner at the top when I log in, 5 or more pages of "What's New", (which aren't). I realize that there have been some tech issues over the last few days, and Lamont being ill, but things here seem really different to me. Anyone else agree/disagree? I have seen other posts about the tech side, but no opinions as to where the forum might be headed. Comments?
    Yes, there are some changes. No, it does not signify a new direction for the forum. I'll bet this year's cars have a different interface than last year's too. Progress, not revolution.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Default Changes....

We now have an active site and server tech who is working on this place. Things will be fine but you are right things are a bit up and down but getting better...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

A few tech updates, but I don't think much has changed. There have been no special directions to the new moderators either.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

The yellow banner. My guess is it may contain notes to be read. My laptop has it but the IPad does not. Possibly it has disappeared on the laptop also.

Knowing they are making program updates I just roll with it.

Yes there now are multiple pages of whats new. Seems the system does not archive based on your last visit however, if you open a new topic and close it, not being new any longer it is placed is the applicable forum until someone elses adds to it.

A bit cluttery, though no big deal, and there is a dividing bar that shows where you last left off.

Spyder Garage

Personally, I like the changes I'm seeing. There are always new unexpected behavior changes in software updates but one you get to know them...all is good. For instance, the "What's New" isn't broken but has been broken into two new sections: 1) what's been updated since you last visited and 2) what hasn't been updated since your last visit BUT still relatively new UNREAD posts.

2017 Spyder RT Limited - Champagne Metallic Chrome
    - Wolo Bad Boy Horn, SPYDERPOPS Next Gen LED Bumpskid, SPYDERPOPS Double Vision Daytime Running Lights
    2021 Spyder RT Limited - Deep Marsala Metallic Dark
    - Replaced 2021 Stock Handlebars with F3 Stock Handlebars, BRP Adjustable Driver Backrest, Wolo Bad Boy Horn, SPYDERPOPS Double Vision Daytime Running Lights, SPYDERPOPS ""BRAKER BARS" Brake/Run Lights

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default It's an age old process....

If something works, somebody has to get in there and fix it.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    A few tech updates, but I don't think much has changed. There have been no special directions to the new moderators either.
    Same Story: New Day...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I fix my computer with a hammer and I'm OK with the new up dates to the forum. Maybe its because I use chrome system to drive the computer.

Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow