Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default To the BRPCare Team...

We have a problem...
    In order to get the four year warranty, and $500 worth of free accessories on a new 2018 10th Anniversary bike: we've got to order prior to July 15th...
    You're asking us to buy a "Pig in a Poke".
    We have been told nothing about what will be, (or won't be): new on the bikes!
    I've already called my Dealer: they went online to their dealer website, and saw nothing about what we might be buying.
    I'm a man of Faith... but that faith does has it's limits...
    I'd love to speak to you about this, and I know that it can't go out into a public forum...
    PM me, and I'll give you all of my contact information!

Thanks!

2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Doesn't this show what's new with these models?

https://can-am.brp.com/spyder/10th-anniversary.html

Other than the color scheme, new rim design and the 10th anniversary badging looks like they are pretty standard issue units. Probably a pretty good preview of what the new 2018 models in September looks like. Few if any new features and different color options.

Spyder Garage

Default All new....🤔

It's all new Bob....may be the same as you have but it will be new... Hope they get you the info...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Rodriguez View Post
    Doesn't this show what's new with these models?

https://can-am.brp.com/spyder/10th-anniversary.html

Other than the color scheme, new rim design and the 10th anniversary badging looks like they are pretty standard issue units. Probably a pretty good preview of what the new 2018 models in September looks like. Few if any new features and different color options.
    That's what it's looking like; I just want to get an actual confirmation that this is the bike that will be landing at my dealers, that has my name on it.

Spyder Garage

what is the 500 dollars in parts they are talking about, is it something they are showing, or is the stuff they are showing standard on the bike models
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

They are showing the bikes as they come from the factory***. You can use your $500 in free accessories however you wish.

***Assuming that the pictures shown are representative of what the 2018 models will actually look like.

Spyder Garage

so does this mean your thinking bob. being you called your friend at the dealer
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yup! We're chewing on this potentiality in a rather serious manner; do you want to buy a really great 2014 RT-L?

Spyder Garage

no thanks bob. i like saving money
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

What you see is what you get according to the web site. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

Gonna sit back and just see what happens. My flame has not been lit.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    What you see is what you get according to the web site. Tom
    I've been reading all of that ever since these were announced...
    But they've also left gaping holes in the information about the vehicles.
    Will the Limiteds still come with the rolling back for the Frunk?
    Have they made improvements to the mirror mounting system?
    Will I still need to buy one of Doc's belt vibration dampeners?

I see that it's basically a "Blackout Bike", with some Gold trim: are there other Gold trim pieces available?
    (Examples: the side storage compartment, and top trunk trim pieces? Or even the windshield trim, and lower air deflectors.)

If I'm going Black and Gold: I think that I want to look like an L.A. Pimp!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post

I see that it's basically a "Blackout Bike", with some Gold trim: are there other Gold trim pieces available?
    (Examples: the side storage compartment, and top trunk trim pieces? Or even the windshield trim, and lower air deflectors.)

At the moment, it would appear to me anyway, there are no major updates in styling or bling, other than the badges and wheels. Gonna be interesting just how many will be special ordered.

I will check back later. I am going to put another 100 + on the Vulcan today. I felt like a kid yesterday leaning in the twisties.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 06-17-2017 at 01:27 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

We have a problem...
    In order to get the four year warranty, and $500 worth of free accessories on a new 2018 10th Anniversary bike: we've got to order prior to July 15th...
    I've already called my Dealer: they went online to their dealer website, and saw nothing about what we might be buying.
    I'd love to speak to you about this, and I know that it can't go out into a public forum...

Thanks!

So what would you expect for $30,000---it has air conditioning, it's a convertible ???
    2015 F3's , two 12 volt power outlets Orange & Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I already have a 2014 RT-L with about $38,000 invested in it. What will I need to do to a 2018; to bring it up to my own strange level of standards?
    In order to figure that out: I just need a bit more information about the new bikes.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default This is where Goldwing lost me

I've owned 28 bikes, mostly Hondas, on my fourth Harley. Every ten years, Honda made a big change to the Wings until about sixteen years ago. They haven't introduced anything major since then. They closed a factory in the US and moved it (factory) back to Japan. Why not build a factory trike and trailer like Can Am does? I know BPR probably doesn't have the resources that HD has but Harley introduced the Rushmore Project and followed that up three years later with a beefed up engine. If Harley would let me put a trailer hitch on my bike and NOT void my warranty, I might keep the Harley. Can Am needs to fix the seat/footrest position on the RT. Putting the Magic Mirror magnets on the mirrors makes sense too. Throw in some mounts and power ports that are plug and play on the handlebars and you've got a good 2018 model. If they're only gonna offer a new color, don't bother.

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

We have a problem...

Thanks!

Why does the new bike sound like an Elio to me?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My guess on buying other "gold" accessories is no they will not be available. These being order only, only limited build I doubt the volume would be there to justify.

I bought a 2003 REV snowmobile. First year it was released and the spring order only X package came with gold anodized spindles. I bent one of the spindles while riding one day. The dealer could not get the spindle part for 2 months (the whole riding season is 3 months if you're lucky)......because it was gold anodized. It's an identical part to the standard aluminum ones on the other REV models (just had the additional anodizing). So, I replaced both the gold ones with the non anodized spindle. Dealer had them in stock. The point is. This limited build, order only stuff can be difficult to get replacement parts for (in this case anything gold and the seat) if you want an exact replacement so I can't imagine there is a specific "gold" accessory line available.

That's my thinking anyway.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quit worrying, Bob, and buy the damned bike!

You're no where near L.A., Bob. But you might start getting a rep in Grahamsville!
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

That vibration damper will fit right on the new unit, Bob! I would not let it go with your trade-in!

Spyder Garage

I thought they were all gold trim. The F3 Limited comes with a gold rack on the trunk. The RT comes with a GPS. I like the gold lower in front on the RT. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default INVESTMENT

I already have a 2014 RT-L with about $38,000 invested in it. What will I need to do to a 2018; to bring it up to my own strange level of standards?
    In order to figure that out: I just need a bit more information about the new bikes.
    Bob if you have $ 38,000 already in your Spyder, you will be very lucky to get $22,000 for it .........imho , it would be a no brainer to get a high quality $3,000 paint job .....Mike

Very Active Member armyspydervet's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Bob if you have $ 38,000 already in your Spyder, you will be very lucky to get $22,000 for it .........imho , it would be a no brainer to get a high quality $3,000 paint job .....Mike
    I'm with Mike. Save your money. These anniversary bikes are gimmicks. I'm sure they are nice, but I doubt there are any differences not already on the current year models. You know what they say, "you can put lipstick on a pig...but it's still a pig." But I guess black and gold lipstick isn't that bad.
    Chris

2016 F3-T SE6

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by armyspydervet View Post
    I'm with Mike. Save your money. These anniversary bikes are gimmicks. I'm sure they are nice, but I doubt there are any differences not already on the current year models. You know what they say, "you can put lipstick on a pig...but it's still a pig." But I guess black and gold lipstick isn't that bad.
    Some have to have the latest and greatest. And some have to be the first. I think that is great, but it is not for me. I waited 7 months after the 2014 RT was introduce before buying one. Saved $5,500. Then I waited nearly 8 months after the hype about the F3T before buying. Saved another $5,500 on that one. I am fine with waiting
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    Some have to have the latest and greatest. And some have to be the first. I think that is great, but it is not for me. I waited 7 months after the 2014 RT was introduce before buying one. Saved $5,500. Then I waited nearly 8 months after the hype about the F3T before buying. Saved another $5,500 on that one. I am fine with waiting
    There's lot to what blacklightning says, Bob. You can get a lot of accessories and "warranty" cover with a saving of $5k if you wait a while after it's released and not order prior to July 2017 .

........or do you want to be the first on the block ???

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red