Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    By the way the guy that posted above you is a one man USA made startup company and he has done very well as a vendor here. Same with Spyderpops and a few more vendors so you can wait till you grow the company or you can take the risk and see if this site will help you grow the company, that's what they did.
    Lamonster, with all due respect, I would like to share my opinion. There is a big difference between selling multiple products, especially at $350 versus carrying a single product for $25. What if I developed a really neat Spyder "gizmo" that everyone just had to have and I wanted to sell it for $9.95, not to make a profit but just to cover my costs? How could I possibly get the word out without having to pay $50 dollars or more a month to advertise it? This will only discourage individuals from developing and sharing potentially great ideas with the rest of the Spyder community.

Spyder Garage

I was looking for something to increase the diameter of my stock grips, reduce vibration, and still retain the heated feature. I found this thread and ordered a set of the grip buddies late Sunday night. I received notice that they shipped Monday with a tracking number, so I hope to have them soon. The price was reasonable and if they work out, I'm going to be a happy camper.
    Last edited by bo9roadking; 05-29-2012 at 09:59 AM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

AdirondackJack - you can add me to the list of people that "found your product" because of this forum, too. I ordered two sets last night. Looks like a great venue when you can make the commitment.
    MODS 2013 - Ultimate, Remote / LED Halos, Pete's Dash kits , Elka's!
    2011 RT A&C-SM5 - Orbital Blue (mine)
    Xenon Lights, Polk speakers (4), 5-LED lamps, fog lights, Sypderpops grills, OGB grips, TIPS and CHANNELZ lights. Seal FLRBDS, Two Brothers Muffler, ZUMO 665 w XM, Gloryders, HMT Brake.
    2012 RT-LTD SE5 -Lava (hers)
    MODS: Spyderpops chrome grills, TIPS and CHANNELZ lights, HMT Brake, Seal FLRBDS, Gloryders, OGB Grips

Spyder Garage

I ordered Monday- They look like they belong on the bike and seem to be much better built than my Grip Puppies and when people try them the "Word will get out!" Your video,s were Great also.

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Just ordered mine not because I really need them but to support entrepreneurs that visit this site and have something we may be interested in! I'm sure I will live them!
    2015 an Am Spyder RT Limited
    2013 Yamaha WR250R - Sold
    2011 Can Am Spyder RT-S SE5 Limited - Sold
    2011 Aspen Sentry Trailer
    2003 BMW K1200LT - Sold
    2007 Unigo Trailer - Sold
    2001 BMW K1200LT - Sold
    2001 Honda 750 NightHawk - sold
    2015 RT Ltd , Canamspyderaccessories Brake pedal ext. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rando View Post
    Lamonster, with all due respect, I would like to share my opinion. There is a big difference between selling multiple products, especially at $350 versus carrying a single product for $25. What if I developed a really neat Spyder "gizmo" that everyone just had to have and I wanted to sell it for $9.95, not to make a profit but just to cover my costs? How could I possibly get the word out without having to pay $50 dollars or more a month to advertise it? This will only discourage individuals from developing and sharing potentially great ideas with the rest of the Spyder community.
    Spyderpops started with one part that was a $20.00 part and he saw the value in placing an ad here and the rest is history. Bores 1 and Alien Arachnid are two more small vendors that are running ad's here so it's not just those who have a $350 product.

As far as promoting a product for $9.95 to other Spyder owners I would suggest ebay for that or one of the other Spyder sites that lets members sell products without a vendor fee.

Running this site is not free even though it's free for you to use. I have a dedicated server for this site and I just sent a $1800 check to my tech that helps keep this thing running the way it does. I'm not even counting the endless hours I put into it. I know of no other site that charges as little as I do for ad space and that is by design. I do my best to make it affordable for the little guy as well and the large vendors. I also screen my vendors and turn down ones that don't have a good reputation so that you guys have quality vendors here to choose from. The rules of the board for vendors are not new and need to be followed to be fair to those who have stepped up to help support this site.

Spyder Garage

Spyderpops started with one part that was a $20.00 part and he saw the value in placing an ad here and the rest is history. Bores 1 and Alien Arachnid are two more small vendors that are running ad's here so it's not just those who have a $350 product.

As far as promoting a product for $9.95 to other Spyder owners I would suggest ebay for that or one of the other Spyder sites that lets members sell products without a vendor fee.

Running this site is not free even though it's free for you to use. I have a dedicated server for this site and I just sent a $1800 check to my tech that helps keep this thing running the way it does. I'm not even counting the endless hours I put into it. I know of no other site that charges as little as I do for ad space and that is by design. I do my best to make it affordable for the little guy as well and the large vendors. I also screen my vendors and turn down ones that don't have a good reputation so that you guys have quality vendors here to choose from. The rules of the board for vendors are not new and need to be followed to be fair to those who have stepped up to help support this site.
    HiYa Lamont !!

Have you ever gone on the site, "johndee.com" ?? Its a snowmobile site that is run similar to this wonderful site. John Dee is a meteorologist that lives up in the UP Michigan. Its a great snowmobile forecast and information site. I think John runs his site pretty much like you do, but he does ask for donations (10 dollars or more through mail or PayPal) to help keep the site running (offset costs). Lamont, if you requested it (donations), I for one would be more than happy to pay. I send John Dee 25 dollars a year. Its worth it to me (great site) and I can only imagine everything you do to keep SpyderLovers running.
    :-) Just had to put my 2 cents in !!!

Tommy J.

And oh !! :-) I just purchased a set of "Grip Buddies" the other day. Can't wait to get them and put-em on !!!
    Last edited by fireplug98; 05-29-2012 at 06:14 PM.
    F3L SE5 Black -- F4 windshield w/wings, Reggie LED headlights, driving lights & Cyclops LED, Ultimate seat, Fox shocks, BajaRon swaybar, Lamont highway centerline pegs & 3rd peg, Lamont belt tensioner, K&N air filter, Baker air wings & cup holder, CanAm hitch.
    2019 F3L , Black

Very Active Member sealfloorboards's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I ordered your grips yesterday. From the response I see, you have a real, viable, product. When I started Seal FloorBoards 2 1/2 yrs ago I took ALL of my savings and put it into a patent, website and advertising on Spyderlovers. I could only afford to make 12 sets of RS's. There was no RT then. It was a very large risk for a man in his late 60's. If you have faith in your vision, hold your nose and jump into the water. SpyderLovers will make your company grow if your product and customer service are first rate. I wish you great success and look forward to watching you dreams come true.

Ride in comfort,

John
    Seal floorBoards

Spyder Garage

Just sent Lamont a PM about making a donation link for us to help out with the site costs. Good idea fireplug88!!!!!
    Marilyn

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DynamoBT View Post
    Just sent Lamont a PM about making a donation link for us to help out with the site costs. Good idea fireplug88!!!!!
    Thanks !!! I'm in !!!!
    It only makes sense, I'm always on this site !!
    Last edited by fireplug98; 05-29-2012 at 06:15 PM.
    F3L SE5 Black -- F4 windshield w/wings, Reggie LED headlights, driving lights & Cyclops LED, Ultimate seat, Fox shocks, BajaRon swaybar, Lamont highway centerline pegs & 3rd peg, Lamont belt tensioner, K&N air filter, Baker air wings & cup holder, CanAm hitch.
    2019 F3L , Black

Spyder Garage

I guess Sponsor fees cover expenses. All the more reason to be consistent about not letting people sell stuff on the site without becoming official sponsors.

I also ordered Grip Buddies because of seeing them here. We are a large buying force to be reconned with.
    Marilyn

Spyder Garage

Default Im ordered mine too!

I ordered a set and they have shipped. Can't wait to get them on.
    J. D.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fireplug98 View Post
    HiYa Lamont !!

Have you ever gone on the site, "johndee.com" ?? Its a snowmobile site that is run similar to this wonderful site. John Dee is a meteorologist that lives up in the UP Michigan. Its a great snowmobile forecast and information site. I think John runs his site pretty much like you do, but he does ask for donations (10 dollars or more through mail or PayPal) to help keep the site running (offset costs). Lamont, if you requested it (donations), I for one would be more than happy to pay. I send John Dee 25 dollars a year. Its worth it to me (great site) and I can only imagine everything you do to keep SpyderLovers running.

Tommy J.

And oh !! :-) I just purchased a set of "Grip Buddies" the other day. Can't wait to get them and put-em on !!!

I have paid for several forums. Most are no where near as well run or as good as this one. So i will make a donation if the link appears. Great work Lamont i do see both sides i run business aswell.

Will be getting some of those buddies aswell.

Josh

Spyder Garage

Just ordered a set. Hope to see you soon as site sponsor.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DynamoBT View Post
    I guess Sponsor fees cover expenses. All the more reason to be consistent about not letting people sell stuff on the site without becoming official sponsors.

I also ordered Grip Buddies because of seeing them here. We are a large buying force to be reconned with.
    Consistency is the key for Teachers to Military leaders to Parents and tends to be self-sufficient?

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Default Just ordered!

I just ordered a set.

@Adirondackjack - The way I count it this one thread in the short time it has been around has just about paid for a years worth of sponsor fees. Hint, hint....I think it MAY be worth a shot to become a legit sponsor!
    Kinggeek
    Mandeville,LA

VERY HAPPY Spyder Ryder!

Where have we been on the Spyder? See below:

Can-Am Spyder ST-S SE5 in Congac

Spyder Garage

Default Boy. . . .the folks on this site are truly a great group of people!

Quote Originally Posted by fireplug98 View Post
    HiYa Lamont !!

Tommy J.

fireplug98-

Definitely count me in to donate to the running of this worthwhile forum. Just let me know when and where and I'd be happy to donate. Just gotta keep within budget.

Best,

Dave R.

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Flight Risk's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rando View Post
    I agree Rando big time..........I also agree that paying a donation to keep this amazing site running is something I would definitely do!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Fliight Risk View Post
    I agree Rando big time..........I also agree that paying a donation to keep this amazing site running is something I would definitely do!

Spyder Garage

I have to agree 100%.
    $50 a month is a steal of a deal for the return you'll get.
    At $24 a set of 'buddies' it would pay for itself with the sale of 1/2 dozen sales.

I've used grip 'puppies' for years and love them. Remove them every winter and switch to Oxford hot wrap grip covers. Once I use up my last pair of puppies I may take a look at the 'buddies'..... But I'm a bit concerned about the reuseability of the adhesive.

Good luck on your new sales adventure and welcome to Spyderlovers!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

Default welcome as a sponsor!

Will be ordering a set as soon as I get my new Spyder..... got to get the paperwork done.
    I'd rather be on 3 wheels, but 18 pays the BILLs!
    We are a two SpYder family!

N1RDH

Spyder Garage

$50.00 per month does not seem like a large fee to pay to become an "offical" sponser. There are enough people on here to keep the business going and cover the costs of advertising the product on an ongoing basis.

I recommend giving it a try. I think you will be pleasantly surprised. There is a little controversy going now--so I recommend pay the fee and sell the product per site rules.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member tofriendscreek's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Not all that comfortable with the way this thread is evolving. I understand the precepts of small business, start-ups, promotions, etc..

I dont feel it's necessary or necessarily prudent to question Lamont's clearly stated, long time policies on "vending" w/out being a sponsor, asking for special standing for someone or putting him in a position where he feels required to defend himself and/or the integrity of the site. In short, it's his business, he operates it fairly and it is of tremendous value to the Spyder community.

In any endeavor it's always tough to make everyone happy. To create a level field and maintain decorum and civility it's important to have concise, comprehensive criteria by which management, users and vendors interact. All businesses started as one person operations. In order to grow the business, investments in time, talent and treasury were made somehow, to some degree, for some duration. Some businesses are more capital intensive than others. Some are financed using the owners' life savings, some have outside investors and/or venture capital opportunities and some simply don't make it at all for a variety of reasons.

It's totally within Lamont's judgment and authority on how to operate SL. If a business wants to profit from the members it ought to be required to pay the going rate. If members want to donate money to SL, fine. If the members want to help a business, one way would be to allow the donated funds to be put aside and used as venture capital or gap financing or whatever to help out a small business pay the costs of doing business on SL. To do otherwise is totally unfair to the businesses that have paid the going rate. Just MHO.
    2022 Plasma Red, F3 Limited, Special Series

MOgang Member & Monster Member

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tofriendscreek View Post
    Not all that comfortable with the way this thread is evolving. I understand the precepts of small business, start-ups, promotions, etc..

I dont feel it's necessary or necessarily prudent to question Lamont's clearly stated, long time policies on "vending" w/out being a sponsor, asking for special standing for someone or putting him in a position where he feels required to defend himself and/or the integrity of the site. In short, it's his business, he operates it fairly and it is of tremendous value to the Spyder community.

In any endeavor it's always tough to make everyone happy. To create a level field and maintain decorum and civility it's important to have concise, comprehensive criteria by which management, users and vendors interact. All businesses started as one person operations. In order to grow the business, investments in time, talent and treasury were made somehow, to some degree, for some duration. Some businesses are more capital intensive than others. Some are financed using the owners' life savings, some have outside investors and/or venture capital opportunities and some simply don't make it at all for a variety of reasons.

It's totally within Lamont's judgment and authority on how to operate SL. If a business wants to profit from the members it ought to be required to pay the going rate. If members want to donate money to SL, fine. If the members want to help a business, one way would be to allow the donated funds to be put aside and used as venture capital or gap financing or whatever to help out a small business pay the costs of doing business on SL. To do otherwise is totally unfair to the businesses that have paid the going rate. Just MHO.

Well said brother. Well said.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tofriendscreek View Post

Agree! - and to both sides take the discussion off the boards please. SpyderLovers is unique and too nice of a place to have a fray business discussion where our opinions are not required for the policies, IMO.
    MODS 2013 - Ultimate, Remote / LED Halos, Pete's Dash kits , Elka's!
    2011 RT A&C-SM5 - Orbital Blue (mine)
    Xenon Lights, Polk speakers (4), 5-LED lamps, fog lights, Sypderpops grills, OGB grips, TIPS and CHANNELZ lights. Seal FLRBDS, Two Brothers Muffler, ZUMO 665 w XM, Gloryders, HMT Brake.
    2012 RT-LTD SE5 -Lava (hers)
    MODS: Spyderpops chrome grills, TIPS and CHANNELZ lights, HMT Brake, Seal FLRBDS, Gloryders, OGB Grips