Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Have to smile and say thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinCT View Post
    Sent mine in today. Don't want to waste any more of my money on BRP.

Don't hold anything back, please express what has been your major complaint/s?

My experiences have so far, been nothing but exemplary.

Not sure this old questionnaire is still valid.

Chas

Spyder Garage

Default new cincinnati area dealer

hey steve.i heard earlier this year that a new dealer is going to open in the cincinnati area. care to comment?
    it was fun while it lasted.

Spyder Garage

Done, thanks Steve

Jeff M.
    2017 F3-Limited
    2009 GS , Iridium Plugs Red

Spyder Garage

Default Heat problems

I have severe heat problems on my 2013 RT and I have sent several e-mails to BRP with no response, My Spyder is just sitting in the garage because it produces too much heat to ride it, I have burned my thighs from heat coming from under the seat and my right leg from the hot air coming from the radiator outlet. I need something done ASAP or I will be getting rid of the Spyder, this is my 2nd Spyder. efrazier3@comcast.net

Spyder Garage

Sent mine in earlier but wanted to Thank Steve for the opportunity. Since I have only had my bike a little over a week and 300 miles. I did pick it up used with just over 1060 miles and 10 months old. The seller didn't say anything bad but really didn't anything other than Spyder ' s are fun to ride. I can agree with that.

Traded in - 2013 RT SE5 Limited - Pearl White
    Mods Mods
    Tri Axis handlebars
    GPS mount for the Tri Axis handlebars
    Ultimate seat with driver backrest
    Driver cup holder
    3rd Brake light -truck
    Spyderpops bumpskid
    Bayaron swaybar with Heim links
    Lidlox

Spyder Garage

I have a 2010 rts and have had a few repairs done to it,either under warrantee or one goodwill.Have been to Oregon and road part of the coast highway,been to Yellowstone park over beartooth pass,been to Colorado and rode up to pikes peak.I have never had the rts give any trouble on the road.I have owned five new gold wings and had my problems with them.In all the time I owned gold wings I have never had the company contact me,but have had at least 4 phone calls from BRP to see how everything was going.Any repairs have been looked after by selling dealer Enns Brothers in portage mb in a reasonable time and repairs done properly the first time.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Just bought a '14 STS and am amazed that BRP don't include a ring wrench for the front suspension!
    This has to be adjusted to cater to each riders individual weight and style so why not include it?

I've had to order one from Ridersville in WV... Ok, its only $11 but still.

Also, having to wait a month for the first oil change is ridiculous!
    Ridersville tell me they're booked solid. Wished I'd known how crap the service was from my local dealer before buying the bike.
    Some of these dealers aren't doing anything to help BRP's sales.

Spyder Garage

Is every Spyder owner getting a survey? I would like to fill one out. I still have my 1st owner group jacket and welcome to the Spyder family packet. Even though I don't have my P. E. anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by wolphspyder View Post
    Thanks Steve...., mine has been sent
    Steve, not sure if you are still reading this old thread but I have a sugestion!
    Since these are touring vehicles , I highly recommend that BRP'S offer a free update of the dealers locations! Several times when I have been traveling across the country, I tried locating a dealer to get service, only to find out they were no longer in business or do not service Spyder anymore. Luckily I have a dealer list, that one of our members developed and so far is accurate!
    Example , was near Kentucky and Ohio border, needed service , your list stated one in Kentucky and one in Virginia. 90 miles away, called the on in Kentucky, no longer in business. Checked the ap on my phone , there was one 10 miles away and was able to get quick service!

Spyder Garage

Love the roadster......need more qualified techs please cya when I cya
    Grandpa Pete
    Peter & Kim Pontinen
    2020 RTL Dark Marsala

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpa Pete View Post
    Love the roadster......need more qualified techs please cya when I cya
    Yes qualified, that means more actual training other than just on the internet.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cuznjohn View Post
    we spoke this morning on the phone, with some of the problems we are having and people loosing the use of their bikes for days or even a week or more i personally think BRP should tell the dealers to give us a loaner bike to use when our bikes are held up for warranty work
    I think that BRP should tell the dealers to give us a loaner if our spyders are in the shop longer than what the dealer has promised us. Deanna777
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Deanna777 View Post
    I think that BRP should tell the dealers to give us a loaner if our spyders are in the shop longer than what the dealer has promised us. Deanna777
    My dealer used to but discontinued that in 2011. They have had my 2014 since Wednesday fixing the wonky frunk release/key twist issue. They broke the cable when replacing the key mechanism, ordered a new cable (next day air) on Wednesday. Yep, its still sitting in Kentucky (per the service manager). So now, they are going to temporarily put my back together so we can go on our trip tomorrow--but it now means another trip back to the dealer when the cable finally arrives.

Lately, I am afraid that a customer policy like that would become a very expensive proposition for the dealers. How about $200 per hour service time.

My overall experience from 2008 until present has mostly been good--otherwise I would not have owned 5 different 's in that time. Dealership experience for all but the last two seasons has been great. The mechanics are good, but have developed the "lets keep it in the shop for a long time" scenario. Non-stocking of essential parts is the other issue. I do not have the luxury of going to a different dealer. One other is owned by the same company and the third is worse than the others.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 08-23-2014 at 12:37 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Steve:

Thanks for giving us the opportunity to tell you our concerns about our spyders.

Mine was sent a few minutes ago. Deanna777
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Yazz View Post
    It was a "Feel Good" to tell my story to BRP......
    I sent mine in The bikes have been great the dealer @#$^&*^#

Spyder Garage

Default My wife loves her ST Limited

We traded our 2009 RS in on a 2013 ST Limited in June. We bought it from Loiselle Sports in Embrun and we can't say enough good things about them especially, our salesman Rob. He treated my wife like gold and even before we were thinking of buying they always treated us great.

At first my wife was not really liking the new seating position but she now loves it and prefers it to the RS. Unfortunately, we didn't get out as much as we wanted to because of the weather and the heat of the panels on hot days. But, with an email to you Steve, the panels are being replaced on Monday and that has made my wife even happier. Just in time for our trip to Spyderquest.

She will ride this one for a number of years and eventually trade it for another ST or whatever else you may have. I doubt it would be on a F3, she is not liking the new look. But you never know once she sees it in real life.

Spyder Garage

IMG_2255.jpgYP 1109.jpgIMG_0028.jpgI started with a RS in 2009 - I'm a big/tall guy and could never get really comfortable on it. I had the recall work done on the DPS, and the dealer messed the first download up, yielding the dreaded limp mode at 70mph on the freeway home. That was repaired by the dealer and the bike ran well and never had another problem.

Sold the RS & bought a 2010 RT from an owned in NH, and had it shipped to OR, using a NH dealer to check out the bike, and act as the shipper. It arrived in OR without a problem, but the dealer that had worked on the RS, had gone belly up. I tried the Portland dealer, even after having issues with their sales folks over the RS, and was given unacceptable service support. Luckily the dealer that I actually bought my RS from (not the servicing dealer), set up a Spyder dealer in Longview, WA - about 70 miles away. That dealer's service was A++++ in all respects, just too far away, for my comfort.

We toured with the RT all over western Canada and the US, and it never let me down. Lots of mods were made to it, in an attempt to get better fuel economy, and some success was realized.

The 2010 RT was sold in 10/13, to get away from the long distance to get decent service, and a rising concern on the negative impact on the 2013 model, and the unknown issues with the upcoming 2014.

In June 2014, a top rated (for other brands) dealer picked up the Spyder line, and went after the business with serious intent. After test riding the new 2014s, and following the threads on SpyderLovers, I purchased a new 2014 RT this month. I have put about 400 miles on it, so far, and will be doing a 400 mile trip tomorrow. So far, all of the issues and concerns I had with the 2010 seem to have been addressed.

So far, I am very impressed with the 2014, and am looking forward to some serious road work.
    Last edited by Dragonrider; 08-22-2014 at 11:01 PM.
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

GOS member (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

Default My Spyder story

I've sent an email via that link

Spyder Garage

Default New owner of second spyder

Had a an RS and did all the mods to redirect the hot air with little success. Sold it and got a C5 Corvette. Been riding for 58 years. Got the Spyder for my better half, but she loved the Spyder and hated the heat. Sold my Road King because we got hit twice in two months in our cars by texters. Figured the bike was next! After six months, my wife made me buy the 14 RT Limited. (Bossy wife). I like everything about it except that it wallows in hard cornering. Hope Bilstein makes shocks fro it. Also will be looking for front tires with stiffer sidewalls. REASON FOR SPYDER: If I have to make drastic maneuvers to avoid a texting cage driver, I won't end up on my side with a bike on top of me. AND the Spyder stops in half the distance of any bike I've ever had.
    UPDATE: just upped my front tire pressure to 20 psi from the 5 psi with which it was delivered! Can't wait for tonight's ride!!!
    Last edited by mtdoragary; 08-26-2014 at 03:09 PM.
    3:16