Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    I have 2 friends in Las Vegas with 2013 STs one contacted BRP and his dealer and he got a case # from BRP but the dealer was asked to "reflash his ECM and check something else" the other, got a case # from BRP and his dealer was able to order the parts with no further checking. Two different dealers, two different answers. But both will get the panels and that is the important thing. I took a heat reading on the panels on one of the STs on Sunday when he got to my house and it read 166 - way too hot.
    My heat reading before the panels below ... along with some pics of the shielding I had added. Not all dealers are created equal. I worked through BRP
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JacqueTanis View Post
    My heat reading before the panels below ... along with some pics of the shielding I had added. Not all dealers are created equal. I worked through BRP
    We had already wrapped his pipes so that may have cooled his off a little. Also, he had been at my house for about 5 minutes when I took the readings. Way too hot!
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JacqueTanis View Post
    I would contact brp.care@brp.com and talk to them. My BRP Care Rep is the one who contacted my dealer, made all the arrangements, even set up for when I would bring it in. I'm not sure how they are doing it now but I do know your case number should be conn ected to your VIN number and easily accessible by your dealer and BRP.
    Thanks!

Spyder Garage

Default 2013 replacement panels

Went to my dealer last Saturday to inquire about new panels, they were not aware. Sent email to BRP care that afternoon. Recvd response Monday AM with a case number. Followed up with dealer yesterday and new panels on order, should have them by the end of the week. No inspection of my ST by the dealer and no questions asked. I did advise the dealer that I had pics of temp readings that showed 175 plus after sitting for 5 plus minutes. They didn't even ask to see them BTW, I copied my dealer on all emails. Good customer service, but had to be initiated through BRP care.

My thanks to Squared Away for making me aware of the replacement panels, they do great work!
    Last edited by Bubba ST; 08-20-2014 at 07:29 AM.

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders) flamingobabe's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    I have 2 friends in Las Vegas with 2013 STs one contacted BRP and his dealer and he got a case # from BRP but the dealer was asked to "reflash his ECM and check something else" the other, got a case # from BRP and his dealer was able to order the parts with no further checking. Two different dealers, two different answers. But both will get the panels and that is the important thing. I took a heat reading on the panels on one of the STs on Sunday when he got to my house and it read 166 - way too hot.
    the re-flash is because sometimes it doesn't completely download....BRP at Spyderfest re-flashed mine because they found it was not completely downloaded.....

#IamARyder #RideASpyder #CanAmSpyder

Spyder Garage

EMailed before (like 3 or 4 months ago) they sent me to dealer without more interaction.
    Emailed them again, and they asked for VIN and dealer info, got a case number and was told to wait for my dealer to contact me, does that sound like the way it is working for the people that worked already?

Should I follow up with dealer?

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders) flamingobabe's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by zavalza View Post
    EMailed before (like 3 or 4 months ago) they sent me to dealer without more interaction.
    Emailed them again, and they asked for VIN and dealer info, got a case number and was told to wait for my dealer to contact me, does that sound like the way it is working for the people that worked already?

Should I follow up with dealer?
    follow up with dealer and brp

#IamARyder #RideASpyder #CanAmSpyder

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by flamingobabe View Post
    follow up with dealer and brp
    Definitely Follow up with both. Be persistent ...

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks BRP

Good morning All. My first post. I bought my wife a 2013 ST-S last year. No real heat problems till this Summer. All service bulletins up to date. After reading this thread, I sent an e-mail to BRP care. They said they had a solution and to contact my dealer ( St.Onge ). Saw the dealer Saturday...call last night...the panels are in . Dropping spyder off Saturday.

Thanks to BRP and this forum.

Spyder Garage

Smile Getting mine too!

Got a case number a few weeks back, my dealer said he called BRP in response, and left a message for a return call. I was out of town a while and today I finally had a chance to follow up - first with the dealer, who looked up my case number and said nothing new was on it. Then I sent an email to BRP to please call my dealer with instructions. Within 20 minutes I received a response back from BRP who told me to have my dealer check my case again. They had just made another entry that "has all of the information he needs". I called the dealer back, he looked up the case again, and said, "yes, it has everything I need", and he ordered the panels. Then he told me "we do not make a habit of this, but because of the aggravation you have gone through, we will do it". I just shook my head, and wanted to say, 'yes I know you don't make a habit of pleasing your customers...'. Anyway, no one has said anything to me about warranty coverage, but they just made it sound like BRP was going to do it for me and the dealer was begrudgingly going along with it. I just found it odd that neither party told me what the message to the dealer was.... Either way, I am very happy to be getting them - can't wait!

For those with no luck so far....Whoever mentioned persistence earlier - I will echo that. If I had not followed up nothing would have happened. Keep trying.

Spyder Garage

Default Kudos!

Kudos to my dealer, Dee's Marine and Steve M. and BRP Customer Care! Plus a thanks again to all here that have helped, I was just reimbursed for my payment to purchase the panels! Happier customer here if anyone is listening!

I have a Question though, to all those with the new panels.
    Have you noticed any real difference during "in town"/non long distance riding? I have not. The forward tip of the rear panel, ( the one not replaced on the side ) where it mates to the one that was replaced, ( the one with the decal ) gets very hot! I hope I'm just imaging this but I don't remember such a singular hot spot before. I felt like It was more spread out on both panels. But now it's almost like the joint line between the two panels separates the heat too!
    What has your experience been?

Spyder Garage

Mine was a combination of things I did so not sure how much "just" the panels do.

I got a call from my dealer 2 days after my email to BRP, they needed further info?

Not sure why since I didn't buy my panels from them nor did they install them?

Said they were handling my reimbursement?

That was yesterday. Waiting...

Spyder Garage

Default New Panels Have Arrived

I received a call from my dealer today that my new panels for my 2013 ST-S have arrived (only took two days) and I'm having them installed next week. It's being covered under the warranty so no no cost to me.
    The WildBat - 2017 Can-Am Spyder F3-L
    Little Bre - 2013 Can-Am Spyder ST-S
    Phantom 2.0 - My SuperSpyder. 2008 Can-Am Spyder SM5

Spyder Garage

The panels for my wife's STL are in as well and are getting installed on Monday morning. She is one happy camper.

Spyder Garage

Default I called Jerry- my salesman

Called Jerry yesterday told him I talked to service and they told me I would have to come in and check the bike and was told they knew nothing about change out- even tho I had a case #. I asked him what he knew about changing out the panels under warranty- he said he wasn't aware but he would check. I got a call from him today , he told me they are ordered and will be put on under warranty when I bring my bike in for service on Sept 8th- I appreciate that he stepped up and helped out! He's the MAN!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by golfsferr View Post
    Kudos to my dealer, Dee's Marine and Steve M. and BRP Customer Care! Plus a thanks again to all here that have helped, I was just reimbursed for my payment to purchase the panels! Happier customer here if anyone is listening!

Have you noticed any real difference during "in town"/non long distance riding? I have not. The forward tip of the rear panel, ( the one not replaced on the side ) where it mates to the one that was replaced, ( the one with the decal ) gets very hot! I hope I'm just imaging this but I don't remember such a singular hot spot before. I felt like It was more spread out on both panels. But now it's almost like the joint line between the two panels separates the heat too!

I've noticed the same thing. The new panels are always cool to the touch, but the area you are talking about(left side) gets hot. I also feel like there is hot air blowing out on my ankle there. Feel like the new air coming through the new panel is blowing the heat down to that area, where most of it gets trapped.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hulksdaddy View Post
    I've noticed the same thing. The new panels are always cool to the touch, but the area you are talking about(left side) gets hot. I also feel like there is hot air blowing out on my ankle there. Feel like the new air coming through the new panel is blowing the heat down to that area, where most of it gets trapped.
    That is interesting. I thought I read somewhere on spyderlovers where some have cut a hole underneath to let air out. I'm not sure where that would be but if someone knows more about that please tell.

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=SNOOPY;861963]Mine was a combination of things I did so not sure how much "just" the panels do.

Please tell us the other things done!

Spyder Garage

I took my ST in yesterday to have the updates done and told them my evap. canister had some burned spots and indications of starting to melt and could he please give me a case #, that the panels were very hot and it was very uncomfortable to ride.
    Today he called me to tell me they had only approved replacing the right side panel. Well, that's going to look really nice, 2 mismatched side panels.
    Tomorrow I will contact BRP Care with my case # and try to explain things a little differently, like the air box resonator that is completely blocking any air from getting in to the left side, hot gas cap, boiling gas, my burning left knee and wifes left foot.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by capt.jim View Post
    I took my ST in yesterday to have the updates done and told them my evap. canister had some burned spots and indications of starting to melt and could he please give me a case #, that the panels were very hot and it was very uncomfortable to ride.
    Today he called me to tell me they had only approved replacing the right side panel. Well, that's going to look really nice, 2 mismatched side panels.
    Tomorrow I will contact BRP Care with my case # and try to explain things a little differently, like the air box resonator that is completely blocking any air from getting in to the left side, hot gas cap, boiling gas, my burning left knee and wifes left foot.
    RUN to a different dealer. That one has their heads up their asses.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by golfsferr View Post

My experience has been similar to yours. The new panels seem to have moved the heat from the seat / thigh area to the calf area. After a brief ride, the lower panel will be 162 degrees. While riding, I have to keep my leg away from the panel. I still love my Spyder. I have 10,000 miles on it, but it is hot.

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=golfsferr;862064]
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOOPY View Post
    Mine was a combination of things I did so not sure how much "just" the panels do.

Please tell us the other things done!

Do you not read other threads?

JT filter, removal of all factory intake/resonator, 2" holes in bottom plastic covers (or remove), ECM update at dealer, added heatshield on many panels and gas tank, wrapped exhaust pipes...

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=SNOOPY;862135][QUOTE=golfsferr;862064]

Do you not read other threads?

I could have said the same thing to you when you asked for BRP customer care email and phone numbers!

Spyder Garage

, removal of all factory intake/resonator
    .[/QUOTE]

dare I ask you to explain this one more or please point me to the thread

Weissenbrunn, OberFranken, Bayern, Germany
    Spyder Garage

Default Nice customization for your STL!

Quote Originally Posted by NZSpyderRyder View Post
    I'm dealing with them too, they have given me a case number and advised me to visit my selling dealer so they can confirm that it is "running hotter than normal". It's winter at the moment here so the spyder is running cooler, but still hot around the gas cap, maybe I'll wait until it goes up in flames.
    Bought the new 2014 panels in March in California through a Can-Am dealer there. Built them in with a friend, and they do help in keeping the heat away from the upper panels, but I still get heat around the right anke, not so much that it bothers me but it is there despite the air vent panels. I had to buy them in black as they didn't carry them at that time in the pearl white of my machine, but I must admit I like the contrast. Bought the Can-Am decals in white and it looks cool. Hope you get yours for free my friend. I ended up putting out over $650.00. Wanted to ask you about some of your customization. Can you fill me in, or better yet, send a picture of what you have done to your wheels, and also the carbon work? Not familiar with some of the things you have done to your beast! Best from Bavaria! Rick