Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Under $10,000 Spyder

People were talking Can-Am was going to release a under $10,000.00 Spyder for 2019.

Has anyone herd anything yet???

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

We're waiting to see what pops up...
    There was some talk about the Can Am "Spyke".
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

The engineering and quality control of their very expensive products is so poor I can't imagine a "Yugo" version.

Spyder Garage

RE: Yugo version--I am thinking BRP would not be willing to do something that dumb. If they do that, you can kiss the Spyder line goodbye. I remember when Yugo's first came out. The Oldsmobile dealer in Duluth picked up the line. They had them for a whole three months or so--and then they were quietly GONE.

The new BRP version is supposed to bring a lot of younger people into the market. Currently, the whole motorcycle industry is having a problem selling even in the $10K - $15K areas. Gold Wing seems to be doing good with their re-do at $23K - $25K. HD has some serious problems with their new $40K price points. At this point in time, not only NO, but HECK no.

I have adopted the wait and see mode. At current rates, I can get another 10 years or so out of each Spyder, if I have to.

September - October is going to be interesting for sure.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSpyder View Post
    The engineering and quality control of their very expensive products is so poor I can't imagine a "Yugo" version.
    They did well with the Spark PWC, I don’t see why an entry level Spyder wouldn’t do well.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Some folks wouldn't be happy; even if you beat them with a brand-new baseball bat...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Using my decades of "investigative training and experience"..........................I have detected a note mild sarcasm in your post.

And.........................speaking of Yugos; if BRP surprises us with an econo version of a Spyder" for the younger, and fiscally prudent set...................it would behoove owners of them who might be riding in my neck of the woods to be mindful of prevailing wind conditions.

https://www.tctimes.com/news/remembe...1deb9664f.html

Just sayin'..................................
    Last edited by Flanker; 07-12-2018 at 02:54 PM.

2018 F3 S, BRP SS Grill, Spoiler, Attitude Bars, #1 linkage kit, Chopped R Fender, TBR S1R slip On exhaust, Elka Stage 2 R Shock, Shad saddlebags

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Wow, nice attitude! I bet you are a Dodger Fan too!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Lots of speculation but few facts on this. 600-900cc range, 60ish HP, 300 KG, no storage?

I can't see how this can be anythng other than a twist and go scooter style spyder, utilising a drive train from a can-am ATV.

My wife likes the sound of it anyway.
    | 2015 F3-S | Heated Grips | USB Ports | RAM X-Grip | RT Sway Bar | '2 Up' Rear Shock | SHAD Bag Kit | Oxford Aqua 50 Dry Bag | BRP Rider Backrest |

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The only 'Yugo' version of anything has been a Yugo, and the market pretty much rejected that.

This is a SpyderLovers forum; why are you so down on Spyder engineering and QC?
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JAS POWER View Post
    People were talking Can-Am was going to release a under $10,000.00 Spyder for 2019. Has anyone herd anything yet???
    No. Why does it matter?
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The sub 10K spyder is currently called Project S, to be unveiled sept this year.

Why does it matter ? Just think - a popularly priced spyder - even if less cc - might just sell very well - lots of new riders, some who would never contemplate two wheels. If it's a real hit, just think of the expanded dealer network we shall all benefit from! Not to mention longevity of the spyder brand itself...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    No. Why does it matter?
    Just curious really. The idea is very appealing

I've been shopping around for another 2 wheeled toy, and love my Spyder a lot, thinking maybe I should wait and see what this Spyder maybe like, before I pull the trigger on another 2 wheeled toy.

I see only positives with BRP's idea

Spyder Garage

There are many ways to cut costs on a Spyder without jeopardizing quality control in my opinion.

My expensive (to me) RSS has been a great machine so far, very happy with the quality, & engineering. Every company has few rotten apples!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by loisk View Post
    The sub 10K spyder is currently called Project S, to be unveiled sept this year.

Why does it matter ? Just think - a popularly priced spyder - even if less cc - might just sell very well - lots of new riders, some who would never contemplate two wheels. If it's a real hit, just think of the expanded dealer network we shall all benefit from! Not to mention longevity of the spyder brand itself...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboymorton View Post
    Lots of speculation but few facts on this. 600-900cc range, 60ish HP, 300 KG, no storage?

I can't see how this can be anythng other than a twist and go scooter style spyder, utilising a drive train from a can-am ATV.

My wife likes the sound of it anyway.

Twist and go style is just about all I need

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman2013 View Post
    They did well with the Spark PWC, I don’t see why an entry level Spyder wouldn’t do well.
    I thought the same thing, and no quality issues with those that I have herd of.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JAS POWER View Post
    Just curious really. The idea is very appealing

I've been shopping around for another 2 wheeled toy, and love my Spyder a lot, thinking maybe I should wait and see what this Spyder maybe like, before I pull the trigger on another 2 wheeled toy.

I see only positives with BRP's idea
    Makes sense. I've been contemplating a Honda Ridgeline as a replacement for both my other aging cars. While having my Xterra serviced I was approached by a salesman about trading it in on a Frontier pickup truck. I laughed and told him that's the last mid-sized pickup I'd ever buy. But then he told me the 2019 model is getting a complete makeover to compete with the Ridgeline. Now I'm all jazzed to learn all I can about it.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Makes sense. I've been contemplating a Honda Ridgeline as a replacement for both my other aging cars. While having my Xterra serviced I was approached by a salesman about trading it in on a Frontier pickup truck. I laughed and told him that's the last mid-sized pickup I'd ever buy. But then he told me the 2019 model is getting a complete makeover to compete with the Ridgeline. Now I'm all jazzed to learn all I can about it.
    Exactly, every since I caught wind of this Spyder it's been in the my head with the other stuff. The worst is waiting on something that is a huge let down, or it gets pushed back another year

Spyder Garage

Well they can do it- I have had 13 BRP Jet skies from 89-2014. 255 Supercharged and Now a 2014 Spark 90 Hp That Sips Gas- I get 3 hours at 50 mph for about 6 gallons on the Spark and it will Keep up with a 255 Supercharged ski up until about 35 MPH! My 255 would use 15 Gallons in about 2 hours? There is a Big market for something Capable of 85 MPH with good acceleration and simple paddle shifting today and storage is NOT a big demand for most- I have 70,000 miles on 3 different Spyders and never left My state once.
    I will be interested to see what happens?

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

I found the best way to learn about a vehicle I'm interested in is to rent one while on vacation. I rented a 2 door Jeep Wrangler, Sahara JK, and automatic with 8 miles on it. When I brought it back, it had over 6000. I've decided on the JL version. Now, back on topic. My 2008 GS, SM5 has treated me well. I'll run it until it runs no more, and then I'm done, and will stick to 4 wheels.

Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

And, of course the Spyder Aftermarket Fabricators can pretty much make anything better!!

Spyder Garage

I recall riding my Spyder to work early on. Lots of interest, & curiosity, particularly in the younger crowd. As soon as you get to the price point, they tend to walk away. An entry level just might be that hook
    2017 F3-L Intense red "Wings"
    Spyderpops Spyclops Light
    Tric LED Headlights and Fog lights
    Madstad Windshield
    Phoenix - Wrap My Spyder
    Lamonster Highway Pegs
    BajaRon Sway Bar
    Rich's Custom Seats
    2017 F3-L , Red/Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman2013 View Post
    Totally different products. Totally different buyer expectations.

Spyder Garage

I think the more Spyders BRP gets into the market, better and more service dealers will crop up. Hope so.......
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi