Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by brooksdk View Post
    Where and how does everyone secure the bell on their Spyder?
    Usually secure with non-corrodible wire at any of the lowest points on the bike.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Well I sure don't use a zip tie. A simple metal ring-- like for keys -- will keep the electrons flowing. And as low as safe ( or even lower )

Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ride2GetHigh View Post
    Right after getting my Yamaha Royal Star Venture I got myself a guardian bell. It's been said that it's only half as good if you buy it yourself but for the last 66k+ miles it's done a great job for me. No accidents, never dropped the bike and I could always see it hanging there while riding. Today I took it off the Yamaha to put on my new Spyder.
    THE BELL WORKED but is it still good???
    Happy Travels.......
    Yes, it does. I had mine moved from a Kawasaki, to a Goldwing, then a Slingshot and now proudly on my Spyder. Kept me safe and will do you too....
    2018 RT Limited "Blondie"

Spyder Garage

I have secured wiith mini hose clamps and a metal clamp around the tie rod,one one each side.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

And the pastor asked one of the congregation why he hadn't been in church the previous Sunday.

The devoted bike rider said the weather was fantastic and he figured it be better out riding and thinking about God instead of sitting in the pew thinking about riding....

Ride Safe...

That is very well said.
    Every time I ride it feels like a religious experience.
    Monique,
    2016 F3t pearl white
    Ultimate driver back rest
    12v power outlet for batt. tender
    Doc Humphries' vibration damper
    factory floorboards
    added topcase

Very Active Member redneck diva's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

i have one that i ride with that is actually a memorial urn as well. a good friend passed away & he always said he *watching over me* when we all rode. so now he is watching over me from heaven.

also here is the story of the bell.

The Legend of the Gremlin Bells

June 18, 2016
    Also known as the legend of the Ride Bells or Legend of the Guardian Bells.

The story is told of an old grey bearded biker who, late one night, was headed home from a road trip to Mexico. In his saddlebags were gifts and trinkets for the kids that lived at the orphanage where he worked.
    As he rode alone in the cool desert air, he felt blessed for his own life, the children at the home, his biker friends and most importantly his bike, that had never let him down.
    He had spent many a mile on the highway with this bike and the two had formed a bond, as only bikers can understand.
    As he rumbled along the high desert, the full moon lighted up the sky and silhouettes of the cactus cast eerie shadows along the desert floor, the old graybeard was unaware that a few miles up the road awaited a nasty little group of road gremlins, intent on its next victim.
    Road gremlins are evil little creatures that leave obstacles in your path- old mufflers, pieces of rubber, boxes, diesel fuel, and unexplained objects you never see that cause a tire to go flat or a chain or belt to break.
    They also chase animals and deer into the path of unsuspecting bikers.
    Road gremlins sole purpose is to make a biker crash...adding notches to their little belts. They are evil and nasty little pieces of creation.
    As the biker rounded the curve, the road gremlins ambushed him with everything they had, causing him to crash and skid. He awoke in the ditch, barely alive. Nearby was one of his saddlebags that had ripped off his bike.
    The biker lay there, helpless and unable to move as the road gremlins began moving in to finish him off. The old graybeard wasn’t going to give up easily and started throwing things from the saddlebag at them. Finally, he had nothing left to throw but a tiny bell and he started ringing it.....not knowing if it would help, but he wanted to die thinking of the children at the home he would be leaving behind.

Surprisingly the sound of the tinkling bell seemed to confuse the gremlins, and they paused in their attack. The old biker was encouraged, but he was still in a bad way. He didn't know how long the bell would keep the gremlins away, and the gremlins were between him and his bike with no way for him to make a fast getaway.
    Not far away, two other bikers coincidentally had just stopped to make camp for the night. They were unaware of the crash, as they had been riding 30 miles or so behind the old biker and stopped before the curve of the crash site. As they dismounted, they heard the bell ringing and ringing. Thinking that was an odd thing to hear in the middle of the desert, they quickly went to investigate.
    They came upon the old biker in the ditch with the gremlins surrounding him. With a vengeance, and without concern for their own safety, the two bikers attacked the gang of road gremlins, killing several and scaring off the rest.
    The old biker was grateful for their help and offered money to his saviors, but they refused to accept any payment. The old biker wanted to show his gratitude and wouldn’t let the two bikers leave without something for their good deed. The old biker cut off two pieces of leather from his saddlebags tassels and tied a bell to each piece. He then attached the bells to the two bikers bikes as close to the ground as possible.
    The old biker then told his new friends that with those bells attached to their bikes, they would be protected from the road gremlins and if they were ever in trouble, to ring the bell and a fellow biker would come to their aid.
    So whenever you see a biker with a bell you’ll know that he has been blessed with the most important thing in life — friendship from a fellow biker.
    Others believe gremlins live on motorcycles because they love to ride and are the cause of most bikers’ problems, like when the tires go flat, the horn won’t work or any several hundreds of things that can go wrong.
    Evil road spirits can’t live near a bell because they get trapped in the hollow of the bell. Their hearing is hypersensitive so the constant ringing in a confined space drives them insane. They lose their grip and eventually fall onto the roadway. That is how potholes are formed.
    If you buy your own bell, the magic will still work but if you receive one as a gift from a friend or a loved one the magic is doubled because out there somewhere you have a friend looking out for you.
    If you steal a bell from a biker, you steal all the gremlins and the evil that comes with them. It is ill-advised that you steal a bell, the consequences could be dire.
    Redneck Diva

Member of the Southern Cruisers Riding Club Chapter #213--
    Central Georgia
    Proud PGR rider

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default I hope so

Mine has been on 6 different bikes
    over the years

Right after getting my Yamaha Royal Star Venture I got myself a guardian bell. It's been said that it's only half as good if you buy it yourself but for the last 66k+ miles it's done a great job for me. No accidents, never dropped the bike and I could always see it hanging there while riding. Today I took it off the Yamaha to put on my new Spyder.
    THE BELL WORKED but is it still good???
    Happy Travels.......

Spyder Garage

Good thing I ran across this thread. Need to install my bell.
    ----
    Joe

2023 F3

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bigmo View Post
    Yes, it does. I had mine moved from a Kawasaki, to a Goldwing, then a Slingshot and now proudly on my Spyder. Kept me safe and will do you too....
    Big call, Bigmo. Try walking into a bike wreckers some time. The number of write offs with gremlin bells still attached is staggering. But then, I have had 5 black cats cross my path, have walked under many ladders, have survived many Black Fridays and have not experienced any incidents either

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rays hell View Post
    That is very well said.
    Every time I ride it feels like a religious experience.

Hay Ray:

Honestly, I don't have a religious experience when ryding the. The V-Max , on the other hand....................... was designed by the devil himself.

Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow