Thread: Interesting

Spyder Garage

Default Interesting

Very Active Member BoilerAnimal's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I just read about that on USA TODAY's website. I personally feel that this might be one of those decisions that could come back to bite them. HARD. If gas prices reach or surpass the highest levels of a few years ago, people will be looking for vehicles that will ease the pain they will feel when filling up.

I know that I cringed when it came time to fill my 2007 F-150 4x4 with a 38 gallon capacity tank. It was not fun paying over a $100 to drive a vehicle that only got 15 MPG. I loved that truck but it loved gas more.............so I got rid of it. Sold my camper and traded my F-150 for a Nissan Frontier. First foreign vehicle I ever had. It's also been a good truck. But it's still not as good as my gas guzzling Ford.

I remember people trying to find a fuel efficient car (or truck) and being shocked at the prices of well used ones. Ford better have some impressive fuel economy figures to go with their new vehicles, as well as affordable prices, or they and any company that follows their lead may end up without customers. Wouldn't be the first time that a car maker made a bad decision, or three.

I guess their memory is no better than John Q. Public when it comes to past experiences.
    On the road again...........and forever young!

2013 RT-S SE 5

Yesterday is a cancelled check.
    Tomorrow is a promissory note.
    Today is cash.......spend it wisely.

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Gas prices are rising rapidly in Las Vegas - $3.22 gallon for regular today. I know i would not want to be filling up a truck at those prices.

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

what about lincoln?

Spyder Garage

Default What about NASCAR options

Quote Originally Posted by SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN View Post
    what about lincoln?
    Ford spokesperson said in article "identified Lincoln as a low-performing area but Shanks said sales are growing and the brand is not in jeopardy."
    And I think of most SUV's as cars, so they're not dropping those, just most of the sedan style cars..... Ah HA,
    Fusion midsize car, Taurus large car, CMax hybrid compact and Fiesta are on the chopping block. WHAT will FORD use for NASCAR? Mustang's?
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Default Well....

It's all about the money....what sells and where it sells best. What we have here is too many models and sizes and as a wise old business man once told me (My grandfather) give people too many choices and they will buy nothing or go to where they have to decide between two...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

It is going to be interesting to see if others of the "big three" join in. I have not bought a "car" since the late 90's (Dodge Intrepid). Since then, it has been all SUV types. Subaru Forester, Outback, Tribeca.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I am a supplier of fixtured tooling for automotive assembly plants. This does not surprise me at all, in fact I expect others to follow. I do not see others doing away with all sedans but many for sure. The profit margins have been declining for compact to midsize sedans for the past 7 years, so much so that often times projects to upgrade the manufacturing process on the assembly lines producing these units get curbed because that particular car doesn't have enough profit margin to allow for the upgrade. The manufacturer looks at each individual model as a separate business line so to speak.

The small SUV market has destroyed the car market. The Nissan plant that I call on produces the Nissan rogue and it has topped the Altima in sales for the past 2 years. Altima had been the number 1 selling Nissan product for a decade almost. The Murrano is not for behind.

Either way very interesting times in the Automotive world.
    17 F3 Limited (Pearl White), Sena 10C intercom, X Grip iPhone mount, IPS key, spyder to go cup holder, Lamonster Highway Center Lane, TricLED engine lights, TricLED night rider, LS2 Helmets, Lamonster Bypass pipe, 2 Brothers Exhaust, mirror relocator kit, Bluetooth radio module, OEM Backrest, Rear LED Light Kit

2017 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DGoebel View Post
    ...WHAT will FORD use for NASCAR? Mustang's?
    Yes. https://www.nascar.com/news-media/20...eries-in-2019/
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BoilerAnimal View Post
    I personally feel that this might be one of those decisions that could come back to bite them. HARD..
    Remember, Ford is the company that several years ago said it would not boost production for a probable short term jump in demand. They were willing to sell all their inventory and let others pick up the excess demand. And also, Ford did not participate in the automobile industry bailout. That says a lot about their marketing acumen. Don't sell them short!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)