Hybrid View

Ride Forrest Ride!
    Spyder Garage

Sorry to have to say, when leaving Fort Lauderdale yesterday morning, I got 3 Limp modes within 45 minutes while running to get on the Fl Turnpike for the ride home. Luckly I did not have any problems on the turnpike but I did not turn off the bike to get gas for the return home.
    Hopefully, next week parts will arrive and I will get all fixed up. This Limp stuff is getting OLD.

PS:
    I was informed that I had two throttle bodies installed at WPS in Clearwater, so the count is 5 throttle bodies, 1 OEM, and 4 replacements. However I did not recall the 2nd one at WPS maybe they went ahead and installed i while the spyder was in for service one day.
    Last edited by effgjamis; 02-24-2012 at 08:38 PM.

Spyder Garage

You have a large set of To get on the TP knowing limp mode is going to strike
    Rewaco RF-1 GT

Inline 4 cylinder Ford Zetec with multi-port fuel inject, 140 HP
    0-60mph: 5.8 seconds
    5 speed sync manual with reverse, mechanical dry clutch.
    Front suspension: Trapezoidal fork with center spring
    Rear suspension: Independent with Bilstein gas shock absorbers
    Brake System: Grimeca calipers, linked ventilated discs, with booster
    10.57 gallons

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by effgjamis View Post
    Sorry to have to say, when leaving Fort Lauderdale yesterday morning, I got 3 Limp modes within 45 minutes while running to get on the Fl Turnpike for the ride home. Luckly I did not have any problems on the turnpike but I did not turn off the bike to get gas for the return home.
    Hopefully, next week parts will arrive and I will get all fixed up. This Limp stuff is getting OLD.

PS:
    I was informed that I had two throttle bodies installed at WPS in Clearwater, so the count is 5 throttle bodies, 1 OEM, and 4 replacements. However I did not recall the 2nd one at WPS maybe they went ahead and installed i while the spyder was in for service one day.
    what parts are being replaced now?

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator
    Spyder Garage

... so the count is 5 throttle bodies, 1 OEM, and 4 replacements.

Ride Forrest Ride!
    Spyder Garage

It is Monday and Guess What?

More Limp Modes with Check Engne, 4 in all this evening after having dinner at Red Lobster.. It is just wonderfull of the safety that the Limp mode gives especially when I wanted to get home before the rain got me wet, but, no such luck, liquid sunshine caught up with me.
    Isn't riding a . just wonderfull... Wow... I can't hardly wait for the next outing.

The good news is ... Suposedly, CPS has ordered the parts, dand BRP has shipped them.. I will know tomorrow as I will call CPS for the status of pieces and parts on their scheduled arrival date.

Spyder Garage

PS:
    Forrest: It is very easy to check on how many throttle bodies have been replaced. Ask the sevice writer to print out your complete warranty record. He can do this in a matter of seconds. It will show what has been done to your Spyder under warranty no matter where the work was performed.

Ride Forrest Ride!
    Spyder Garage

Thanks Walt... I will ask the next visit.

I think it will be informing to me just what they have done under waranty and not being told when it was serviced..

Justin is a great guy...

Banged Up Member
    Spyder Garage

He's right Forrest. I had, Jason, at Seminole Power Sports in Sanford, print me up a complete service record on my spyder.

Chris

Ride Forrest Ride!
    Spyder Garage

Well... I do hope this is the last of the Limp modes...
    CPS replaced the Kill switch assembly ( red switch on right handle bar)
    Also they repaired my clutch and I have no clue and don't care to know at this point anything else they have done..
    I have riden several hundred miles since the service and NO, NO< NO LIMP/ check engine MODES.
    The Iron Horse is now ready for the longer rides..

I wish to thank all who has been supporting me in this very very scary problem.. I hope and pray that no other will experience what I have experienced on the road with the limp mode BS..

Perhaps, BRP will have a solution soon.. At least I hope so, dropping from 70 miles an hour to 20-25 in an almost instant with no warning on the expressway is not nice.. not at all. All I have to say about the Limp mode, if it is for safety, I ask for saftety of What.. Engine or LIFE ???

Thanks again to CPS and BRP for getting me out of Limp mode.