Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Rider harassment?

I do understand we only get his side of the story. But still, it's seems disturbing me that the police essentially send in a SWAT team to stop one guy for lane cutting.

2019 Rally , Black

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default SOME OF THER OTHER SIDE OF THE STORY

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Hawk View Post
    I do understand we only get his side of the story. But still, it's seems disturbing me that the police essentially send in a SWAT team to stop one guy for lane cutting.

You are correct it's only one side of the story ....Well I was an LEO for 37 years .... made thousands of traffic stops and had this occur 100 plus times ..... It would take me at least an hour of typing to cover all the Bikers BS about this, Here's just one point " How many times did the Biker ask the officer how and why the Stop was made " ...I counted seven..... The biker is swimming in ATTITUDE and Passively resisting all efforts by the officer to do the Task at hand....Zero co-operation ..... If you were the officer how would you like to be treated ????? ....... just a different prospective ...... Mike ...........PS, I'm the kind of Cop who thinks BAD Cops should get twice the punishment for wrong doing ..... Because they took an Oath not to be Nasty or worse CROOKED
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 08-07-2018 at 06:29 PM.

Spyder Garage

One side of the story, seems like there is more to it

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    You are correct it's only one side of the story ....Well I was an LEO for 37 years .... made thousands of traffic stops and had this occur 100 plus times ..... It would take me at least an hour of typing to cover all the Bikers BS about this, Here's just one point " How many times did the Biker ask the officer how and why the Stop was made " ...I counted seven..... The biker is swimming in ATTITUDE and Passively resisting all efforts by the officer to do the Task at hand....Zero co-operation ..... If you were the officer how would you like to be treated ????? ....... just a different prospective ...... Mike ...........PS, I'm the kind of Cop who thinks BAD Cops should twice the punishment for wrong doing ..... Because they took an Oath not to be Nasty or worse CROOKED
    This is why I posted this, to read other's assessment of what could have happened. To the untrained eye (mine) the impression can be made the cops where too aggressive.
    2019 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

I think they stopped him for sh==s and giggles.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default BAD COP VIDEO

This is why I posted this, to read other's assessment of what could have happened. To the untrained eye (mine) the impression can be made the cops where too aggressive.
    " aggressive " ..... where in the video ( give the time/s please ) were any of the Cops acted " aggressive " .... I'm NOT...trying to start a pissing contest but I'm a FACT freak ......Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 08-07-2018 at 05:16 PM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I am on the cops side. He made unsafe lane changes. He was obviously speeding. Can't tell if he didn't use his blinker but assume that because his lane changes were much to abrupt. He is a buttwipe and deserves to be ticketed for every violation. He not only puts himself at risk but every other biker - most of whom do not ride this way. I don't want to be run over by some road rager because this idiot drives like a moron and pisses everybody else off.

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

What i see is they stopped him yet didn't give him a ticket so it does make me wonder, WHY?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Ride like an idiot, and you put yourself in the cross-hairs...
    Question: is lane-splitting legal in the State where this happened?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Legal in California, but don't know about New York.
    Is it Friday yet? ... Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm retired

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold
    2014 RT - Testing completed
    2016 F3-T Audio package - Sold

Spyder Garage

to the best of my knowledge lane splitting is only legal in California

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

That is NOT a SWAT team and he was guilty of more than just land cutting.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

He didn't lane split until he pulled up beside that red car and was stopped by the cops. He did change lanes unsafely multiple times though.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

The video begins with an overtype which says this ride is "chill" compared to his regular rides. If that is indeed true we will be reading his obit shortly......and hopefully before he takes an innocent person with him.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSpyder View Post
    He didn't lane split until he pulled up beside that red car and was stopped by the cops. He did change lanes unsafely multiple times though.
    … But that's exactly what the LEOs saw, when they arrived.
    There was a pretty good reason for him pulling up alongside the car; but the preponderance of his actions were pointing toward behaviors that aren't appreciated on the street.

Spyder Garage

We certainly aren't seeing the whole story with this video. My first impressions of this video is profiling by the police but Im sure there's more to the story. Chris

2021 RT Limited
    2021 Spyder RT Liminted , Marsala Red in Black

Spyder Garage

" aggressive " ..... where in the video ( give the time/s please ) were any of the Cops acted " aggressive " .... I'm NOT...trying to start a pissing contest but I'm a FACT freak ......Mike
    More "odd" than "aggressive" IMO. The only "aggressive" I see is when the cop car suddenly pulled across several lanes of traffic and squealed the brakes. That seemed both unnecessary, dangerous to other traffic, and certainly a huge inconvenience to everybody else. Also, for the cop car to have caught up with him while (allegedly) following him like this, it seems pretty obvious that the cops had to have been doing the exact same things the motorcyclist was doing (unsafe lane changes) and yet they didn't even have the lights and flashers going. Why not just turn on the flashers and sirens way back so others would move out of the way and they could make a safe stop? Or call in another car to make the stop? Then there was the fact they didn't give him a ticket after all that. Like others, I agree that his riding seemed to violate several laws. Virtually an emergency stop and no ticket? That makes no sense.
    2017 RTS , Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

He is a buttwipe and deserves to be ticketed for every violation.
    Unless maybe it is a local policy, a LEO is not legally required to listen or pay attention to ANYTHING a person has to say before, during or after an arrest.....except maybe a request for medical treatment.

In my opinion, anybody who is uncooperative should be handcuffed, put in the squad and transported to jail or a ticket written....without the LEO engaging in any conversation more than legally required.

In most cases, you get what you deserve.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
    We certainly aren't seeing the whole story with this video. My first impressions of this video is profiling by the police but Im sure there's more to the story. Chris
    Of course it was profiling. The police were profiling an unsafe driver! It's call Tactical Profiling and has nothing to do with race.
    2011 RTS (Sold to a very nice lady)
    1998 Honda Valkyrie
    2006 Mustang GT. Varooooom!
    US Navy Veteran
    SC Law Enforcement Boat Captain
    CNC Machine Service Technician
    President: Rolling Thunder SC1
    Member: Disabled American Veterans, Rock Hill, SC
    Member: American Legion
    Experience is recognizing the same mistake every time you make it!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by johnsimion View Post
    More "odd" than "aggressive" IMO. The only "aggressive" I see is when the cop car suddenly pulled across several lanes of traffic and squealed the brakes. That seemed both unnecessary, dangerous to other traffic, and certainly a huge inconvenience to everybody else. Also, for the cop car to have caught up with him while (allegedly) following him like this, it seems pretty obvious that the cops had to have been doing the exact same things the motorcyclist was doing (unsafe lane changes) and yet they didn't even have the lights and flashers going. Why not just turn on the flashers and sirens way back so others would move out of the way and they could make a safe stop? Or call in another car to make the stop? Then there was the fact they didn't give him a ticket after all that. Like others, I agree that his riding seemed to violate several laws. Virtually an emergency stop and no ticket? That makes no sense.
    How many times have you seen video of a biker just running away when a cop tries pulling them over? I think this particular stop was to prevent that from happening as the biker was trapped between civilians on both sides and the cop car in front.

And we don't know if the undercover cop car had lights or siren (other than neither could be seen or heard when they pulled up). And do we know they didn't give the biker a ticket? My video hit the place where the biker took off his gloves and then began repeating so I can't say for sure.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The tactics used by the LEOs were sound...

Spyder Garage

I am a police supporter But I do question things. I don't want to just come down on one side automatically.

Well, there is nothing to disagree about it. I just say aggressive because there are so many officers for what is a routine traffic stop. It looks to me one even took the key out of the ignition. I am not even sure they are technically allowed to do that. The key is private property.
    2019 Rally , Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That's to keep him from attempting to flee...
    Motorcycles are so quick and maneuverable; that you have to use multiple vehicles to plug up all of the potential escape routes...
    As I previously stated: sound tactics!

Spyder Garage

How many times have you seen video of a biker just running away when a cop tries pulling them over? I think this particular stop was to prevent that from happening as the biker was trapped between civilians on both sides and the cop car in front.

And we don't know if the undercover cop car had lights or siren (other than neither could be seen or heard when they pulled up). And do we know they didn't give the biker a ticket? My video hit the place where the biker took off his gloves and then began repeating so I can't say for sure.
    First, the other traffic was blocked off, not the biker. There was room to get in front of the cop car had he wanted. Second, there were two cop cars, not one. Why inconvenience EVERYBODY ELSE just to catch a guy for a traffic violation? Send one ahead and then let the following one to use lights and siren. If he tries to outrun, THEN you block him. If not, at least you're not screwing with everybody else on the street. Third, look at the video at 5:46 and I see them returning his license, telling him to use his blinkers and there's no indication he was asked to sign anything. The cop almost seems apologetic.
    2017 RTS , Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

They didn't want to leave any opportunity for a high-speed tap-dance with this joker...
    Sound tactics!