Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default 12 volt outlet trouble

I have a 2013 spyder st. I had the dealer put in a 12 volt outlet (liter style) in the frunk. I went to charge my phone when off for a ride when I noticed the phone was not charging. I tried with the key on and even starting it. I thought maybe the charger was bad so I found another Verizon charger and it worked when pluged in my vehicle but when I went and put it in the bike.... nothing. I put a meter to the charging plug and it showed that the fuses were being blown. Any ideas why ? Looks like back to the dealer which sucks. Seems I am having a bad summer when it comes to customer service.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spideybuffal0 View Post
    I have a 2013 spyder st. I had the dealer put in a 12 volt outlet (liter style) in the frunk. I went to charge my phone when off for a ride when I noticed the phone was not charging. I tried with the key on and even starting it. I thought maybe the charger was bad so I found another Verizon charger and it worked when pluged in my vehicle but when I went and put it in the bike.... nothing. I put a meter to the charging plug and it showed that the fuses were being blown. Any ideas why ? Looks like back to the dealer which sucks. Seems I am having a bad summer when it comes to customer service.
    is it blowing just when you plug in the charger? or all by itself?

probably a loose connection in the back shorting it out....on my 14 that port is fairly easily accessible...yank it out and take a peek

M

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Curious..!!

did you replace the fuse..?? It may have been blown when installed. If you did and it blew again then it is wired wrong. They need to fix that...
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default thanks

Quote Originally Posted by frelancr View Post
    is it blowing just when you plug in the charger? or all by itself?

probably a loose connection in the back shorting it out....on my 14 that port is fairly easily accessible...yank it out and take a peek

M
    Thanks. I will check.

Spyder Garage

I have a 12 volt connected to my fuze block and my 3A fuse kept blowing. I put a 5A in and phone has been charging fine ever since.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Question

Are talking about the fuse box on the spyder or in your chargers plug that you went to a 5 amp ?
    Thanks.