Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Any chance of a video/sound byte of your new exhaust. Outside drive by ??

Thanks,
    Tommy J.

Love the LED's !!!
    []https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/maps/map.png?states=CA.OR.WA.NV.ID.UT.AZ.MT.WY.CO.NM.ND .SD.NE.KS.OK.TX.MN.IA.MO.AR.LA.WI.IL.MI.IN.KY.TN.M S.OH.WV.AL.ME.NH.VT.MA.RI.CT.NY.NJ.PA.DE.MD.VA.NC. SC.GA.FL[/img F3L SE5 Black -- F4 windshield w/wings, Reggie LED headlights, driving lights & Cyclops LED, Ultimate seat, Fox shocks, BajaRon swaybar, Lamont highway centerline pegs & 3rd peg, Lamont belt tensioner, K&N air filter, Baker air wings & cup holder, CanAm hitch.
    2019 F3L , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ravseren View Post
    As soon as I find someone that I have more confidence in than Xenon Depot, I will try the 9005 LED's. They look to be much brighter than the stock light. First I need to find a dealer I can trust.
    What problem did you have with them? I just received my order in a timely fashion.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by johnny pop View Post
    What problem did you have with them? I just received my order in a timely fashion.
    I have done many orders through XenonDepot and all has gone very well.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ravseren View Post
    As soon as I find someone that I have more confidence in than Xenon Depot, I will try the 9005 LED's. They look to be much brighter than the stock light. First I need to find a dealer I can trust.
    Got mine in two days...

Spyder Garage

Inactive User
    Spyder Garage

Default Video?

Anyone planning to do a video of replacing the headlight bulbs? And yes, I have looked at the manual.

Spyder Garage

I gave up on replacing mine and sent them back- too much bodywork needed to be removed, and didn't want to risk damaging anything!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by johnny pop View Post
    I gave up on replacing mine and sent them back- too much bodywork needed to be removed, and didn't want to risk damaging anything!
    Same 'bodywork' that would need to come off to change a burned out lamp. The instructions really sound worse than it really is. Its just the top center panel and the grab rails on either side that come off. About a dozen screws.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Inactive User
    Spyder Garage

Default Pics

Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by llyrad View Post

Nice! Can you post a pic showing the low and high beam pattern of these LEDs at night? Thanks!
    2022 Spyder RT SEA-TO-SKY Mystery Blue... (bought new May 2023, a work in progress...)

2015 Can-Am Red F3-S, SE6
    CalSci shield, Elka stage 5 rear shock, stage 4 front shocks, Akrapovic silencer, BajaRon Bar, Roadster Renovations vibration dampener, Tricled LED headlights and auxiliary lights, driver floorboard, driver and passenger backrests, Tricled Safety Led package, Shad BRP/SH36 side cases, Baker built luggage rack, Tricled Rear run/brake/turn signal led, Tricled LED piezo brake bullet strobe, JDM Astar LED bulbs for rear and front lights, Airhawk seat pad, USB power outlet

Spyder Garage

So jc you never answered the question about the orientation. Is there a correct "up and down"? Just ordered a set. Also any update on led's for the fog lamps? Figured it would be a lot easier to swap bulbs before installing them.
    Thanks,Rick

Spyder Garage

The headlamp bulbs will only install one way. They are keyed.

I have a set of led lamps in my BRP fog lights but they are NOT plug n play. Very bright and work well just like the ones in the head lamps but the H3 bulb configuration in the fogs does not lend itself to an LED replacement. Do not recommend HIDs in the fog lamps due to the proximity of the ECM right next to the left lamp housing.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    Same 'bodywork' that would need to come off to change a burned out lamp. The instructions really sound worse than it really is. Its just the top center panel and the grab rails on either side that come off. About a dozen screws.
    I just reordered the headlights, now that I am more confident about installing them. Also they are less than half the original price now, if anybody is so inclined!

Spyder Garage

Been wanting to get some led headlights since purchasing the F3. Dont know how long they will take to get to me from Canada but at least I finally ordered them. I need to find some led bulbs for the foglight that I put in also.
    Retired U.S navy Seabee! "CAN DO"
    2015 Spyder F3-s

Inactive User
    Spyder Garage

Thanks i just order this today!!!

No, those are replacement halogen bulbs, not LED.

These are what I used:

http://www.xenondepot.com/H4-LED-hea.../h4-led-hl.htm

Spyder Garage

Today I installed my new LED headlamps, Ram Mount and USB power outlet for GPS and the Lamonster performance muffler pipe. Wow. Sounds great and the headlight were oh so simple to install. Plug n play. The exhaust was 30 minutes tops. Only one spring gave me any trouble.

I'm betting that spring would be the top one! if you have any tips on getting it on, please send by return post. thanks jb
    John B.
    Current ride: 2020 Spyder RT-s Petrol Metallic Blue dark with OEM top case

Spyder Garage

Very nice work👍🏾
    Live, Love, and Ride! God Bless!

Very Active Member Martin Slovakia's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default USB

what navigation are you using?? I did the same place for USB to have power for my Zumo, but it is simply not enough power to keep it alive.
    so I am planning to use the hole, to have cables ready directly from battery, to charge the GPS when I drive with that.
    and USB charger will go to frunk for charging phone when needed.

martin

Inactive User
    Spyder Garage

Cool

these are the new TricLED plug n play led highlight bulbs designed specifically for Spyders:

http://www.tricledusa.com/#!product/...f3-f3-t-models

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Slovakia View Post
    what navigation are you using?? I did the same place for USB to have power for my Zumo, but it is simply not enough power to keep it alive.
    so I am planning to use the hole, to have cables ready directly from battery, to charge the GPS when I drive with that.
    and USB charger will go to frunk for charging phone when needed.

martin
    I use a Garmin 2797. You have to use the Garmin USB cable, not a generic one and the socket needs to be rated for 2A.

I had the same problems before I found out about the cable. Now it works fine, charges my cell phone too which I use for bluetooth music.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

I got the led headlights in the F3 and they were easy for me to put in. A lot of things to take off to replace the bulb but Im sure it will be worth it. I took the F3 for a spin tonight to see how the lights were and they looked like they were aimed to high. Did anyone else have to aim them down some so they were not blinding anyone? I have done nothing to the lights since I got it. I seen the adjuster when I changed to the led's but I did not touch it. I hope I don't have to take all the things off again to adjust them if that is what needs to be done. Thanks in advance.
    2015 Spyder F3-s

Spyder Garage

Never mind. I was able to get theadjusters from taking off the service panels. Was able to adjust them with a long extension and a socket
    2015 Spyder F3-s

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mini73 View Post
    Never mind. I was able to get theadjusters from taking off the service panels. Was able to adjust them with a long extension and a socket
    That seems odd since the light should be a projector style housing. Normally a replacement bulb / element should be optimized to project onto the same angle of the reflector. Regardless, glad it worked.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    That seems odd since the light should be a projector style housing. Normally a replacement bulb / element should be optimized to project onto the same angle of the reflector. Regardless, glad it worked.
    I thought the same thing! I thought they were fine until I turned around to go back home last night for the test ride with them. I was at a stop sign making a turn and a big chevy truck was turning. the lights were aiming for his face.
    2015 Spyder F3-s

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    The F3 headlamps are not projector style. They are simple reflector headlamps with hi lo two element bulbs. Nothing like the RTs. They are also poorly adjusted from the factory.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame