Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default insturment panel Blank

OK Guys or Gals
    Here is my problem on my 2012 RTS. Putting on all my farkles. Installed (Show Chrome)
    After market trailer hitch and after market wiring harness. Before installing 5 wire to 4 wire converter wiring with meter checked out. Then went and removed air box and resonator box and installed JT air cleaner. Went to start bike and no instrument panel lighting up?????? So I went back and unplugged trailer hitch from plug and play wiring and reinstalled tail lights stock wiring. Went back and turned on key and still no instrument panel. Nothing works except front fender lights and right side lighting on the handle bar showing switched. Now for the question. Did I kill something serious or what am I missing ?????? Any help is most welcome

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Interesting..!!

start with the fuse panels. When removing the air box (its a bear) you may have disconnected something I would check that area. If all seems good and you have unplugged the trailer wires and back to normal you may have to pull the instrument cover and check connections there..always good after making changes to test everything as you go. This way you know which step may have caused the problem...
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    start with the fuse panels. When removing the air box (its a bear) you may have disconnected something I would check that area. If all seems good and you have unplugged the trailer wires and back to normal you may have to pull the instrument cover and check connections there..always good after making changes to test everything as you go. This way you know which step may have caused the problem...
    +1 Always check the last thing you worked on.

Spyder Garage

The analog gauge lights get power from main relay 2. If you don't have tail lights I'd bet you popped a fuse. The fuse that feeds MR2 is F2 in the front fuse box. If some lights work and others don't I'd suspect you unplugged something and forgot to plug it back.

JT

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

JT / all
    I pulled all the fuses and replaced after checking they are all good. I pulled all relays and reinstalled don't know how to check those. I turn the key on you can hear the computer and fuel pump. I have 4 ways but no turn signals. I have running lights in the front fenders and the head lights do come on when bike is started but turn signals and high beams don't work or the fog lights. The fuel and temp gauges don't turn on or the instrument gauges or boots up. I can start the bike but can't ride because of no speedo or gauges. I'm stumped . I disconnected all wiring to trailer wires so I'm really at a loss. The only thing I disconnected in the front were the mirrors/ turn signals but have them plugged back in. I'm loosing it now. Also all plugs were unplugged and replugged back into themselves.Instrument panel pulled unplugged and re plugged back in. Still blank.

Last edited by MSGTDOC; 06-04-2015 at 01:52 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default AAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Everyone
    Thanks for all your help and suggestions. I managed to get Rattigan Roger on the phone and he pointed me in the one direction I didn't think of. The wiring that goes into the back of the fuse block must have been pulled. Al tho I haven't pulled the block to make sure it is installed properly I did reach in behind from the trunk side because I can't get at it from the motor side. I did squeeze the wiring together with the block. Flipped the key on and everything lite off. So I'm one happy camper. So when I get back from my out of town trip over the next few days I will pull the front fuse block and make sure everything is as it is supposed to be. Then reinstall the trailer wiring and button it up and ride. Again thanks to everyone that offered help. It was a simple stupid thing but all it took was a suggestion pointing me in the right direction. A big thanks to Rattigan Roger.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Thanks..!!

Great to know and thanks for letting us know you found the problem...
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Glad to hear that Roger is still...Roger!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black